Broken Rules Has A New Game In The Works

Posted by Andy Green

Will be set in the same world as Chasing Aurora

Chasing Aurora has been in the Wii U eShop since the system's launch, and plenty of people have been enjoying soaring through it; a demo for the game is now available to download free of charge for those wanting to fly before they buy.

In a recent interview with 4CR, Broken Rules, the developer behind the game, said it was content with the sales Chasing Aurora has amassed and confirmed that due to the control style it won't ever be made available for other consoles.

Many people have been wondering what the developer is up to now that the demo is out, as well as a major update that sorted out a few niggling issues and reduced loading times, among other things. Broken Rules stated clearly that it had nothing scheduled for the 3DS, but does have plans for the Chasing Aurora franchise.

We’re certainly working on a new game set in the same world as Chasing Aurora. All I can tell you so far is that it will be a single player game.

Whether or not it will feature the same style of gameplay or come to Wii U is still unknown, but the prospect of a single player game with a similar style is certainly intriguing; especially considering that Chasing Aurora supported five player multiplayer.

What would you like to see in the next game from Broken Rules? Let us know your ideas in the comments below.

[via 4colorrebellion.com, gonintendo.com]

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

Can't wait! I really liked this. It has a lot of replay value and multiplayer is a blast!

BeeZeroOne1

BeeZeroOne1 said:

So in other words, it's the game Chasing Aurora was supposed to be in the first place. The initial announcement trailer really intrigued me, but I wasn't overly interested in the multiplayer parts of the game. Hopefully this one will live up to that trailer, because it looked fantastic.

PvtOttobot

PvtOttobot said:

Um, the single player (in the demo) kinda sucks, I hope it's just a completely different game that only keeps the one thing that interested me, the art style.

Ras

Ras said:

Is the Chasing Aurora demo available in NA? I look for it every time a demo is mentioned and have never found it.

klautrec

klautrec said:

I think Chasing Aurora had plenty of potential for a single player adventure, there aren't many games where you can play as a bird. the artstyle is charming and music is nice. I would love to enjoy an adventure that way. but, I also undertand what they did with the game embracing the asymetric multiplayer on WiiU launch. Seems like they realised this potential, I wish them the best luck, they're very talented.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Didn't like the demo much, but the art style is definitely gorgeous! I would love it if they made another game that better explored it's unique world in an exciting adventure and story rather than focusing on it as a multi-player party.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I definitely need demos of games that I am not sure of so I'll check the demo out once I get a chance.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Awesome! I heard that Chasing Aurora didn't have much of a single player component to speak of hence I didn't buy it but still loved the art style. As long as the new game is fun I'll definitely pick it up :)

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

"All I can tell you so far is that it will be a single player game."

That's literally all I wanted to know. XD

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

When I posted a Miiverse comment saying I wished that the single player game was a zen-like "non-game" like the end credits a dev response stated that the next game would be more like the end credit sequence.

I love the music art and the controls, but the game structure doesn't keep me coming back for more in single player. I'm going to give multiplayer another try since it's been updated to see if my daughter likes the changes.

Metal_Slugger

Metal_Slugger said:

Awesome I like single player Chasing Aurora old school challenge with modern art style. Reminds me of f zero in away how challenging it is in learning the "tracks".