Chances Of Strike Suit Zero Wii U Port Jettisoned Into Deep Space

Posted by Damien McFerran

Conversion was briefly considered

Cool PC-based space combat title Strike Suit Zero has turned a few heads lately thanks to its combination of lovely visuals and robot battling action, but sadly Wii U owners won't get the chance to join the party as developer Born Ready Games has shot down the chances of a port to the system.

Born Ready's Ben Smith had this to say:

There were brief discussions about how a Wii U version might work, but they never got further than the ideas station.

Would you have liked to have seen Strike Suit Zero come to Nintendo's new console? Let us know by posting a comment. In the meantime, feast your eyes on what you could have been playing:

[via gonintendo.com]

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Trailer looks better than it is. You could have taken the time to look at Metacritic to see after 32 reviews, it's averaging a 65 from sites, not much better at 74 from gamers. And it's $20. Scores like that mean $10 tops.

If you really want it, wait until a Steam sale when it's $5 or less.

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

I saw this game, and watched several reviews. I'm not a big fan of Mecha games. I could have lived with or without on my Wii U.

Grubdog

Grubdog said:

Seems like everybody wants to make a Wii U game but nobody actually does anything.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

It looks like a standard (but beautiful) Space combat game. I've played enough of those. I'd be more likely to buy the artbook than the actual game.

BATRA

BATRA said:

THE GAME LOOKS GOOD BUT I HEARD THAT STAR FOX FOR THE WII U IS COMING OUT AND IT LOOKS BETTER THEN THIS I RATHER HAVE STAR FOX

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

for a second there from the title i thought it was talking about the rpg "X" game whew :P

Mattiator

Mattiator said:

Man, this really would be a great addition to Wii U. I already own it on PC, and while it certainly has a few issues (poor AI and lame voice acting), it's definitely exhilarating once it finds it's stride. Dive-bombing a cruiser lobbing rockets, switching out into Strike Mode (the 'mech' you see in the video) and strafing along it's broadside clearing off turrets, then finally flicking back into Pursuit Mode to make a rapid escape is unforgettable.

P-Gamer-C

P-Gamer-C said:

I like this game its awsome but sadly its not coming to the wii u how long are we post to be on miiverse another 7 months as all the good games past us by aleast its on pc its cool