Gold Nunchuk Returns To North American Club Nintendo In January

Posted by Andy Green

Third time's a charm

Back in August Nintendo made a Gold Nunchuk available on Club Nintendo in North America, for those who wanted to have a bit of an Olympic feel to their Wii gaming. It really was a thing of beauty and a must have item for those with the limited edition Skyward Sword Gold Wii Remote.

Naturally they were snapped up very quickly, and those North Americans with a keen eye may have seen its return last Monday when Nintendo threw some more into the mix. You would have had to have been quick, though, as they were snapped up faster than a Mario game on a home console launch day, leaving many people disappointed once more.

Luckily Nintendo will be making even more available this coming January, which should give you plenty of time to collect the necessary 900 coins needed to swipe one. There’s no official date yet, but knowing Nintendo it’ll just haphazardly throw them out on a random day, so be ready!

Will you be hoping to get hold of one?

[via destructoid.com]

WesCash

WesCash said:

I'd love one, but I doubt I'll have 900 coins by the time they are released. I think I'm sitting around 600 right now.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

I have no need for it, wii is broke and I don't have a golden zelda wii mote so I will save my coins for something good.

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

It was available right after the Wii U launch, then went out of stock a few days later. I just checked it again seconds ago, and its saying "Currently Unavailable". Poopy.

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

@Bluesummer
Really dude? It looks pretty slick when plugged into the gold Zelda remote. Solid gold from one end to the other is ok, but the two tones really tie the room together.

Sam_Loser2

Sam_Loser2 said:

If I had the gold remote I'd get this in a heartbeat, but I already four nunchuks.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

I want this... but now I wonder if Nintendo will refresh the motion controllers in a year or so, and a new Zelda game is just the game they'd refresh them for. How could they refresh? Motion plus in the nun chucks and the gravity sensor in the Wii Remotes like the GamePad, rechargeable and a better speaker and larger memory chip for better sound in the Wii remote.

allav866

allav866 said:

I waited for this, refreshing the page every 5 minutes. Now I'm just waiting for it to come in the mail, along with my Platinum Membership reward, which was also shipped around the same time.

Azikira

Azikira said:

I saw it on monday, and as soon as I clicked "Order" it said "Sorry this item is no longer available" :C I have been watching this sucker for ages

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

I only have around 500 or so, and I doubt I'll get enough by then. I need a new nunchuck so this would have been nice, not that I'm in a hurry since my wireless sensor bar eats through batteries and I'm not buying 400 coins worth of Nintendo products just for a new one.

Jaco

Jaco said:

I got a lot of buying to do to get this
All of those free games set me back a lot of coins

ThumperUK

ThumperUK said:

Just wish Nintendo Europe would offer this instead of the usual stuff they leave us with.

Jeremyx7

Jeremyx7 said:

I have ALLOT of coins already in my ClubN account so I will certainly consider getting this instead of paying $20 for one at the store.

player310

player310 said:

The gold nunchuks go for about $100 or more on the auction sites... kinda crazy... wish I had one...

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

I want this bad. I only have about 400 points in my CN account but I wouldn't mind buying it in the store to go with my gold Remote. :)

BlueCurry74

BlueCurry74 said:

@Bluesummer
I totally get what you mean, but I have a feeling they did that because the Zelda Skyward Sword Wii Remote similarly has white buttons/bits to it. :D

Sonic1994CD

Sonic1994CD said:

How about you put a new prize on their that is actual good and cheap....not that the gold nunchuk is a bad prize but are they even making enough of them? It was gone in one day and I don't know how many people have 900 coins laying around to spend on this because it is a lot of coins.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

Hey, Sonic ... It's a $20 piece of equipment they're giving you for free, if you choose to take it. It was gone in one day because people wanted it badly.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

Wish they would put up soundtrack CDs of games :( Japan gets all the good stuff.
Got mine within 3 days of ordering btw :O

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

Meh. I had a chance to get one the other day, but I decided against it. Why? I don't have anymore Wii remotes that need a nunchuck, I don't want to sell it, I don't like the gold controllers, and I'm waiting for Wii U stuff to show up. I have 1280 coins, and 900 is alot of coins for something I don't have the want or need for. Another Wii remote, 3DS XL stylus, battery packs, Kid Icarus cards,or DLC codes for NSMB.2, the NES/SNES/N64 Wii controller, would be a different story. That makes me wonder if Nintendo tried hooking up a R.O.B. to the Wii...

SteveW

SteveW said:

900 coins sounds like a lot, it probably cost $2 to make them. I'd rather have the SNES controller that the USA didn't get...

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I let it go the first time around. Indeed 900 is a lot (three golds) and I would rather get free games. Nintendo is very picky around here if you want to use a credit card so I get any opportunity to snatch those free games.

Wish that Pushmo makes it as a reward, since Crashmo has been released.