Puddle For Wii U Will Be The Definitive Version Of The Game

Posted by Orla Madden

Neko Entertainment explains why the Wii U version is the best so far

In September we confirmed that Puddle would be available for Wii U on the Nintendo eShop. Neko Entertainment has now dropped some good news on the Wii U version, that it's been improved in a number of areas specifically for Nintendo's upcoming home console.

Due to the good performance that the developer has achieved from the system, Puddle will apparently run at full 1080p and 60fps (frames per second). The GamePad accelerometer is also quite interesting as it fits perfectly with the most important aspects of the title, its controls and physics. A feature the developer has taken advantage of is the fact that if your parents decide they wanted to watch the TV, gameplay can resume on the GamePad at the full 60fps.

In terms of controls, you'll have 3 possible options: the ZL-ZR Buttons are said to be the most reactive, the left stick is the easiest way to take control of the liquid, while the accelerometer is the most immersive way to play the game.

Neko Entertainment has also examined certain levels in which numerous people used the “Whine and Skip” feature on other systems; adjustments have been made to avoid frustration for the player. The developers have made these modifications as they want every player to feel they can complete each level.

The Wii U version of Puddle is shaping up to be the best yet, will you purchase it when it's released on the eShop?

[via gamersxtreme.org]

rjejr

rjejr said:

I'm not buying another port until a developer tells me it's the worst version they've ever produced and they just wanted the exposure and money.

Greetings to the new girl, and yes, I'm always this negative and pessimistic.

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

I kind of agree @rjer.. It's nice to see eshop games are fludding(haha) in, but ports aren't what i'm waiting for. Can't wait for Toki Tori!!

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

Was the original developed for a more casual or more hardcore audience? I can't see calling the level skip "whine and skip" particularly good for their reputation.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

@ziLToiD Might be more "stylized," but that doesn't mean I'm liking the style of this game over Fluidity. I find Fluidity's style/art design much more interesting and charming than this, from the shots I've seen.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Yeah this is why I'm buying a Wii U.......to piss in puddles......lol

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I really enjoyed Fluidity on WiiWare so I tried the demo for Puddle on my PS Vita but I couldn't get into it. I might be willing to give it another shot on the Wii U. Hopefully it will have a demo when it hits the eShop.

Sam_Loser2

Sam_Loser2 said:

I loved fluidity and the entire concept of it. I'm getting this day one as I will the 3DS fluidity. Sorry for the optimism.