Castlevania, Mega Man 4 And Donkey Kong Heading To Japanese eShop

Posted by Orla Madden

Popular NES titles making their way to the 3DS Virtual Console next week

Japanese gamers are in for a treat next week, as Castlevania, Mega Man 4 and Donkey Kong will all be released for the 3DS Virtual Console on October 17th, priced at 500 yen each.

Both Mega Man 4 and Donkey Kong are the original Famicom versions of the games, whereas Castlevania is based on the Japanese Famicom Disk System version.

None of the titles have been confirmed for a release outside of Japan, but hopefully this could be a signal of what's to come for future EU and US downloads.

[via computerandvideogames.com]

Related Games

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

This is maddening, we're barely getting any virtual console releases as it is right now.

So many missed opportunities, the SNES and Megadrive games are perfectly suited for the 3DS with their button layouts and screen resolutions!

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Yeah, anytime they want to start releasing these already localized oldies here in NA sure would be nice. Heck, I'll gladly exchange U.S. currency for them, perhaps several times.

Don

Don said:

As long as they release Gamecube games on Wii U VC outside of Japan I can wait for these...

MrWezzle

MrWezzle said:

@Tech101 What, Castlevania "The Adventure" isn't good enough for you? Literally the last Castlevania title anybody ever asked for on VC?

And no, I don't think I'd take this as a signal that anything's really going to improve for the West. Japan gets at least one if not two NES titles almost every week. Their 3DS VC catalog is BALLIN', and it has been for a long time. I don't know why it takes so long for EU and NA to get the scraps off that table.

Megajack

Megajack said:

I can no longer stand Crapcom for this. :( I wouldn't be surprised if that Megaman anniversery thing there doing is a C-D or some kind of poster.

rockman_zero

rockman_zero said:

I can care less for crapcom and N.O.A only wants mario games anything else don't bother that's y they get a lot of hate cuz they only want 1 game(mario) that will fill their pockets

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

Holy awesome VC releases for Japan. I'd buy at least two, possibly all 3 of those games

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

So Japan now has four MegaMan NES games as well as Castlevania. You're killing me here Nintendo - you really are.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

I just can't see myself dipping into these 3DS NES VC games, I already have them on the Wii and many of them on Cart already. Playing Super Mario Bros and Zelda II on the 3DS was just...kind of, akward. That aside, Castlevania: The Adventure will be hitting in the NA at the end of this october just in time for Halloween. Regardless of the mediocre reviews i'm thrilled to play it! B-) Probably because it's the last(aside from my copy of Bloodlines) Traditional Castlevania I haven't played or beaten yet.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I would prefer it if they would focus on bringing more GB/GBC games to 3DS VC as the NES games are already available on the Wii but I would definitely get Castlevania on 3DS VC if that came to the west due to the save states that you can use on 3DS VC games.

KAHN

KAHN said:

i've considered moving to japan to get a slice of the action we arent getting in the states, and this is a confirmation.

RR529

RR529 said:

It really doesn't bother me that we haven't gotten much NES games yet. I played through a few of my ambassador games (SMB, Zelda, Metroid), and while they were fun, for some reason it just didn't feel right playing them on the 3DS, IMHO.

I'd rather them focus on the portable classics & forgotten gems.