Captain Falcon's Twister Race Leads Final Nintendo Land Mini Game Trio

Posted by Orla Madden

New details also include Octopus Dance and Yoshi's Fruit Cart

A picture of a fact sheet has been found detailing the final three Nintendo Land attractions which have - up until now - not been revealed. The picture was taken by an ONM reader at the Play Expo in Manchester last weekend, which provides fresh information on the upcoming compilation game.

Captain Falcon's Twister Race: In this single-player attraction, you'll hold the narrow end of the Wii U GamePad upright with both hands to guide a high-speed wind-up vehicle toward the finish line.

Octopus Dance: This is a single-player, rhythm-based attraction using the Wii U GamePad. You must instantly memorise the movement of the character on screen and re-enact the poses using the Control Sticks or gyro sensor.

Yoshi's Fruit Cart: In this brain-teasing single-player attraction, you're asked to guide Yoshi's cart towards the goal while collecting all the fruit along the way. The catch is that you can see fruit on the TV but not on the GamePad, a game-play mechanic made possible only using two screens.

Nintendo Land will be bundled with the Wii U Deluxe Bundle when the console launches on November 30th.

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

Definitely looking forward to this game, seeing what the Wii U gamepad is capable of.

Smitherenez

Smitherenez said:

This game will be a lot of fun! Still need to find some friends to play it with though when it is out. Getting 4 friends over here to play a game with is already challenging enough, so 5 is going to be a problem :P

RCMADIAX

RCMADIAX said:

The more I read up on this title the more excited I get for it. Can't wait!

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

so the final three are all single player? So that's five exclusively single player games and seven where co-op is either possible or necessary. I'd thougt that at least one of the remaining games would be multiplayer too, but I'm pretty curious what they look like now.

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

oh no.. wait.. wait.. takamaru, balloon trip breeze ánd DK crash course, means that there were already THREE single player ones.. so it's half 'n half.. sorry people of the world, I made a mistake.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

Sucks that the F-Zero minigame is singleplayer only.. I would have loved some multiplayer racing.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

@chiptoon
I hear that! Hopefully it's a sign that F-Zero is due for an awesome HD comeback!
@19Robb92
I would think a 2 player option would've been obvious (or even 5-player) but judging by the description, the controls wouldn't allow it without a second gamepad. Am I reading that right? Can anyone else interpret the description differently or offer any suggestion as to why Nintendo chose to use these kind of controls?

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

Octopus sounds like it's taking cues from Flagman as well. Nintendo Land's F-Zero sounds neat too, but hopefully the racecar goes really fast. I heard that it's not quite the break-neck speed F-Zero is known for.

Yoshi's Fruit Cart sounds like it will be a little strategic, so I'll look forward to that one too. Nintendo Land will be a great launch title and the best game for introducing people to Miiverse.

Ryno

Ryno said:

Eh... I am not to excited for this game and wont be spending to much time with it.. Guess it will be good to show off the Wii U to other people though.

I hope a full F-Zero game, with split screen, will be available sometime soon!

rjejr

rjejr said:

I'm guessing the 6 single player games can only be played single player but do the 6 multiplayer games require multiplayer or can they be played single player with AI control? If multi-player requires multiplayer than this $60 game can either only be played half-way when you are by yourself or half way with other people so either way it can only be played half-way and should therefore probably be half that price. Which is good it's in the $50 extra bundle with the extra GB and other benefits but it just doesn't seem like a $60 stand alone game to me.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

@LavaTwilight
Yeah, that's probably the main reason. Still sucks though. I'd rather have a normal racing control scheme and multiplayer than this and no multiplayer.

Kirk

Kirk said:

Considering they've left these games till last they had better be pretty dang good or I'm gonna be sorely disappointed.

If the F-Zero game is crap I swear I will punch someone in the face!

True_Hero

True_Hero said:

I was hoping more of these would be multi-player, but they sound fun none the less.

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

@rjejr If I recall it's been stated that the pikmin, zelda and metroid games can be played alone as well.. the other three have a very stern focus on competitive multiplayer, so I wouldn't bet on being able to play them single-player.

LeVideoGamer

LeVideoGamer said:

Would've liked if Captain Falcon's Twister Race was multiplayer with Wii remotes, but some F-Zero action is better than none I guess. I love the fact that Nintendo are tapping into their lesser known franchises, rather than making it the obvious Mario, Zelda, Kirby & Pokemon. Definitely looking forward to Nintendo Land, especially Metroid Blast. I'd love to have some DLC on this game though; an Ice Climber styled platforming mini-game would be pretty sweet.

Varia01

Varia01 said:

That is what I like about Nintendo Land, it is a large game made out of large mini games. I'm still looking most forward to Metroid Blast but that F-Zero game looks neat too.

Grodus

Grodus said:

In Yoshi's Fruit Cart, couldn't you just look at the TV the whole time? I really hope that there is a HUGE disadvantage to this, too. Like track only on GamePad, and fruit only on the TV.

gefflt

gefflt said:

YES! Yoshi's Fruit Cart has to be leading up to a sequel to Yoshi's Story from the N64! fingers crossed

Emaan

Emaan said:

Nintendo Land is looking to be tons of fun. It didn't deserve the initial back lash it got when first announced. This is a perfect launch title.

Sylverstone

Sylverstone said:

@baba_944 In a sense, yes and no.

We're just given a little peek at the power that Nintendo's franchises possess on Wii U and we can expect bigger and better to come in a few years.

3dbrains

3dbrains said:

The main tv can be used as a stat/map screen and the whole game running on the gamepad.
I like this.

F-Zero! *crying with joy

Megajack

Megajack said:

Finally. :) A chance to play F-Zero. And who knows? Maybe this will give F-Zero a lead to have a game on Wii-U. ;)

hairybones1997

hairybones1997 said:

Wind up f-zero? Is it just me, or does this seem like this game would be insanely hard on master difficulty?