The Sword of Hope II Strikes Europe Next Week

Posted by Mike Mason

Hopefully yours

The Sword of Hope II will arrive on Europe's 3DS Virtual Console next week on 9th August.

The Game Boy RPG, which came out on North America's eShop a couple of weeks ago, follows Prince Theo as he tries to retrieve the Sword of Hope, stop an evil spirit and clear his name of murder. All in a day's work.

You'll be able to recruit allies and set out for world-saving antics next week for £2.70 / €3.00. In the mean time, our Sword of Hope II review might convince you that this is the adventure for you.

Thanks to Bass X0 for the news tip.

[via nintendo.co.uk]

Magikarp3

Magikarp3 said:

man, I'm so stoked for this one. All the people on the forums have sold it for me long ago!

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

@Scarhino89 - According to wikipedia you guys never got it.

Have fun Europe, it's at least 15 hours according to my activity log

RR529

RR529 said:

I got 20 hours out of it. Great game, right up there with Link's Awakening DX & Metroid II as one of VC's best, IMO.

RetroGBHippie92

RetroGBHippie92 said:

I HOPE this will my fav VC game since Metroid II, I haven't played many VC games since, except for Kirby's Dreamland 2.

Olaf-symbiote

Olaf-symbiote said:

I'm interested in this, but I'll wait till they have the first game on the eShop. I'm still so puzzled about their decision to release the sequel first.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

@Olaf-symbiote Why wait ages for the first game when it may not even come to the Virtual Console in Europe? I really doubt you need to play the first game to understand the second.

Olaf-symbiote

Olaf-symbiote said:

@Bass_X0 Why wouldn't the first one be released? It was released in the Japanese 3DS VC, and since there shouldn't be anything controversial with The Sword of Hope, I'm betting it will be released elsewhere eventually. The only explanation I can figure for why the sequel is released first is that someone Kemco can't count to two.

As for your question, I'm willing to wait patiently for the first game, even if it won't come immediately, since I still have tons of games on my eShop watchlist that I'll likely get before TSOH2. Even if I downloaded the title right now, I wouldn't actually start playing it yet as I still have many unplayed Gameboy games downloaded on my system (Gargoyle's Quest, Bionic Commando, Mario's Picross, etc., etc.). Anyway, while I'm certainly interested in this title, I'm not dying to play it straight away, so waiting "ages" for the first game is absolutely no problem to me.

Nekketsu3D

Nekketsu3D said:

I would like that Nintendo risk more, sword of hope II is very addictive, much as others underestimated the eshop, avenging spirit, maru's mission, bionic commando.

I hope we see the first part Eshop someday in U.S. and Europe