Rumour: Dragon Ball Heroes Heading For 3DS

Posted by Katy Ellis

It's over 9000!

There have been reports suggesting that Namco Bandai may be bringing the arcade title, Dragon Ball Heroes, to the 3DS in Japan: it's a Japanese card-based arcade game, originally released in late 2010 and developed by Dimps.

The 3DS version will apparently be called Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission, and is said to include a story mode, wireless connectivity and a form of compatibility with the arcade version of the game, a feature that is likely to be removed should the game make it to the West. Ultimate Mission will potentially boast a huge roster of over 200 characters and 800 cards to use, while the gameplay itself will see players using their 3DS stylus to control their deck of five cards to destroy the enemy in battle.

It has been rumoured that Ultimate Mission is set to release in Winter throughout Japan, but no word as yet whether or not it will ever make it overseas.

[via andriasang.com]

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

@Katy I doubt they would be giving any information about an overseas release when the Japanese version was barely announced.

Will this use AR cards in any way? In Japan these arcade card games are quite popular now. I see them all the time at the game centers. I can never figure out how to play them. I need to make friends that frequent those kinds of games.

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

Haha, it sounds almost like Flick Rush from KH3D expanded into a full game. Cool for those Japan people, iirc Dragon Ball Heroes is one of the more popular card games there at the moment.

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Yet another interesting title that will probably never see the light of day outside the Land of the Rising Sun.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Oh cool. It probably won't come over here since as far as I know we don't have the card game, but ai'd probably get it.

JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser said:

@Lan isn't there a series coming with an alternative timeline? Or is that me being gullible.
Looking forward to the movie as well.

edit: never mind. It's me being gullible.

McGruber

McGruber said:

I hope this is released in the US. I need a 3DS game I can look forward to because for me there is close to nothing im interersted in...im still playing mario tennis :/

wing0black

wing0black said:

has anyone else noticed that the arcade cabinet in the picture looks like a giant 3DS?

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

@TwilightPoint

you may be thinking of the trailer promotion of trunks going super sayain 3 in a fight against fat buu? nothing to be gulliable about :P i once thought it was a thing too

guess that makes 2 dbz related things to look forward too next year this and the canon movie

hillbill26

hillbill26 said:

Aw Crap. Not again. If it's not $9000 then it won't be so bad, but im not looking forward to it.

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

SO, this is this the Dragon Ball title for the 3DS that was confirmed back at E3 2010? It took way too long for this info to leak.

Lin1876

Lin1876 said:

Meh, I've always preferred Dragon Ball over Dragon Ball Z anyway. Before anyone asks, there is a difference.

Samholy

Samholy said:

i had tons of these cards younger, always wondered what that game was all about. Found them in montreal chinatown mostly, but there was no game arcade or whatever, just cards to collect randomly.

if it ever comes in america,ill give it a try just for fanboyism. cause dragonball made my childhood better.