Kid Icarus: Uprising Complete Soundtrack Blasting Into Japan

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Imports available, at a hefty price

We suspect that anyone who's played Kid Icarus: Uprising with a pair of good headphones has listened to and enjoyed at least a few of the music tracks. It's possible to listen to snippets of sweeping orchestral music in the game itself, but it's a soundtrack that seems worthy of a serious listen when not distracted by blasting enemies off the screen.

If you're in Japan, that itch has already been scratched. Nintendo's homeland has had a single disc album available through Club Nintendo, compiling some of the best music from the game, and is now set to receive a complete three disc set: which we expect will be rather good.

While getting hold of one of these soundtracks has been practically impossible for anyone outside of Japan, Destructoid is reporting that CD Japan has stepped up and is offering it for export worldwide. The initial price of $45 for a three disc album may seem fairly reasonable, but shipping costs will add a fair amount and take the total bill to over $60.

If you're a Kid Icarus fanatic, this is the way to get hold of that lovely soundtrack when it's released next week; just make sure you save some pennies.

[via destructoid.com, cdjapan.co.jp]

Lin1876

Lin1876 said:

That's pretty cool, but not quite worth the $60. I'll wait and see what the various import shops come up with.

Samholy

Samholy said:

this game could win the soundtrack of the year award.
60 dollars for a cd is a ripoff, ill wait for the mp3s to be available on itune store or something.

but seriously, the tracks are incredible. the game deserves a sequel on the WiiU

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I didn't know the Club Nintendo soundtrack only had some of the tracks. Having all of the music is a great deal, but $60 seems a bit much. With the sound test in the game and Youtube, it's not like this would be really neccessary, but it would sound awesome in the car.

triforcepower73

triforcepower73 said:

My favorite track was dark lord gaol's castle. Love it! And the final battle music was epic! Who DID the music anyway?

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

yeah...not paying 60 bucks....maybe 10. Great soundtrack but I'm not spending that much money on it.

Netto-kun

Netto-kun said:

Since the OST is sold exclusively through Amazon Japan (they don't ship CDs oversea, I believe?), I guess CD Japan (which is also stationed in Japan) is ordering copies from them.

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

Pay more for the soundtrack than the freaking game? I feel like I already paid for the soundtrack when I paid for the game since every single song FROM the game is IN the game. This is where pirating becomes justifiable in my opinion.

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

$60? No thanks. As nice as a CD would be, just listening to the music with headphones on my 3DS is good enough for me. In fact, I'm going to do so when I go on a long car trip tomorrow!

Onett

Onett said:

Not quite worth the $60.00 price tag, however, I will say that this soundtrack is remarkable. I found myself standing at the balcony of Dark Lord Gaol's castle, staring off into the distance filled with dark purple clouds during the calm portion of Magnus' theme. It was one of the most beautiful things I'd ever seen on the 3DS at the time. The Lightning Chariot Base is another example of how perfectly the soundtrack works together with the game to make the player truly feel like they are 'climbing' up the tower, overcoming a great challenge to reach new hights.

Medicham

Medicham said:

This. Is. Insane... I luv Kid Icarus: Uprising and the music was C+ material. Wasn't that great to me. Nintendo coulda done alot better if they did more piano and techno music in the game. I am not buying this overpriced CD at all.

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

If I didn't already have the abridged Club Nintendo OST, I would probably get this, but I feel like all my favorite music was there to begin with. Also, $60 could by a new game instead.

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

Why doesn't Club Nintendo in America have this!?!?!? Seriously, WTF?
Well, at least Japan got it. Now we'll just have to wait for about 2 years until a US release.

Emaan

Emaan said:

Does the North American Club Nintendo ever get anything cool like this? Hint: They don't :|