Japanese Virtual Console List: June 2012

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

The Neo Geo assault carries on

Three more games for the Wii Virtual Console in Japan this month, and as is to be expected now the majority are Neo Geo games. With Metal Slug 3's recent western release, we hope to see some more games for the system coming to the Virtual Console outside of Japan as well.

The full list for June is as follows:

Super Famicom:

• Tsukikomori — A visual novel with a horror theme, which of course was never released elsewhere originally; for some reason the visual novel genre never really took off outside Japan.

Neo Geo:

• Pulstar (June 5th) — A cult classic shoot 'em up with great 3D-like graphics and a pretty good soundtrack as well. Among fans this is probably one of the most requested remaining Neo Geo games, so we hope it finds its way elsewhere soon.
  • Real Bout Garou Densetsu 2: The Newcomers — Creeping ever closer to the end of the series (and the much desired Garou: Mark of the Wolves), this is the seventh Fatal Fury title. Not many huge changes to be found in this one.

There's nothing super special coming up for Japan on the 3DS Virtual Console front next week, just a public release of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, which will most certainly find its way around the globe sooner or later.

Omega

Omega said:

I like how those shooters look on the NeoGeo. Really impressive. If only they were not so damn hard.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

I'll download any version of Real Bout Fatal Fury we get as soon as its released. I've never played any of those and I don't need Mark of the Wolves since I have it already on XBOX 360.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Its that time to look at the Japanese "make other regions jealous" VC update.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

Yeah, I would like to see how Pulstar is. I'll take that Real Bout as well but I would not need Mark of the Wolves cause I have that on 360 too.

Honved77

Honved77 said:

D4 Enterprise is doing a fine job on the Virtual Console. Especially on games for Neo Geo. That platform still has many good games (which are not fighters) not yet appeared in the VC.

Come on, D4! Shock Troopers, Money Puzzle Exchanger, Over Top, Neo Drift Out, Blazing Star, Viewpoint, Super Dodge Ball... and more.

Retrogamer88

Retrogamer88 said:

i wanna play pulstar and Tsukikomori,though you really wouldnt have to translate pulstar being a shooter but a visual novel sounds like fun also since it would be a breath of fresh air since i havent really played a visual novel before