Samurai Warriors 3DS Sequel Confirmed for Japan

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Hacking and Slashing on 13th September

Samurai Warrors: Chronicles was a 3DS title that divided opinion: some loved the hack and slash battles while others complained that it was too simplistic. Although critics and gamers don't often agree on the series' merits, it doesn't seem to matter, as more and more titles are released for its loyal fanbase.

Tecmo Koei has confirmed that a sequel is on the way to 3DS, called Samurai Warriors Chronicle 2nd. There are first-look details in the latest issue of Famitsu (via Andriasang), which confirms the Japanese release for 13th September. There are reportedly branching paths and multiple endings in the main campaign mode, and there'll also be a 'Moushou Enbu' mission mode that will support local multiplayer and online rankings.

Considering the fact that the first title was a launch release worldwide, there's a decent chance that this sequel will make it outside of Japan. We'll look out for any updates.

[via andriasang.com]

Oregano

Oregano said:

If it gets localised I shall be getting this. Really enjoyed the first one.

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

Hopefully it'll come to the US.

I enjoyed the first game quite a lot,i play it from time to time,definitely underrated.

vegeta044

vegeta044 said:

eeekkkk I want this! sorry for turning into a fan boy for a second lol I will be pre ordering this!

Raptor78

Raptor78 said:

YEAH!!!!!!! Samurai Warriors 3DS was my first "warriors" game and I loved it, im so glad its getting a sequel... I wonder if they will be giving us loads of DLC again, I always looked forward each week to new scenarios and suchlike.
....needs online multiplayer though, the first one was screaming out for it :)

cfgk24

cfgk24 said:

Fabulous game! I'm replaying the original and really enjoying it a 2nd time round - especially now I undestand the weapon fusing system.
This was by far the best launch title for the 3ds.. and I'm sure the 2nd game will be even more lushly produced - I hope it will be localised for Eu and american release - ( we don't need english voiceovers btw :) just the text in english.
Very excited!!!!!!!!!
Please bring to Europe!!!!

1takauchiha

1takauchiha said:

I loved the first, I can't wait for this one! XD I haven't even finished the first yet...

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

Thomas, I'm not sure it will be released here.

Look at Tecmo Koei's track record recently:

The did NOT release Dynasty Warriors Vs for the 3DS here.
They did not release Samurai Warriors 3Z.
They did not release Samurai Warriors 3 XL.
They did not release Samurai Warriors 3Z Special.
They did not release Samurai Warriors 3 Empires.

Things aren't looking good... TK isn't keen on giving gamers what they ask for anymore...

Hokori

Hokori said:

I want to try out this series the problem is, is I wonder if this is japans equivalent to americas COD series seems like it, but futal Japan interests me more then WW FPS stuff, but I think dynasty warriors is out of the question for me.

RR529

RR529 said:

I enjoyed the first SW:C, so I'll definately give this a look if it arrives Stateside.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

My favourite title from the first few months, I still play it from time to time as there is so much to do. The idea of another sounds great

Bankai

Bankai said:

@gojiguy That's pretty much entirely wrong. Given that TK has localised like, 8 Warriors games in between your list there.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

Hope it turns out better than It's predecessor. Seems like the developers are realizing the amount of time It actually takes to create an A+ game.

gazamataz

gazamataz said:

i really like the first one on 3ds.i have'nt finished it. but it's in a pile of about 20 games that i will have finish.i hope all new games get banned so i can get to work on it.

Tate24

Tate24 said:

i got first one wish they would of added two - player online co-op that would been boss :)

H_Hunter

H_Hunter said:

samurai warriors should look older than this kid and should be with beards and long hair. Also, samurai don't use guns. end result: I'll pass