Make Your Own Movies in Pokémon Black and White 2

Posted by James Newton

Frame and focus

Pokémon Black & White 2 land later this year with all the gotta-catch-'em-all action you could want, but if you fancy taking a break from animal slavery you can always try your hand at animal acting with the game's new "Pokéwood" mode.

The addition lets you create miniature movies using your Pokémon, picking dialogue and scenarios before hitting record. Hopefully you'll be able to share these movies with friends somehow, but no word on that just yet.

New screenshots also reveal you'll be able to face off against famous trainers including Team Rocket mastermind Giovanni in the World Tournament mode, with other characters made available through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Pokémon Black and White 2 reach Japan in five weeks, with western releases on the cards for later this year.

[via andriasang.com]

Azaris

Azaris said:

This is a little of a weird idea, if i had to guess this feature will be 3ds only. dsi just can't record videos as far as i know so it pretty has to be 3ds only(ds lite and ds phat don't even have camera so they won't work either)

stipey

stipey said:

I think I read that it was more of a replacement of the Pokemon Musical from Black and White. Maybe wrong though!

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

What a terribly cheap gimmick. Seriously Pokemon if you're ganna innovate dont make it through features like this.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

well that's... something.

The stuff about fighting the old gym leaders is cool though.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I just got into Pokemon (yes I know, took me long enough...) and bought Diamond the other day. I LOVE IT...so far lol My only beef with Black 2 and White 2 is the fact that it's, for whatever reason, NOT on 3DS. Come on! DS is old, make a 3DS Pokemon game!!!! (and not rumble....)

SpaceKappa

SpaceKappa said:

@RevolverLink Aw, I <3 Whitney. :(

That said, the list of the old Gym Leaders to appear has already been revealed (I won't post it for spoilery reasons) and you don't have anything to worry about.

1takauchiha

1takauchiha said:

...Go ahead and flame me, I don't care. I love Pokemon, I will NEVER stop playing, but I'm going to say it anyway.
This is stupid. It may just be safe to say that Black and White will remain the best, unsurpassed by Black 2 and White 2.

Powerglove

Powerglove said:

You get to face a lot more than Giovanni at the World Tournament. Other articles have mentioned Brock, Misty, and Blue (aka Gary).

ShadJV

ShadJV said:

The video thing sounds like something with potential that Nintendo is just going to lazily slap in for extra features.

The World Tournament trainers sound great... for all of five minutes. I mean, I'd love to battle those trainers again, but after that, then what? Seems like

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

Some people seem to misunderstand the concept, you won't be "recording movies" in the "lol I can record moviez and edits them" sense, it will just be the new "poke contest" of this game mixed with some "choose your own adventure" thing.

To be honest it's a nice idea, and it will be an interesting activity to do.