Pre-Order Kingdom Hearts 3D, Get Free AR Cards

Posted by James Newton

Eat your heart out

Pre-order Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance ahead of its summer release and you'll get some augmented reality cards to use in-game.

The AR cards unlock exclusive Dream Eaters, though retailers haven't specified whether the cards unlock evil Nightmare Dream Eaters to battle or helpful Spirit Dream Eaters to recruit and level-up. We'd wager on a combination of both.

So far you can pre-order with Amazon but seeing as the listing says the cards come in the game box, we reckon this offer will be rolled out to other retailers in due time.

[via amazon.com]

Popyman

Popyman said:

"but seeing as the listing says the cards come in the game box, we reckon this offer will be rolled out to other retailers in due time."

No, it most likely means that every copy in the first shipment of the game comes with them whether you preorder or not. They did this with RE:Chain of Memories. I never preordered but there the postcards were, right in the box.

mamp

mamp said:

I don't know how I feel about this game I heard you are forced to switch between Sora and Riku every 20 mins. A lot of game previews I read are complaining about this, especially because if you're in a boss fight and you run out of time you still get switched but when you come back to the boss fight later on they have recovered full health (and you haven't) and you have to start the boss fight from the beginning.

ueI

ueI said:

Will these cards ever become available to those who don't preorder?

grimbldoo

grimbldoo said:

@Popyman #4
And we could always just go to Walmart. I think they still have some Heart Gold/Soul Silver games with the preorder statue.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

@Assassin87 yes we do. It used to be gamestop.ca but now it's called Ebgames.ca
They only changed the website recently but the retail stores have always been EB Games

Henmii

Henmii said:

Poor kiddies! Just when you started your massive Kid Icarus uprising collection, you also have to collect Kingdom hearts cards! As for me: If I buy the game I will enjoy the free cards. But I won't start collecting them. I spend my money on games (not merchandise) most of the time!

But do whatever feels right!