Resident Evil Revelations Scares Its Way to Top of Japanese Charts

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

3DS also continues its dominance

Although its only just arrived in North America, Resident Evil Revelations is now in the Japanese and European charts for a second week. While it has taken a hit in the UK charts, it's enjoyed an improved position in the Land of the Rising Sun.

According to the latest Media Create results, and as reported by Andriasang, Capcom's latest horror-fest has moved up to number one in the Japanese software charts, comfortably out-selling its nearest rivals. Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3 G and Super Mario 3D Land retain places in the top 10, with Mario's latest karting exploits almost achieving 1.5 million sales.

In the hardware chart 3DS is still in charge, with its sales of 75,018 being higher than the combined total for all other listed consoles.

[via andriasang.com]

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Good! 3DS is finally on top where it belongs! Looks like history has repeated itself with the whole DSvsPSP/3DSvsVita thing. Everyone counted 3DS out just as they did with DS and here we are again in the same situation except 3DS is actually selling BETTER than DS did at this stage. Silly people, when will you learn :P

Hokori

Hokori said:

and when a FF, DQ, MGS, Pokemon, or KH game comes out 3DS sales will skyrocket

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

I won't be able to get Resident Evil just yet :( I should have this and Tekken by the end of the month. Glad to see the 3DS do well.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

Sick! Planning on buying this with the circle pad pro as soon as I get more money. RE for life.

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

I think it's safe to say that the vita Is dead in japan. We just have to wait til the 22nd to see if it's selling around the world and if it doesn't, then we can deem it as a failure. I'm not hating on the vita, I actually plan to get one, but I will wait to see how this plays out. I know there will be sales for the vita because fanboys will buy it when it comes out, but will that be enough? If the vita makes it to Christmas then I'm betting there will be a bundle with a 8gb memory card and a game included to try and boost sales.

evTaylor

evTaylor said:

they have a 3g vita bundle for 300 and it includes a 8gb card a psn game and a months worth of 3g. I plan on getting it just to play dissidia on it. 3DS with circle pad is great with re revelaitons. lol im happy i drove an hour to get them both.

crazyj2312

crazyj2312 said:

Loving Revelations. Scary, but cheesy enough to get a good chuckle between blood splatters. I can only hope the strong software keeps up; I don't want a repeat of last year's drought.

GC-161

GC-161 said:

"3DS with circle pad is great with re revelaitons"
^^^^^

It is indeed. But still works great without it too.

In fact, without the plastic add-on, the game plays exactly like the old Resident Evil games. With the CCP however, it plays like a modern Third Person Shooter where you run-n-gun at the same time.

So it's great that Revelations gives people that option to fit every need.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

That's great! I plan on getting this game as soon as I can get money to buy a 3DS and some games as well.

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

This is great news. I'm loving this game and it deserves to be a hit. Bravo Capcom, keep the great games coming!