Mario Tennis Open for North America on 20th May

Posted by James Newton

Tightly packed

Mario Tennis Open's global release dates are in, and it's a tight grouping.

North America gets the game first on 20th May, before Japan on 24th May and Europe on 25th May.

Camelot's first online game in the series includes head-to-head multiplayer with skill-based matchmaking. Nintendo has also revealed you'll also be able to pick up medals from defeated players, check out your standings in monthly leaderboards and more.

Will you be taking a shot on Mario Tennis Open for 3DS?

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

Cannot wait to get this!

Mario Tennis is my favorite Mario sports title. Hopefully there is an RPG mode. If not, oh well. It's not stopping me from getting it :D

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Alright!!! So glad it's coming fairly soon, and with online functions!!! Now if I could just get some friends with a 3DS to play with... :p
Really looking forward to playing this and attempting to kick some butt with Yoshi

Megajack

Megajack said:

ill get this depending on the price. my guess is it will be 40 dollars like most mario and 3ds games. if so im not getting it new. ill probaly get a used one later. but you never know. my birthday is may 22. only two days ahead of the realease date so somone may get this game for me since i love tennis.

Emaan

Emaan said:

Yes! So excited for this game! I was surprised too, when it was announced back when 3DS was first starting I didn't think we would see it so soon (:

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I'm surprised and happy to see it coming out sooner this year than I expected, and with us getting it four days before Japan. Nintendo and Camelot will definitely have made another good Mario sports game, and it's sweeter now that it has online and customizable Miis.

Noire

Noire said:

RPG mode would make it even more of a must-buy ... I can only imagine what it would be like to get the full Mario Tennis experience without having to buy both the console and handheld version. Either way I still want it day one. I freaking love Mario Tennis. o___o

Poncho

Poncho said:

Medals from beaten opponents?! Is this a foreshadowing of things to come? Medals for 3DS and Wii U, like achievements? I hope so.

AutumnShantel

AutumnShantel said:

Just maybe! The only sport game I've tried (besides Mario Kart, but I think racing is a way of life, not a sport lol) was Mario Golf, and loved it. Since this is a Camelot game, if I have the money I may even reserve it.