We've Plucked the First Footage of New 3DS Harvest Moon

Posted by James Newton

Land a panda

Three weeks ago Marvelous AQL announced a new Harvest Moon on 3DS, and now we have the first in-game footage from upcoming agricultural adventure Bokujou Monogatari: Hajimari no Daichi, or Harvest Moon: First Earth.

As you can see it's business as usual in Harvest Moon world, with chickens to fuss over, fields to till and giant pandas to ride. It may look different with the 3D effect on, but to our experienced farmers' eyes the fields look particularly enormous, and that panda doesn't appear to be moving too smoothly. Still, the game's not out until next year, giving Marvelous AQL plenty of time to work its green-fingered magic.

[via andriasang.com]

Dyl_73

Dyl_73 said:

Looks OK. I've loved the HM games but I think they need to add something very fresh to make me want to buy anymore. I seem to be saying that about quite a few games lately. Either I'm just not as interested in games anymore, or games companies are getting lazier.

Oh, and the panda looks rubbish, although I'm sure they'll change that.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

Yeah, the panda looks like a mechanical animal. Like James said, the most encouraging thing is the apparently large area for farming, though I prefer open areas rather than pre-cut areas.

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

I can't wait 'til this is released! Looks awesome. Oh man, I so need to buy a 3DS.

Kriedler

Kriedler said:

@Dyl_Doe They did in the vein of RPG dungeon raiding, haha. I'm sad to say we may see a few more iterations of the classic Harvest Moon before we see anything spectacularly new :P

James

James said:

I love all Harvest Moon games and naturally I'm very excited about this, even if I won't get it until 2013 :(

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

Sooooo will we be controlling some kind of elf or are the plants just that big?

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I too am like you James. I have played almost every HM game since the first on on SNES and I cant wait for this installment.

FluffyNinja

FluffyNinja said:

It's kinda of hard for me to get back into Harvest Moon ever since I've started playing the Rune Factory games. :(

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

...Eh, doesn't seem like my kind of game.... :/
Probably gonna go with Rune Factory...

Tryken

Tryken said:

Harvest Moon is one of those games that sounds so boring and dull when you describe it, but one you can't set down once you play.

This will be a purchase for me, more likely than not, as I've bought almost every Harvest Moon games (including Rune Factory) that's come out.

Well, except for Frantic Farming and DS Cute.