Europe, Your Next Original 3DS eShop Game Launches on 20th October

Posted by Zach Kaplan

Visit Pyramids before the end of the month

It's been slim pickings as far as 3DS eShop games go, and that counts double for non-3D Classics. That's set to change on 20th October with Pyramids, a puzzler-platformer from Enjoy Gaming and Visual Impact. The publisher has also informed us that it's set to retail for €4, or about £3.60. The game is scheduled for release in North America as well, but Nintendo has yet to announce the price and release date.

You can read more about the upcoming title in our Pyramids interview. Are you looking forward to expanding your eShop library?

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

I presume it will cost 3.60 in th UK, since the eshop here goes up in incriments of 90p. Anyway, that sounds like a fantastic price, at least for an eshop game!

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

like the look of this its 3d and thats a cheap price.had £4.50 left but got the dragon quest mini game thing should of saved it for this.will get asap though

siavm

siavm said:

Nintendo is really not trying this year. I have not downloaded one thing besides the free games they offered this year. Hopefully they really step up the game next year, if not retail and the wii u will be the only saving graces it has.

Oregano

Oregano said:

Nice. It's cheap enough to be an impulse purchase so I will pick it up!

and C-Olimar is right, the exchange rate is: 90p:$1:€1.

Hopefully it makes up for the crappy week this week.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

@1 I feel the same way. It's one of the few 3DSWare titles being released, but to be honest it looks like a boring DSiWare title. I wouldn't buy it then, and I probably wont buy it just because it has some 3D stuck on it and is one of few games out there. Gameplay looks amazingly simple, repetitive and just stale.

Many people didn't like Lets Golf 2, but at least it has impressive well used 3D effects. This Game looks like it could be made in a week its that simple :/

Shworange

Shworange said:

I may be in the minority here, but I'm really tired of new spins on the same old puzzle games. In the interview they even admitted that the 3D doesnt really add anything to the game. I'll wait for final review, perhaps I'll be wrong but first impressions thus far really don't captivate me.

GreenAbobo

GreenAbobo said:

I love this sort of game, so it's looking like a day 1 purchase for me. Hopefully a US release is not far behind.

DF2506

DF2506 said:

Looks pretty good to me. Plus I really like that its using the QR codes for new levels. I think it'll probably be worth it alone for that! New levels every once and awhile. And free too. Should be fun. Wonder when its coming to America. Hopefully the same day as Europe. lol.

Tryken

Tryken said:

I have a feeling if the retail console sales succeeds well this holiday season, you're going to see digital titles suddenly take an upturn in early to mid 2012.

BenAV

BenAV said:

I'll probably end up buying this just because I've been waiting so long for some new 3DSWare to spend my money on.
Hope it turns out to be fun.

Bankai

Bankai said:

Well, it can't be worse than Let's Golf. That's something.

But really, Nintendo needs to do a whole lot better job in getting people making real game's involved in eShop. The publishers right now would rather make retail games (for good reason), but compared to wha you can download on PSN or Xbox 360, or iPad.... This is like a Mini/ indie game/ $0.99 game to those services.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

Having watched the trailer for Pyramids on the E-Shop, it looks like it's a Solomon's Key clone. Which may be a good thing, if they've pulled it off. Solomon's Key was awesome. I'll definitely cosinder this, but I'm gonna wait for the Nintendolife review first.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Yeah, seen the trailer on the eShop as well. Will need a revw I think. Odd choice for a 3D download game as opposed to a dsiware or wiiware one

zionich

zionich said:

Just waiting for Heroes of Ruin and , Capcom be willing, Monster Hunter Tri G. Anything past those is just for somthing to play.

Collz

Collz said:

This game is just a rehash of Solomons Key. having said that, I will probably get it anyway.