Blue Wii Heads Down Under with Donkey Kong In Tow

Posted by James Newton

Hide the bananas

The reconfigured Wii console continues to spread its roots around the world, with Australia due to receive the blue machine on 3rd November.

Whereas Europe gets the new colour with Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, the Australian bundle comes with Donkey Kong Country Returns instead, and all for $198 AUS.

It's exclusive to EB Games, so head online or to your local store for a blue Wii.

[via vooks.net]

SnowmanGER

SnowmanGER said:

Mmh actually I donĀ“t like the colour. Dark blue would be well but light blue alias baby blue? No way.

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

I've got DKCR, but now I need a Blue Wii remote before I play it, seems like the perfect match. :p Then again, who am i kidding. A Yellow Banana colored Wii remote would make the most sense here.lol

Anyways, i definitly favor this light baby-like shade of skyish blue over a dark blue like what's seen on the N64 Blue controller or the Dual Shock 3 blue controller....Not my cup of tea.

Hejiru

Hejiru said:

No Gamecube compatibility, though. So it's still a broken Wii they're trying to sell for full price if you ask me.

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

i dont think compatiblity taken out warrants a price deduction of a old system were talking 10 years ago at the most

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

What does Blue have to do with Donkey Kong? Maybe he's gotten into blueberries instead.

Infernapeking

Infernapeking said:

Wii and 3DS sales are gonna BLAST BLAST and EXPLODE during Christmas. Nintendo is playing it smart to gather Bundles and Games and Low Prices for the Holiday. Wii sales may go up from 88-92 million and 3DS 4-7 million.

Pj1

Pj1 said:

@Henmii you beat me to it!

This feels a little going back to the 90's when had different in-pack games for the SNES, even Donkey Kong country got bundled with a snes! the Sonic bundles is different, back in the day Nintendo and Sega fought a war (not literally) when it came to selling consoles. I'm hoping for another red wii release but with Super Mario All stars but a small selling catch.... it includes Super Mario World. I think these new Wii bundles are a little too late if you ask me but they got to do some thing whilst we wait for Wii-U.......

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Oh Whoopie... I've had a blue Wii since 2007 (case mod). Mine is also transparent, and it even lights up with blue LEDs.