Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy Trailer Takes Flight

Posted by James Newton

Plane sailing

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy might read like a decent (if short) game of Scrabble, it's actually the name of Namco Bandai's upcoming aerial dogfighter, and it looks a lot like this.

Containing such fantastic dialogue as "a coup on the day of the treaty signing?!", the trailer does show off some of the game's rather impressive graphics, which we imagine will look even better on the 3D screen.

Ace Combat's out on 3DS in November.

Kreegs07

Kreegs07 said:

Graphics look pretty good. I also enjoy flying games. I will be waiting for the review of this to see if it is worth checking out.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Day #1! "Scarface Squadron", now there's a name I haven't heard in a while. It's also back to the fictional universe from the pre-Assault Horizon real world settings. November can't come fast enough.

crazyj2312

crazyj2312 said:

It looks a bit more interesting than Starfox...if it has online multiplayer, I'm sold.

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

@omarzuqo: We all want Rogue Squadron 4, but Factor 5 closed down.

This game looks pretty cool, but the other Ace Combat games I played were slow and boring. Hope this one is better.

Jono97

Jono97 said:

This looks awesome. If it has a big variety of things in the game, i'l definitely will be looking forward to this game. P.S. Its already 28/09/11 and the Zelda 4 swords isn't in the e shop yet :(

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

It looks great. I don't think I've ever seen a video game in a realistic, modern setting but in a fictional universe before.

timp29

timp29 said:

I wonder how good the 3d will be considering most of those backgrounds will probably appear at the same depth.

taffy

taffy said:

@TheDarkness: Factor 5 San Fransisco shut down but the one in Germany is still going. As far as I'm aware this is some legal battle between former employees of Factor 5 and the owners over there. Still, would love to see them do a new version of the Wii U and Lucas Arts could always out source to another developer like Crytek

AVahne

AVahne said:

Graphic-wise, not very impressive. Star Fox 64 3D looked much better.
Other than that, it looks pretty fun. Better have online or it won't be worth it. I can just get Ace Combat Assault Horizon on PS3.

EDIT: On second thought, playing the Assault Horizon demo really rekindled my love for flight shooters, I'll get this regardless of what modes are in it.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Do . want !
I mean this is one of the games that could give the 3DS a bit more diversity in action games. Or at least bring these games to a more refined level than was possible on the DS.

GARF13LD

GARF13LD said:

Never played an Ace Combat game before, this could be my first purchase of one, I am hoping it scores well as I am very impressed by this trailer and I love Starfox and enjoyed games like Blazing Angels and Sky Crawlers on the Wii.