New Driver Renegade 3D Episode Pulls Up

Posted by James Newton

Take it for a spin

It's been a while since we heard about Driver Renegade 3D, but Ubisoft is stepping up its game with a series of animated shorts depicting hero Tanner driving around, taking down bad guys and delivering cheesy one-liners.

The first episode made waves in the 3DS eShop, particularly for some of the more adult language used, and the second episode (embedded below) is no exception, so you have been warned.

Swearing aside, there's clunky dialogue, a tart-with-a-heart and other notable action film clichés. See how many you can spot.

Rocketship

Rocketship said:

Good to something being developed for the 3DS, the lack of games really needs addressed.

Samholy

Samholy said:

hey i didnt even see the first one in the eshop ?!
i say it lacked of advertising ! and its not like i didnt roam around the eshop, i did, and a lot.
why dont they just use the nintendo video application anyway.
game companies should have their own room for their advertising.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

who cares for story in a driver game?
give us a demo not some lame storytelling

McGruber

McGruber said:

I might just get this. I mean I need something to play...STEP IT UP NINTENDO

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

hope the next episode has some gameplay i can watch the comicstrip when ive got the game should be good fun hopefully

GARF13LD

GARF13LD said:

I want to believe this will be good, but after Driver 1 I wasn't too keen on the follow-ups, and then GTA went 3D and Driver kind of just got left behind (no pun intended).

I will keep an eye out though but with all the games coming up I am not sure, maybe when it gets a price reduction I will pick it up.

Azikira

Azikira said:

I really hope there is some sort of free-roaming, and the ability to get out of your cars, like in GTA. Then I would definately buy this day 1.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

I am completely uninterested. All it is telling is some kind of story I am not into.

Ron_DelVillanoAdmin

Ron_DelVillano said:

If the dialogue and plots in the game are anything like they are in these videos, then I'll buy two copies!

gazamataz

gazamataz said:

i agree.it is really funny.these cut scenes between missions are all the incentive i need.i'm buying it.

NeoShinobi

NeoShinobi said:

lol, now that was entertaining, I think I'll keep an eye out for this game.
I really liked the first two Driver games on the Playstation.