Nintendo Announces Picture Lives! for 3DS eShop

Posted by James Newton

It's! Exciting!

Picture Lives! is like the attic-dwelling child of Scribblenauts and Spore, a strange combination of monster creator, animation tool and the rejects of Monsters Inc..

The downloadable title — Nintendo is still yet to use the term 3DSWare, though we'll be using it — will find its way to the 3DS eShop later this year.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Ummmmm......alrighty......I'm not really sure what to think of this. Though it is creative, i'll give it that!

Birdman

Birdman said:

There better be pre-made characters and a low (like, free) pricetime to warrant my interest in this one.

Skotski

Skotski said:

That felt like Spore, LBP, and Katamari mixed together........... wtf?

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

Nothing I can really say about this.. I don't quite understand it very well but okay haha. It does look creative.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Very strange! Gives me a Nobi Nobi boy/Katamari damacy vibe. Who knows, maybe this will be good.

siavm

siavm said:

WTF is definitely granted here. What was that? And why do I want to play it.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Yeah, but a lot more crazy and therefore maybe more fun! I wasn't a fan of Drawn to life.

Teh-Ray

Teh-Ray said:

Ah good, I was wondering if I was the only one who was thinking "Drawn to Life". Apparently not.

Too bad no drawing is to be seen, I'd love to put my artistic skills to the test again! There was always a charm going through the game as a character you drew, it would have been nice to do that again with a bit more refinement to the formula.

Oh well, we'll see what happens!

Protospasm

Protospasm said:

This looks like a crudely drawn 2D version of Graffiti Kingdom... although I'm still holding my breath for a Magic Pengel on the 3DS.

K964

K964 said:

I'm getting it for sure. I like it when Nintendo makes new IP's just as much as I love squeals.

Dizzard

Dizzard said:

I'm getting a Spore + Animal Crossing vibe from it...

I hope you can trade creations over wifi too. bah at streetpass.