Nintendo 3DS Playable at Vans Warped Tour '11

Posted by Trevor Chan

Music, sports and video games

The Vans Warped Tour '11 has already kicked off and attendees won't only be enjoying the live music and sports as Nintendo has something of its own that people will be able to experience too.

As a sponsor of the music and extreme sports festival, Nintendo will have its own interactive demo areas on-site. If in need of a break from live acts like Pepper, Less Than Jake, and Asking Alexandria, then there probably won't be a better time to give the Nintendo 3DS tents a visit.

Games that will be playable include The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Super Monkey Ball 3D, Madden NFL Football, Ridge Racer 3D and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.

3DS features like the Augmented Reality games can be tried out with oversized AR cards or temporary AR tattoos if you'd prefer. Attendees can also check out the in-built 3D camera, create their own Mii characters and those who bring their own 3DS consoles can take advantage of the StreetPass opportunities with other festival goers.

The tour comes to an end on the 14th August so for more information like dates and bands, please visit the Vans Warped Tour website.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

I cannot wait to go to Warped Tour this year! So many great bands. In fact yesterday I was just reading off the band list. The Nintendo 3DS Stage will definitely be a visit for me, haha. Anyone else going?

Lan

Lan said:

none of these bands interest me. plus i don't really like the skater/stoner/emo kids. the 3ds would be the only draw for me

geek-master

geek-master said:

@3 i totally agree with you. i hate hanging out with people who make you feel like trash. one kid at a skate park stole both pegs from my BMX bike. and believe me i was pissed. and one of the reasons i dont go to skate parks anymore. but yeah the city of modesto is really weirder than weird and i am glad i don't live there anymore.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I go watch some extremely-crappy bands just to play a system I can find playable at every GameStop?
No thanks.

Ziondood

Ziondood said:

@Dragoon: Actually a lot of the bands at Warped are way better and more talented than most bands you hear on the radio! It takes a lot to be on tour for a month and a half straight so I give uhm props! Just because you don't like the style doesn't mean their music crap.
Also to correct you not all Gamestops have 3DS demo units set up in their stores.

thereefernander

thereefernander said:

If ur going to the Detroit show, a badass band from around here called Sin Theorem is going to be there. Watch out for them.

Samholy

Samholy said:

ridiculous. who would bring a 275$ 3DS to the va warp tour ?
to risk to break every freaking second in the crowd ? if its not broken, it will be stolen anyway.
yeah right

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

It's been years since I went to a Warped Tour. I'd definitely check it out if I were going this year. It would be cooler if they had the Wii U though.

Woots

Woots said:

wow, @samholy, did you read the effin' article? there'll be pods there for people to try it out on. read the damn story.

also, RELIENT K!!!!!!