Zelda Music Project Raises $19,000 for Twilight Princess Album

Posted by James Newton

More than a few rupees

Last year saw the release of Zelda Reorchestrated's Ocarina of Time album, and now the pioneering group has moved onto the most recent home console Link adventure: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

The project has so far raised over $19,000, which will be used to record the game's soundtrack with a live Hollywood-calibre choir. The Zelda Reorchestrated page explains some of the technical side, but considering some of the staff involved have worked on the Lord of the Rings trilogy, X-Men and Glee, among others, it should result in a delicious piece of audio candy.

[via zreomusic.com]

Related Games

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I actually really, really liked the music in Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and - well - this just sounds absolutely epic :-O

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

The only song in TP I really liked was when Midna was sick. Granted, I really liked it and would love to hear what they do with it, but the rest sounded kind of pedestrian to me. (It also featured the unrivalled worst Kakariko theme.)

Still, I'd be kind of curious to hear how this sounds.

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

I love ZREO's work. I have their reorchestrated albums (along with the originals) of OOT, PH, and ST on the SD card in my DSi, and I absolutely love them (especially Byrne's song from ST)!

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

Oh this is wonderful. I loved their orchestration of Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess is another game that truly deserves the full orchestra treatment.

Yay :D

Dodger

Dodger said:

I love ZREO and have some of their OoT and Wind Waker stuff on my DSi. I don't have Twilight Princess but the music I've heard isn't my favorite. I turned most of the Brawl TP music all the way down except Midna's Lament.

But I'm still really happy for them. That's pretty cool.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

I haven't heard of ZREO til today. DL'ing the OoT soundtrack right now, and seeing that Twilight Princess had the best Zelda soundtrack to date imo, I'm sure this will be nothing short of EPIC! :D

RYBlast

RYBlast said:

How come I've never head of ZREO before? I just listened to their version of Kokiri Forest and I'm enjoying every bit of it.