European DSi XL Palette Gets Three More Splashes of Colour

Posted by Trevor Chan

Yellow, green and blue, to be more specific

With Japan already enjoying its array of bright additions, Australia set to launch its own similar colours and North America receiving its Midnight Blue model, Europeans might be justified in feeling a little left out with the current available DSi XL colours.

Not for long, as Nintendo has announced that it is to launch the DSi XL in green, blue and yellow in Europe from 8th October onwards. As always, the system will come loaded with two DSiWare titles: A Little Bit of...Dr Kawashima's Brain Training: Arts Edition and Dictionary 6-in-1 with Camera Function.

As of June, the Nintendo DSi XL has sold an estimated 3.6 million units worldwide, and with its 93% larger screens compared to its little brother, the DSi Lite, we're not surprised so many have snapped it up. If you haven't taken the plunge, these new colours might be enough to entice you. Or, you can wait until the 3DS, we suppose.

armoredghor

armoredghor said:

I hope they're not trying to compensate XL sales by adding colors. That's just a waste of production.

TrevorTheChan

TrevorTheChan said:

They do look like Lego bricks to be honest. I much prefer the darker shades. Still, I'm sure they'll appeal to a lot of gamers.

Cipher

Cipher said:

I love the blue one. I won't be getting one, since I'm saving up for a 3DS, but man, it's pretty.

Victoria

Victoria said:

Those colours are ... well .... kinda yucky! I've been holding off getting one, waiting for something better than the original colours, but these aren't that great.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Great for really little kids. Bigger pen is easier to hold than a stylus, and they really do look like legos.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

Wow, didn't really expect Europe to get something that's generally a Japanese exclusive. I mean seriously, the US is NEVER getting these colors. Not since the GBC has there been a portable bright yellow and green system from Nintendo in the States. No, these colors are "too weird" for American audiences, just like that orange GBA system we never got or that orange gamecube system we never got and games like Ufouria, Do Re Mi Fantasy, and Bio Miracle Bokkutte Upa were originally too weird for us to be sold to as well. No, stick with the dull basic black, burgendy, and white and throw in blue and pink for the "girly" gamers. I don't know about you, but I'd like to have more variety in system color, instead of so much black, like that bright red DSI thats Japan only and won't come out here (it would be the only reason to motivate me to get a DSI). It sucks NOA determines what the consumer likes, but capitalism works I guess.