Link and Ganondorf Combine to Win World Cosplay Championship

Posted by James Newton

Not sure where this fits in the Zelda timeline, though

We love people who dress up as Nintendo characters, and we love them even more when they get up on stage in Japan to have a pretend fight in the final of the World Cosplay Championships. Our love for this video cannot be put into words.

Taking place in Nagoya, the Italian team of Link, Luca Buzzi, and Ganondorf, Giancarlo Di Pierro, took home the crown – or gauntlet, or whatever symbolic item is given away at a cosplay championship – with their stupendous rendition of the final battle from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Check out the shaky footage below. The best bit is when Link's hat falls off.

[via jyadoo.s60.xrea.com]

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

These guys take their roles way to seriously and they are getting nothing out of it.For Example they couldn't get a real girl to portray Zelda.

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

Haha cardboard cutout Zelda. That was just awkward overall, though. Cosplay just freaks me out 99% of the time. And what, no side-jump-to-roll? That was IDEAL in this fight!

greenellow

greenellow said:

they should have totally done the zelda dance instead

ExploderReviews

ExploderReviews said:

The actual ending to Loz Twilight Princess was the best ending I ever saw in a game. But I dont remember Ganon knocking my sword and shield out of my hand, almost choking me, then leaving. I also dont remember the bow of light being in a treasure chest in the middle of a field. Lol.

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

Let's see, I love Zelda, I wonder what I could see that would make me not want to play one? **Watches the video in greenellow's comment, drops dead**

Punny

Punny said:

The costumes were great! Now if only there was someone dressed as Midna from the end of the game (that would be SMOKIN'!!!).

Alias

Alias said:

Cool. The costumes were top-notch, but Zelda seemed to be a little too stiff for the time at hand.

GumbyX84

GumbyX84 said:

That was really well done. The costumes alone are amazing. The skit they put on just puts it over the top.

@SilverBlacktail Leave the awsome JPN LttP comercial alone! That is the awsomeness of the 90s right there!!

Amorous_Badger

Amorous_Badger said:

I can't help but think that winning the World Cosplay Title is a bit like winning a medal in the Special Olympics.

Yes, you've won a medal, but you're still a cripple.

• climbs back under bridge *