Iwata Asks for Super Mario Galaxy 2 Reveals Many, Many Informative Nuggets

Posted by James Newton

Too many for this tagline to contain

Always informative and surprising, the Iwata Asks series of articles is a treasure trove of Nintendo experience and and information, so you won't be surprised to hear that the latest article, covering Super Mario Galaxy 2, is chock-full of interesting facts.

Yoshi was originally planned for the first Super Mario Galaxy but was removed, as the team felt it would be too much for players. His inclusion in Galaxy 2 was one of the first things the team decided upon, and settled on his tongue-tugging action as one of the most important new gameplay features.

Far more ambitiously, the team also wanted to include switches that would drastically alter the appearance of the game's worlds, but this feature had to be removed as it proved extremely difficult to implement.

There are plenty more tasty crumbs of information in the article's first rough translation, and no doubt more will come when it's officially translated into English soon.

[via andriasang.com]

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

@CharlieRod If all else fails, sell your kidneys. It will be worth it, I promise. Luckily, my kidneys are intact, I traded in certain games and got SMG2 pre-ordered for just 10 bucks at Gamestop.

irken004

irken004 said:

Official translation plz :D After seeing a certain video that blew my mind yesterday, I'm eager to learn more.

JebbyDeringer

JebbyDeringer said:

Hmm I think I'll finish off Galaxy 1 first. I completed it a little while ago but not 100% yet. If I start into Galaxy 2 I probably won't want to go back.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

Ill maybe grab this down the road, I just wasnt too thrilled with Galaxy myself. MH Tri has me under wraps for now.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

That switch thing sounds really cool...shame that they couldn't figure out a way to implement it at least on a level or two.

So excited for this game!

odd69

odd69 said:

I won't get this at launch, but i do plan on buying it. I have to catch up on VC/Wiiware first.