Endless Ocean 2 Comes Up For Air in February

Posted by James Newton

Europeans get to dive again on February 5th

You won't have to hold your breath too much longer for Nintendo's next dive 'em up, as Nintendo announce the game will see a release across Europe on February 5th, 2010. Promising new features over the acclaimed original, including Wii Speak support and a new Pulsar gun that sounds like it was made for multiplayer deathmatches, Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep should offer more of the same soothing oceanic investigation. Here's the press release:

Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep offers six new ocean locations to explore. Plunge into the icy Arctic waters or explore the sunken wrecks in the Aegean Sea and, for the first time, venture into rivers such as the mysterious Brazilian Amazon to discover a vast array of freshwater wildlife. You can even step ashore onto dry land to encounter birds and other non-aquatic wildlife.

Your diving missions will include helping maintain coral reefs, riding on dolphins and swimming with humpback whales. You will be equipped with new tools to aid in your encounters. The Pulsar gun will be required to repel any unexpected encounters with predators of the deep, but will also allow you to heal any sick creatures you may discover on your quest.

As well as enjoying the mesmeric and relaxing underwater scenery, you can locate precious artefacts using your Treasure Detector, act as a diving escort and take photographs for nature magazines - building your diving skills and opening up new challenges as you go. As you explore, you can complete missions and solve mysteries before moving on to a new area.

The game offers single and multiplayer modes and via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection you can link to another player’s Wii and explore each other’s oceans and rivers. Using Wii Speak, you can share your encounters, marine missions and swim with your fellow explorers.

With its realistic and beautiful graphics, Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep offers a whole new world of discovery, and launches across Europe for Wii on 5 February 2010.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I wasn't too interested in the first one, but this sounds like it turns the whole experience up to 11. I'm too chicken to try real diving so this will be the next best thing!

Sabrewing

Sabrewing said:

American announcement soon, please! EO is still one of my favorite Wii experiences to this day. And I hope it contains more Hayley Westenra music. :3

TheKingOfTown

TheKingOfTown said:

@ 2.
It already announced for America. It's Feb. 22 I believe. And it is called Endless Ocean 2 Blue World in America.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

The first game was great but with better online and Wii speak options this game is shaping up to be much better.

ejamer

ejamer said:

There are a lot of big games coming in 2010, but right now this is the one I'm most looking forward to.

Mr_G

Mr_G said:

I cannot wait for this, the 1st game is still one of my fav games on the wii and this looks like its been improved so much. and for only $30, woo hoo

Shmavey

Shmavey said:

I had some interest in the first one but never picked it up, and this might be my chance to redeem myself. but I'm waiting for the review first.

Chatham

Chatham said:

If the Japanese version is any indication. This game will definitely be worth the $.

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

I liked the first one a lot. It's one of those games you just put in and say "meh, this is pretty good" and before you know it two hours have gone by. If I had money this would be an insta-buy, but I'm still waiting for NMH2.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Great news. The Jap import got a 84% from N-Gamer (85% is gold award ball park for them).

I won't be getting it straight away though.

The environments are very big and there are a larger variety of sea life. Undersea mansion or temple too. Visuals are very, very good as well.

JakobG

JakobG said:

That looks neat.
I heard the last one lacks of musical possibilities, I hope they'll fix that.

plasticcoated

plasticcoated said:

Cant bloomin' wait for this... the first one was a sleeper hit with me and is in my top ten Wii games.

Betagam7

Betagam7 said:

"a new Pulsar gun that sounds like it was made for multiplayer deathmatches"

Clearly someone doesn't understand the point in the Endless Ocean/Forever Blue games.

The day the game includes "deathmatches" of any kind is the day my interest in the franchise dies.