myNotebook Huge Hit on DSiWare Service

Posted by Corbie Dillard

It seems Nnooo has quite a hit on their hands.

Nnooo has just announced that their myNotebook Blue DSiWare application has reached #3 on the US, UK, AU, and CA DSiWare charts, which makes it the top-ranked non-free release on the service.

You can check out the official press release below for more information on the title, along with the release dates of the two forthcoming color variations of the application as well.

"We are so pleased that the consumer reception to myNotebook has been so high." said Nic Watt, Creative Director, Nnooo "The myLifeCollected range of software was always a risky proposition and to see that we are creating something which appeals so strongly to Nintendo DSi users is a great achievement."

There are two other versions of myNotebook launching on the following dates for 200 Nintendo DSi Points™:

myNotebook: Red™ launches Friday 4th December in Europe, Australia and New Zealand and Monday 7th December in the Americas.

myNotebook: Green™ launches Friday 18th December in Europe, Australia and New Zealand and Monday 21st December in the Americas.

myNotebook: Blue, Red and Green are the first releases in Nnooo's new myLifeCollected range. A range of lifestyle applications for the Nintendo DSi™.

"myNotebook is an application designed to allow users to quickly and easily take notes, doodle, makes lists or even play traditional pen and paper games." said Nic Watt.

"With the option to change each page to be lined or squared paper as well as change the paper style we think Nintendo DSi owners will have plenty of ways to customize and utilize their notebooks."

Each myNotebook comes with 32 pages which can individually be toggled to lined or squared paper as well as an outside and two inside covers that can be personalized. Additionally there are nine lined and nine squared paper types to be unlocked through; frequent use, owning other colours of myNotebook and as a special reward owners of Pop+ Solo get an exclusive lined and squared paper type to use.

For those of you out there who haven't yet picked up myNotebook, you can check out our full review of the application to see if it's a title you'll want to add to your DSiWare collection.

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

/cue a thousand companies following suit with much worse, less useful apps as any chances of decent game-based DSiWare at the 200 point price disspipate

Bobpie

Bobpie said:

Well done guys! I found myNotebook extremely useful, and a great program to muck around on. I wonder what comes after myNotebook?

Feld0

Feld0 said:

@Bobpie
We're probably gonna get myCalendar or something next. If it's a calendar program, I'd love to see it integrated with the DSi's system software so that it would "ring" or something when you've got a reminder coming up, and would show upcoming events on the top screen or something.

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

I am not surprised, this is a great app and I just had to dl it. Use it all the time! Great job, Nnooo!

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Not too surprised, I expected a simple, competent app like this to be a big download success. I bought it, and I'm sure even more will buy this and whatever else they decide to add to the mylifeconnected line when the dsi LL comes out. Good work. :)

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

I'm downloading it so that I can jot down (without turning a light on) the basic outlines of those weird dreams that I keep waking from and then forgetting in the morning.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Crap, that'll just encourage them.

At least here in Germany they're still behind Army Defender and Uno.

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

Still NOT going to download it. SD(HC) support or no-go for me. (SD Card can be accessed from DSiWare, see FlipNote Studio)

It's like MS Word on a chip and no way to save your documents except on that chip. Useless.

CH405K1N6

CH405K1N6 said:

"Nnooo are pleased to announce that myNotebook: Blue™ has reached #3 in the US, UK, AU and CA DSiWare charts (making it currently the highest ranking paid for piece of software)."

California has a chart all on its own? :O jk

But seriously, I don't know what CA stands for. :P

rafaelluik

rafaelluik said:

"owners of Pop+ Solo get an exclusive lined and squared paper type to use" - do they detect Pop+ Solo is downloaded in our system? Fantastic! O.O
I have Pop+ Solo but I don't think will be getting myNotebook since I use my cellphone to take notes..

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Okay, now that I'm not the only detractor... I think most of you know my issue with this app. I can't say I'm very happy about these sales.:|

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

LOL. At the end of the day (to all you naysayers) who cares what u think, I'm sure Nintendo are very happy with those sales and results, and its a wonderful 200 point download. Nintendo are finally getting it!!

HADAA

HADAA said:

@SanderEvers
Nnooo stated this a numerous times -- SD Card support is ONLY available in apps made by Nintendo (they're the boss, they own the programming codes). Nintendo does not allow other company's apps to access SD, so your suggestion can never be done. (other than Nintendo that is, but then again they already have flipnote).

I carry my pocket notebook and DSi in my waist pouch, but I sometimes forget to bring a pen. I'll get red when it's out :)

motang

motang said:

I bought mine yesterday, been busy and finally got around updating Dr. Mario Xpress and bought this one. It's pretty cool. :)

Nnooo

Nnooo said:

To all those wanting SD card support we cannot access the SD card directly at the moment and until Nintendo provide a way we can we cannot add that sort of functionality. Sorry

One thing we can do (and are doing in our next myLifeCollected app) is to save things as images to your Nintendo DSi Photo Album. We decided that doing this for myNotebook would be a bit cludgy and what would you do with the note as a photo anyway? So sorry to those who think SD Card support is a deal breaker.

For us jotting down simple notes and lists myNotebook is a great deal at 200 points :)