GameStop's Muramasa Pre-Order Bonus Is Simply Marvelous

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

It's a wall scroll. No, wait, it's cool.

The beautiful Muramasa: The Demon Blade is set for a North American release this fall. Huzzah! If you've been on the fence about making it a Day 1, maybe this little nugget'll help tip the scales.

Over in Japan, pre-order patrons could net themselves a pretty stellar five-foot scroll of character and stage art, which is up on the higher end of early adopter bonuses in our book. According to Joystiq, it looks like that scroll will be making it state-side via GameStop.

No word on whether or not the back of the GameStop scroll will feature the same stage art as its Japanese counterpart, or really any art on the back at all. Fingers are firmly crossed for that. The retailer also lists a Sept. 1 release date, which just so happens to be a Tuesday. Could this be the big day? Fingers in knots for that one.

[via nintendo.joystiq.com, gamestop.com]

Crazed

Crazed said:

I would pre-order the game just to get the poster (even though I want the game just as bad...)

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

Usually I don't care about art books for games, but a game like this screams for one. I'm pre-ordering for sure!

Miyabi273

Miyabi273 said:

So let me get this straight. If I were to go in and pre-order this ASAP I get a sweet wall scroll?

DreamWatcher

DreamWatcher said:

O_O Neeeeeed it!! Now I'm wishing I hadn't used that $40 from store credit for Wii Points. ><

Sabrewing

Sabrewing said:

I dunno if the none-too-subtle jab at The Conduit in the picture caption was called for; it's not like the "Collector's Edition" cost more to purchase. :

Machu

Machu said:

In keeping with the game, that looks really nice. I hope there's enough left over for UK.

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

I am interested in this game, but wasn't really planning on buying it at launch. I just pre-ordered the Metroid Prime Trilogy from Gamestop (so many bonuses!), and I think that will keep me occupied at the time. Also, I kind of agree with Mickeymac...I seem to always get excited about stuff like this, then a month later its in the trash.

Supermarioman

Supermarioman said:

I'll preoder this and Metroid Prime Trilogy when I get home from Vacation, I better start working to get some money, Muramasa comes out September 1rst and Metroid Prime Trilogy comes out August 24th, gah there are too many good games coming out!! :(