Bplus Bringing Vektor Tank to Wii

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Bplus turns their attention to Wii retail with their upcoming title Vektor Tank.

Having gotten their feet wet on Nintendo's WiiWare service with the releases of their Plättchen and Niki Rock 'n Ball titles, developer Bplus have now turned their focus towards Wii retail titles with the announcement of their forthcoming Wii game Vektor Tank.

Bplus has stated that the game was originally inspired by such classic 16-bit Super-FX titles as Star Fox, Vortex, and Stunt Race FX. Not much is currently known about the title, but you can take a look at the short teaser trailer below for a bit more insight into the game itself.

Bplus is currently shopping the game with various video game publishers, so hopefully it won't be too long before we see the game hit store shelves. It's definitely one to keep an eye on.

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

Looks pretty neat. I guess more people are hopping on the "classic-looking games are cool" bandwagon. I just hope they change the music from that crappy .mid file they have now.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

It looks interesting, although I was never that impressed with the Super FX stuff. I guess it was groundbreaking at the time, but now it just looks funny. :D

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Ergh, let's hope they learned how to make a game not suck... The music was definitely nerve grating.

SmaMan

SmaMan said:

I'm also wondering why they chose this to be a retail game. Unless it has a huge amount of depth to it, there's really no reason why this wouldn't be the perfect fit for WiiWare.

calculon

calculon said:

I hope it's better than the last two games. If the movie above shows what they're planning on I doubt it. Yuck.

Objection

Objection said:

So why exactly is this a retail game? The graphics are definitely only WW level.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

Everywhere else seems to say it is a WiiWare title. Still I wonder if it'll be the Bplus we know in the sense you'll either like the games or absolutely hate them.

gameking23

gameking23 said:

Well this game should be better if they keep at the rate they are with improving their games.

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

Objection: Well, the flat color polygon look seems intentional, it's not due to tech limits but then again I don't think they'll have much success with finding a publisher with a game like that.

Ren

Ren said:

Looks like it could be neat to me, but doesn't really show anything. I'd DL it, but retail? No way.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

The trailer is definitely interesting and I don't get all the hate for the music.

I haven't been interested in Bplus' last two outings, but I'm always willing to give a developer the benefit of the doubt, so let's see some more video of it!

Kirk

Kirk said:

That looks like a crappy student animation from art college and I should know because I was an animation student at art college.

I have no idea what the final game will be like but that has not made me interested at all.

Ricardo91

Ricardo91 said:

I realize that the the whole "neo-retro" thing is hip right now, but this is ridiculous. lol

I can't believe this game is gonna be sold at retail. It's gonna wind up as a $10 bargain bin title for sure.