Ghostfire Games Developer Video - Helix

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Ed Roman, CEO of Ghostfire Games and producer for their upcoming WiiWare title Helix, has just released a new developer interview video in which he answers many of the common questions that are being asked about Helix. You might remember that we did an interview with Ed last month about the game and this video is more of an extension of that.

In the video, Ed explains exactly how the game plays as well as goes into some detail about various other aspects of the game, such as the music and the technology that went into creating and animating the robot that's used in the game. This is a terrific resource for those who are still a little confused on how the game will play.

We'll keep you posted on any further developments with Helix, which should be hitting the WiiWare service in the not-so-distant future.

Virus

Virus said:

That calibration idea is utter genius. These developer videos are just as brilliant and if all the other smaller companies will take note of anything, they'll know to make these kind of videos and send them everywhere to promote their product. I'm actually interested in this game now. I still have some worries and I'll definitely wait for some reviews, but I'm keeping both eyes on this one.

AlexSays

AlexSays said:

This definitely changed my view of the game a little.
It actually looks pretty cool. I could see myself having some fun with it, if not just looking like a fool waving my arms around.

Raptor78

Raptor78 said:

Like I had said in one of the earlier articles of the game. This isnt a game that I would get, however I am very impressed by what they have done and by what they have managed to include in a wiiware game so I really hope their hard work pays off. The soundtrack sounds good and the quantity of songs is impressive considering the size of the game. I had thought what this game needed before was wiiboard support but after seeing the development video I think that may over complicate things and that they have got things just right.

Just because this game isnt really my cup of tea doesnt mean that I wont be telling others that would like it about the game. I may even get if for my girlfriend and our children.

Good luck with "Helix" I hope it gets the acknowlegment it deserves.

Objection

Objection said:

I am really impressed by their calibration mode. Let's hope this plays as good as it looks and it plays good with one wiimote. Its a hopeful!

Deep4t

Deep4t said:

I liked the idea when I first saw it, and im glad that it looks like the difficulty level seems to get get tough which is always a good thing. And i sure to like music games.

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

The developers at Ghostfire obviously worked hard on this game and the music sounds good, but like I said before, waving my arms around in a dancing matter just isn't my kind of thing.

DaVeMaN99

DaVeMaN99 said:

It would be a sad sight to not see this game in the top ten, they worked pretty hard on it.

megacody

megacody said:

I'm sure this will be a good game, although I don't think I'll download this. I'm more interested in games that are platformers / adventure games/ multiplayer/ arcade.

waitaseck

waitaseck said:

That video was quite interesting. Through hard work, this game has definately gained my attention. I so am going to download it as my first wiiware game (Animales de la Muerte is second :P)

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

Well I certainly hope this game does better then naysayers think it will now that we have this inside look!

andy836

andy836 said:

wow i think i'm going to get it now it looks pretty kool especially with the calibration. Though i'm not to sure about multiplayer.

chiefeagle02

chiefeagle02 said:

Got my attention now. It seems like a nifty game with some pretty cool ideas. I'm still not 100% sold on how some of the mechanics work, but for what it's worth, the videos definitely give the game a good impression.

NathanLangridge

NathanLangridge said:

I saw this on the Nintendo Channel, well, just one picture and a short description. I didn't think much of it, but it looks pretty awesome! All for 1000 points as well (said the Nintendo Channel)!