Forums

Topic: Spiritual Mega Man successor - Mighty no. 9

Posts 241 to 260 of 350

Retro_on_theGo

So I'm officially in the "this looks like a damn ps2 game" camp. I've been defending the graphics because, come on people, all of the footage we have seen was Beta. But when Inafune said they were pretty much done and what was left was porting and other stuff, my hear kind sank. No way they think it looks presentable now? It doesn't look any different from the beta footage! I'm worried honestly.

KO-Cub

@WaveyChristmas - I can kinda agree. I would have liked the art styled one more, but the only reason I don't feel this as much as the drawn-like one is because of Beck's looks. He's small and scrawny. Maybe if he was a little thicker? Other than that. I would buy this like hell. Miss a good mega man game. Megaman ZX was going there, but you only play X or in simple term have the Jump and Shoot mechanic from the very beginning before it goes Hack n Slash.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

KO-Cub

WaveyChristmas wrote:

Yeah, his body shape looks a little odd ballish', nowhere near as cool as classic mega man, but I'm glad they didn't turn him into some bad ass and instead opted for a more bendy cartoony' kind of look. I still haven't zipped through Mega man 7 on the SNES/Wii U VC), which is the only classic MM game I need to play, then there's Zero 2, 3 & 4. I've already plowed through the X series, but I stopped at 6. There's no way I'm playing X7 & X8....They look beyond terrible. X6 was already mediocre enough for me, why should I put myself through anymore torture?

Also, Mega man ZX is quite possibly the worst mega man game I've ever played....From it's grating annoying soundtrack, confusing irrirating map and horrible hub/exploration based world and very little innovation(MAP/exploration sucked, and the mech suit variations were no different than Robot master weapons).....Still want to give ZX Advent a shot though after I get around to completing the Zero series.

Gotta give ZX Advent a go, too. Zero series is kinda gross. Story is great, but it's meh. 2nd was pretty good though.
Only one song I found was actually catchy in ZX. 1!!. That's not Megaman! But the name says it all. ZX... meaning you play 90% ZX and 2% on the others each cause they suck.
At least in this Mighty No.9 we get our old game mech back and Inafune I think said something about this game making you rage like old school Megaman.

KO-Cub

Untitled
+
Untitled
=
Untitled

Edited on by KO-Cub

MegaMari0

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wait, people think that footage looks bad???? What the hell, did everybody have a simultaneous aneurism or something? That looks pretty great, graphics and gameplay-wise.

I completely agree with you.

All for one and one for all.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Jacob717

When's the game coming out? It says April 2015, but there's no date yet.

Jacob717

MegaMari0

well aren't you just a ray of sunshine. It couldn't hurt to be a little optimistic?

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

faint

ZurrrrBlattTron wrote:

Hopefully it gets cancelled, it's for the best

yay and all the people who donated money that's already been spent????? What about them????

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Retro_on_theGo

No release date yet but we got a listen to the voice acting in the newest update. Ben 10-I MEAN YURI LOWENTHAL does the voice of Beck. Pretty good performance, I like it. Then again, I am a fan of Lowenthal.

Well, hopefully we get a release date on the 19th, otherwise I'm predicting the game is getting delated. To be brutally honest: my hype for this game is dead. I'm still excited and want to play it but… there's no rush anymore. With how the game's shaping up from all we've seen kind of wishing I backed Shovel Knight instead way back when. lol

New_3DaSh_XL

It's sounding like it's coming in May now. In their most recent update, they said the phrase "April showers brings May flowers" is appropriate to describe Mighty No. 9. At least, that's my take on it. They also said in a quite recent video of XBONE footage that the game would be releasing this month or next month, and my bet's on next month since it's already halfway through April as it is.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

unrandomsam

ZurrrrBlattTron wrote:

Hopefully it gets cancelled, it's for the best

Hopefully it is much better than the last build that it is on Steam Early Access.

(i.e pretty much completely different).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

TeeJay

I keep forgetting this game exists until someone brings it up. It's been in development for so long...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

SuperWiiU

Awesome, a Wii U box release! Has it been confirmed to be 1080p60 on all platforms(Wii U)?

Should this topic now be moved to the regular Wii U forum?

Edited on by SuperWiiU

NinjaWaddleDee

SuperWiiU wrote:

Awesome, a Wii U box release! Has it been confirmed to be 1080p60 on all platforms(Wii U)?

Should this topic now be moved to the regular Wii U forum?

I'm looking forward to it for some reason. I'm not super hyped or anything, because I've never actually been good at Megaman NES games, but this looks a little easier. And yes, I like a good challenge, but I find the Megaman NES games brutally unfair at points.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

kkslider5552000

I am glad to see indie (or at least more indie-ish) games get full retail releases. It isn't like this is gonna have a ton of competition at the Wii U section at Gamestop anyway, so why not?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SuperWiiU

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I am glad to see indie (or at least more indie-ish) games get full retail releases. It isn't like this is gonna have a ton of competition at the Wii U section at Gamestop anyway, so why not?

Actually it might have some serious competition on Wii U. Mario Maker is scheduled for around the same time.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Ryno

Did you guys get your platform survey?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Sorry, this topic has been locked.