Wii U eShop Forum

Topic: Spiritual Mega Man successor - Mighty no. 9

Showing 241 to 260 of 275

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

241. Posted:

Wait, people think that footage looks bad???? What the hell, did everybody have a simultaneous aneurism or something? That looks pretty great, graphics and gameplay-wise.

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Neko_Rukiafan

Neko_Rukiafan

242. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wait, people think that footage looks bad???? What the hell, did everybody have a simultaneous aneurism or something? That looks pretty great, graphics and gameplay-wise.

I completely agree with you. :|

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

NNID: Rukiafan7

Huge fan of the Anime series Bleach!

I love Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach) and Erica Hartmann (Strike Witches)!

Currently looking for reviewers at WiiWareWave those hired can expect to receive review codes for 3DS and Wii U eshop titles!

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
8BitSamurai

8BitSamurai

243. Posted:

Rukiafan wrote:

Agreed! People in today's time are too spoiled by modern graphics, as a person who grew up in the 80's/90's I'm fine with the retro style graphics! To me it's gameplay > graphics! ;)

Those aren't retro-style graphics though.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Ryno

Ryno

244. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Rukiafan wrote:

Agreed! People in today's time are too spoiled by modern graphics, as a person who grew up in the 80's/90's I'm fine with the retro style graphics! To me it's gameplay > graphics! ;)

Those aren't retro-style graphics though.

Unfortunately, PS360 is considering retro by some.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Neko_Rukiafan

Neko_Rukiafan

245. Posted:

Well, honestly the graphics looked more like PS2/GCN caliber to me, but as I said gameplay trumps graphics imo. ;)

Edited on by Neko_Rukiafan

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

NNID: Rukiafan7

Huge fan of the Anime series Bleach!

I love Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach) and Erica Hartmann (Strike Witches)!

Currently looking for reviewers at WiiWareWave those hired can expect to receive review codes for 3DS and Wii U eshop titles!

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
ogo79

ogo79

246. Posted:

its all about the OldGamesOnly79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

247. Posted:

Untitled
So apparently according to the newest updated; this thing is a girl. Huh?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/po...

Want Rival Schools 3? Show your support to Capcom! Or tell Capcom on social media! You want to know more about the game first? Here's some gameplay!

My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

248. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

this game looks like a hot mess imo

It looks like muppet baby poop. I want a refund! Have you watched the latest video? is this supposed to be some unreleased PS2 game i don't know about? I expected much more based on the first Art mock up screen shot....I know it's not finished yet, but i doubt it's going to look much better.

Come on, Inafune couldn't let us down after all this hype! He wouldn't break our hearts like Capcom would. :( I mean, I haven't seen any recent footage, so I'll just look it up an--
[youtube:q1iEFfOBP1o]
Untitled
Coming to a PS2 near you, courtesy of the bargain bin.

Check out that Back dash shot at 0:10 looks like Beck has adopted a few new tricks under his up his robo sleeves.
And sure, it's always BEEN "Gameplay > Graphics" but it's just underwhelming to see a game being hyped so hard and being backed to kingdomcum on Kickstarter to show up looking like a PS2 game.....The earlier artwork looked amazing. Also, would it kill them to put, i don't know, maybe some trees or anything with life in the environments? Mighty N.9 so far is straight up RoboDudes industrial. I really hate the stages, they look very uniteresting and most of them based on the trailer boast drab a** colors.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

249. Posted:

@Ryno @Waveboy Beta test keys are going out today. I'm guessing you guys are in the list since you both put down some nice cash for the Kickstarter. (Well, I know Wavester did) You guys gonna play it and give this game another Bebop Beatdown? ;)

Want Rival Schools 3? Show your support to Capcom! Or tell Capcom on social media! You want to know more about the game first? Here's some gameplay!

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Ryno

Ryno

250. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo; Yes, I did get a key (and put down some nice cash, haha...). Thing is, it will actually require me to use my PC at home which I never do anymore so I might not end up using it.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Jazzer94Staff

Jazzer94

251. Posted:

In this case especially gameplay>>>graphics, but I really wish they had gone the 2D approach.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

252. Posted:

So I'm officially in the "this looks like a damn ps2 game" camp. I've been defending the graphics because, come on people, all of the footage we have seen was Beta. But when Inafune said they were pretty much done and what was left was porting and other stuff, my hear kind sank. No way they think it looks presentable now? It doesn't look any different from the beta footage! I'm worried honestly.

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman

253. Posted:

All the Wii U/3DS owners are livin' in some glass houses, criticizing this game's graphics. Just sayin'.

I'm not that excited for this game- originally I was really happy about it because of what the game meant, but I might not even buy this.

Wii U Profile: DiscoGentleman
Let's Be Friends!

Nintendo Network ID: DiscoGentleman

AuthorMessage
arronishere

arronishere

254. Posted:

The game looks fine to me, I was expecting an indie quality game and this looks like one.

arronishere

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

255. Posted:

Even the gameplay looks....a little, well awkward & clunky....At least when it comes to plowing through enemies with that dash absorbing technique. Still wish the visuals looked closer to this

Untitled

.... instead of this
Untitled

I hope Inafune hits it out of the park with this one, but I lost any sort of excitement for it months ago once the actual gameplay footage started to rear it's head. Yet based on what I've seen it looks sterile, lifeless, not much color at all, very industrial in comparison to the organic nature based stages in the mega man series(Think, bubble, wood and air man) and like everybody is saying it does look like a PS2 game. I regret spending $70 & backing this thing, even if I do get a CIB copy of it. :P

with that $70, I could of bought a CIB copy of shadowgate(not including the guide/map for $40) for the NES, a loose copy of Gremlins 2 for the NES($20 including shipping), Mega man 7($8) on the Wii U's VC and a couple of Mars bars($2) instead. This cool dooder' california Christmas raisin is officially B-U-MM-E-D! :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage
MetalK9

MetalK9

256. Posted:

@WaveyChristmas - I can kinda agree. I would have liked the art styled one more, but the only reason I don't feel this as much as the drawn-like one is because of Beck's looks. He's small and scrawny. Maybe if he was a little thicker? Other than that. I would buy this like hell. Miss a good mega man game. Megaman ZX was going there, but you only play X or in simple term have the Jump and Shoot mechanic from the very beginning before it goes Hack n Slash.

Remember kids. Shadolls are evil and any Madolche runners are adorable scrubs. Why? Cause of my dark past of children card games.
Bullies are only doing their job. It's the Rules of Nature.
"I fight for my friend's." - Ike
"But I am the prince of all Saiyan's." - Vegeta

Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

257. Posted:

MetalK9 wrote:

@WaveyChristmas - I can kinda agree. I would have liked the art styled one more, but the only reason I don't feel this as much as the drawn-like one is because of Beck's looks. He's small and scrawny. Maybe if he was a little thicker? Other than that. I would buy this like hell. Miss a good mega man game. Megaman ZX was going there, but you only play X or in simple term have the Jump and Shoot mechanic from the very beginning before it goes Hack n Slash.

Yeah, his body shape looks a little odd ballish', nowhere near as cool as classic mega man, but I'm glad they didn't turn him into some bad ass and instead opted for a more bendy cartoony' kind of look. I still haven't zipped through Mega man 7 on the SNES/Wii U VC), which is the only classic MM game I need to play, then there's Zero 2, 3 & 4. I've already plowed through the X series, but I stopped at 6. There's no way I'm playing X7 & X8....They look beyond terrible. X6 was already mediocre enough for me, why should I put myself through anymore torture? :P

Also, Mega man ZX is quite possibly the worst mega man game I've ever played....From it's grating annoying soundtrack, confusing irrirating map and horrible hub/exploration based world and very little innovation(MAP/exploration sucked, and the mech suit variations were no different than Robot master weapons).....Still want to give ZX Advent a shot though after I get around to completing the Zero series.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

258. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Untitled
So apparently according to the newest updated; this thing is a girl. Huh?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/po...

Probably my favorite robot master(whatever they're called) in the game....I'm a sucker for Aqua based robot masters. Bubble & Splash woman being my two favorites.

AuthorMessage
MetalK9

MetalK9

259. Posted:

WaveyChristmas wrote:

Yeah, his body shape looks a little odd ballish', nowhere near as cool as classic mega man, but I'm glad they didn't turn him into some bad ass and instead opted for a more bendy cartoony' kind of look. I still haven't zipped through Mega man 7 on the SNES/Wii U VC), which is the only classic MM game I need to play, then there's Zero 2, 3 & 4. I've already plowed through the X series, but I stopped at 6. There's no way I'm playing X7 & X8....They look beyond terrible. X6 was already mediocre enough for me, why should I put myself through anymore torture? :P

Also, Mega man ZX is quite possibly the worst mega man game I've ever played....From it's grating annoying soundtrack, confusing irrirating map and horrible hub/exploration based world and very little innovation(MAP/exploration sucked, and the mech suit variations were no different than Robot master weapons).....Still want to give ZX Advent a shot though after I get around to completing the Zero series.

Gotta give ZX Advent a go, too. Zero series is kinda gross. Story is great, but it's meh. 2nd was pretty good though.
Only one song I found was actually catchy in ZX. 1!!. That's not Megaman! But the name says it all. ZX... meaning you play 90% ZX and 2% on the others each cause they suck.
At least in this Mighty No.9 we get our old game mech back and Inafune I think said something about this game making you rage like old school Megaman.

Remember kids. Shadolls are evil and any Madolche runners are adorable scrubs. Why? Cause of my dark past of children card games.

AuthorMessage
MetalK9

MetalK9

260. Posted:

Untitled
+
Untitled
=
Untitled

Edited on by MetalK9