Gamesake

542. Posted:

Rayman Origins
Kirby's Epic Yarn (hey, it was cheap)

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

3Daniel

543. Posted:

lol i have NOT given up on Fragile Dreams. I'm still early on, just escaped out of the subway system, just haven't gotten into the groove of gameplay yet and put it aside for RtDL.

3DS FC 2878-9587-9759
3Daniel - 3DS tag/wiiu id/colors id
wawigi #1

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

544. Posted:

I bought Rayman Origins on sale a couple weeks back. And now that I've finished Skyward Sword, I can finally start digging into it.

And Fragile Dreams is definitely something that I need to get back to soon. I ran into enemy at the hotel that I couldn't figure out how to deal with, decided to take a short break from the game and then that short break turned into a year.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

545. Posted:

Picked up with a Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Punch-Out!!, and Wario Land: Shake It!. Which one should I start to play first?

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

546. Posted:

@Scrafty
I've enjoyed all three, but Wario Land is definitely my favorite. Although fair warning, a lot of the fun and challenge of it is in searching for treasure, completing the sub-missions and trying to finish each stage with the best possible time; you won't get nearly as much out of it you simply treat it like a straight platformer and play to reach the end of the level.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

547. Posted:

This gorgeous piece of plastic Paradise. B-) :p

Untitled

Honestly i most likely will hardly ever use this unless I'm playing SSB Brawl if that. Yet i felt like i needed to get it, just to have and i want to see how it felt in comparison to the Dual Shock controller. Now If the CC Pro was handless it would be the ultimate Wii VC retro controller...Since the L & R buttons are now properly placed & 'clicky' instead of being squishy + the 2 little circular L2 & R2 buttons.....But meh, the handles ruin retro VC gaming, they just don't feel right....Better suited for modern traditional gaming. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

548. Posted:

vvaluigi wrote:

Fragile Dreams, I'm bored of it already, and Return to Dreamland which is fun but comes across as a game that would be better if portable.

So at what point does Return to Dreamland actually become challenging? I'm thinking of maybe giving up on the traditional Kirby franchise as a whole becase it's too ridiculously easy....Even though i already own RTDL. :p

Super Star Ultra on the other hand was a beast at times, i really enjoyed that one. B-)

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

549. Posted:

#72 Kirby's Epic Yarn

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

BlueToad

550. Posted:

Super Mario Sunshine and Boom Blox Bash Party

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179
Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122
Australian :)

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179 | Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122 | Twitter: kartrashians_

AuthorMessage

Wildvine53

551. Posted:

I picked up Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Fortune Street today.Target had them on clearance, I got both for less than $60!

"If I've learned anything from video games, it's that encountering enemies means you're headed in the right direction."
“Our differences are only skin deep, but our sames go down to the bone.”
Eyeliner, +500 against haters y'all
Credit for my awesome Avatar!

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

552. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

vvaluigi wrote:

Fragile Dreams, I'm bored of it already, and Return to Dreamland which is fun but comes across as a game that would be better if portable.

So at what point does Return to Dreamland actually become challenging? I'm thinking of maybe giving up on the traditional Kirby franchise as a whole becase it's too ridiculously easy....Even though i already own RTDL. :p

Super Star Ultra on the other hand was a beast at times, i really enjoyed that one. B-)

Kirby's Return to Dreamland gets pretty challenging abut midway through the game. The stages are very well designed, and the bosses are so much fun to fight. But I agree, Kirby Super Star is the best Kirby game (I only played the SNES version).

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

553. Posted:

Wildvine53 wrote:

I picked up Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Fortune Street today.Target had them on clearance, I got both for less than $60!

On clearance? Are they being discontinued this early? :(

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Wildvine53

554. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

Wildvine53 wrote:

On clearance? Are they being discontinued this early? :(

I think it's just at our local target, all the other stores in our area have them at regular price.

I just downloaded Carmen Sandiego Adventures in Math: The Case of the Crumbling Cathedral, I'm sure it will be another enjoyably short experience.

Edited on by Wildvine53

"If I've learned anything from video games, it's that encountering enemies means you're headed in the right direction."
“Our differences are only skin deep, but our sames go down to the bone.”
Eyeliner, +500 against haters y'all
Credit for my awesome Avatar!

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

555. Posted:

#140 Donkey Kong Jet Race
#141 Rune Factory Frontier
#142 Harvest Moon - Magical Melody
#143 Baroque
#144 Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut
#145 Mercury Meltdown Revolution
#146 Raving Rabbids - Travel in Time

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Kage_88

556. Posted:

I finally picked up Okami - my 70th Wii game! :D

I'm still playing through Sonic Generations PS3 though, so it'll have to wait.

Nintendo Network ID: KrissB

3DS: 2621-2629-6453

Xbox Live: GonkDroid88

PSN: Kriss_B

Steam ID: kage_88

GOG ID: KrissB

Feel free to add me!

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

557. Posted:

#147 Dead Rising - Chop Till You Drop
#148 SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 (16 Neo Geo Games)

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Bankai

558. Posted:

Boom Street

But I went and put a preorder on The Last Story. Perhaps the reason I didn't enjoy that one was my less than perfect Japanese.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

559. Posted:

I don't play Wii games anymore cause the graphics suck and the games are for kiddies. I only play hardcore shooter games on my PS3 with amazing realistic graphics. Hurr durr. ;)

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

TTGlider

560. Posted:

I traded in a bunch and added one.

SOLD:
Boom Blox Bash Party- not fun, too kiddie, some of the modes were plain boring, some of the levels were too easy and others seemed way to hard to get gold in (via any method but luck). I think this game is the one where my opinion has differed the most from reviews I've read.
Rune Factory Frontier- like the art and the premise, didn't like runies or the character designs or the weird sexist relationship angle
Shiren Wii- lots of trial and error. I can see how someone would enjoy this but it's just not a game you can casually dip in and out of, and I don't have time to grind away and learn levels. Presentation was pretty mixed, too
Conduit 2- single player can't compare to the feel, design and enemy AI of Goldeneye 007 Wii. Nice graphics (mostly). I don't play these multiplayer online, so that wasn't a factor. Had no desire to replay this after the first two levels. Interesting boss fights, though.
House of the Dead Overkill- beat it on default. Graphics pretty plain, gameplay too repetitious, bosses too easy, too many f words. Great idea to string together the stages as 70s B movies, though. Very original in many respects. Glad I beat it; now no desire to return
Elebits- seems like a good idea on paper. Can't stand voice acting or the plot of the game. The gameplay would be too easy without the 'don't break more than x things' challenges, but on the other hand, it's too tedious WITH those challenges! Many reviews mention the 'spring loaded doors' problem, and it is an annoying one. I didn't like the movements that required you to move the WIimote "in and out", such as moving objects closer or farther. Didn't like how floaty everything easy. The "create yoru own levels" hook has no value to me (I think this causes many games to be overrated, also including Boom Blox Bash Party and Blastworks here)
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands- I could tell it was a decent game but it just didn't hook me. A little boring, maybe? I'm a big fan of the original. Beat it on DOS and then the HD Remake on Xbox Live. If the SNES version comes out in NA, I'll buy day 1!
Warioland: Shake it!- couldn't stand the fake widescreen, didn't like the "blocky" construction of the levels (it was sort of present in the GBA game but just looks cheap on a bigscreen TV), didn't find the gameplay fun enough to bother with finding all the treasures which meant as a "get to the flag pole" platformer it was a bit bland. And didn't like having to grind a couple times to unlock stages. REALLY didn't like shaking wiimote like a 4 year hold to get gold from bags. To be honest I think the level design both here and in Epic Yarn (same developer) is a bit boring. Difference in Epic Yarn is the stunning presentation and merging of style with gameplay.

BOUGHT:
Samurai Warriors 3- it's something outside my comfort zone and I hope it gets harder. The Nintendo fanboy in me bought it because of the Murasame Castle mode. Seems decent. Presentation is above average but not QUITE up to Nintendo's usual standards.

TTGlider