Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 926

WiiAboutU

@Link245 Muramasa: The Demon Blade has RPG qualities and is a fairly immersive hack and slash platformer, with a beautiful art style. Also, Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga is very obscure RPG. But don't let GameStop rob you for $40 they still want for it, you can find a brand new copy at Amazon for around $12.00

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

citizenerased

I've got around £20 to blow on Amazon.co.uk so I can get free shipping on another order. Problem is, I don't know what to get.

Choices include:

• just Sonic Colours or Mario Kart Wii (wasn't going to spend that much on it though)
  • or two of the following: Lego Batman, Goldeneye, Another Code R, or any other Wii game that they have for ~£10

I've also got a DS so I might use this chance to get closer to complete my DS collection

I'm a big fan of platformers so I'm leaning towards Sonic. Not that much into RPGs (so no Xenoblade) or shooters (which is why I'm not sure about Goldeneye)

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

misswliu81

tealovertoma wrote:

I've got around £20 to blow on Amazon.co.uk so I can get free shipping on another order. Problem is, I don't know what to get.

Choices include:

• just Sonic Colours or Mario Kart Wii (wasn't going to spend that much on it though)
  • or two of the following: Lego Batman, Goldeneye, Another Code R, or any other Wii game that they have for ~£10

I've also got a DS so I might use this chance to get closer to complete my DS collection

I'm a big fan of platformers so I'm leaning towards Sonic. Not that much into RPGs (so no Xenoblade) or shooters (which is why I'm not sure about Goldeneye)

mario kart is currently 24.99 here with the wii wheel

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mario-Kart-Wii-Wheel-Included/dp/B001...

sonic colours is arguably the best sonic game on the wii and you can get it for under £18

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sega-Sonic-Colours-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0...

DS wise, ninja gaiden - under £9 it's a steal

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ninja-Gaiden-Dragon-Sword-Nintendo/dp...

sonic classic collection

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Classic-Collection-Nintendo-DS/...

mario vs donkey kong 2: march of the minis

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mario-Vs-Donkey-Kong-Nintendo/dp/B000...

misswliu81

citizenerased

Thanks for the suggestions, already got Ninja Gaiden on DS (awesome game)

I noticed they sell Sonic for £12, but it's Amazon's Jersey seller. It'll take a bit longer but I'll probably do that. And maybe Batman Lego.

EDIT: That's what I ended up getting.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Chaoslink1

Hey guys, i'm thinking about what game i should get next, should i wait for skyward sword or should i try out twilight princess for only €25

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5737-7446-0788 | 3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Nintendo Network ID: Chaoslink1 | Twitter:

she_gamer

Hard to say. Skyword Sword looks like it's going to be amazing, and if you can only pick one, I'd wait for that. Twilight Princess was ok, but I'm glad I only rented it.

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

quint_10

btw Twilight princess is now a select title for £14.95 from thehut.com and I assume similar everywhere else online
I haven't played it myself but ppl say it's good

quint_10

Chrono_Cross

WaveBoy wrote:

Twilight Princess looks like such a dreary colorless mud drenched never ending barren depress-fest.

Why dont you play it before you judge it? Beat it and get back to us.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

kkslider5552000

I haven't done it in a while so I feel like recommending Muramasa. It is awesome.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

reborn

Hi! I need help! I'm trying to buy a Wii game for Christmas and I can't decide between Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Sakura Wars: So Long My Love. Both are entries of important sagas and they've received good reviews but I just don't which one I'd enjoy more. I've played Fire Emblem on GBA (the one with Lyn and Elywood) but I've heard that FE:RD is far more difficult than others FE. What about Sakura Taisen's saga?
Thanks in advance!

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

SKTTR

reborn wrote:

Hi! I need help! I'm trying to buy a Wii game for Christmas and I can't decide between Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Sakura Wars: So Long My Love. Both are entries of important sagas and they've received good reviews but I just don't which one I'd enjoy more. I've played Fire Emblem on GBA (the one with Lyn and Elywood) but I've heard that FE:RD is far more difficult than others FE. What about Sakura Taisen's saga?
Thanks in advance!

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is the better game, but it's the direct sequel to Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, so you might want to play that one first. It's excellent, Path of Radiance in combination with Radiant Dawn is my favourite Fire Emblem saga. I call it the Ike-Saga, and it's scale is EPIC! One of the best RPG experiences you can find on Wii.

Sakura Wars isn't bad either. It's pretty different from anything else but quite adorable. I was glad to find it for 20 and was pleasantly surprised. Unlike Radiant Dawn's connection to an earlier Fire Emblem game Sakura Wars has nothing to do with the 4 prequels except for its gameplay. The story and characters are all new, and it all takes place at a different time and in a different place, so Sakura Wars on Wii is a good place to start with the series.

They're both very good Japanese, story-heavy, roundbased strategy-RGPs.

I recommend them both. Glad to have them in my Wii collection.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

SKTTR

vonseux wrote:

@SKTTR do you recommend Sakura Wars to FE fans? I didn't understand how this game works... isnt a relationship sim ?

It's not just a relationship sim!

And yes, I would recommend Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love to Fire Emblem: Path of Radiant & Radiant Dawn fans because both games have in-depth stories driven by interesting dialogue and beautiful anime artwork and movies, and both have their unique strategic roundbased battles.

The relationship sim part is just to have better harmony (some advantages) in the battles, and are pretty interesting storywise because the NPCs evolve in different ways depending on how you treat them and how you spend your limited free time between the battle stages. Characters actually grow to like or hate you depending on what you say and the decisions you choose to make. Ultimately there are 5 or 6 girls you can be friends (and more?!) with and a few side-roles that have an opinion and feelings for you as well.

Both, Sakura Wars and Fire Emblem have two heavy sides of gameplay: much dialogue and management in one part and strategic battles in the other part.
And both are still true originals, different enough from each other. If you love Steampunk New York and playing as a boy evolving into a little casanova (or stupid brat) with 5 hot anime chicks around you, and fighting giant mechs with jet transformers in unique stages then this might be worth it to you. Found it for 19.99 € and am pretty happy with it. I have yet to beat it. Stuck on a crazy airfight.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Odnetnin

Mickeymac wrote:

Should I get Rayman Origins or Kirby's Return to Dreamland? Please note I'll be playing them solo.

Hmm... I'd go with Rayman because it seems to be a more innovate, visually impressive, and high quality platformer (this is coming from someone who owns and enjoys Kirby). The multiplayer in Kirby is fun but also sometimes frustrating and not on the level or New Super Mario Bros. Wii, for instance.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Oddy wrote:

The multiplayer in Kirby is fun but also sometimes frustrating and not on the level or New Super Mario Bros. Wii, for instance.

Mickeymac wrote:

Please note I'll be playing them solo.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

woodlin37

Animal crossing is superb the gamecube version had me hooked, i then got the DS version, good but it didnt get my attention too much as i felt as if id played it before, after a lenghly break from the series i got the wii version, and hooked again, great game.

Would really recommend Kirby's Epic Yarn this is one great game, Mario esque platformer, that can get tough later on, graphically beautiful and the soundtrack is fantastic also.

Edited on by woodlin37

Twitter = @woodlin37G

Twitter:

DLightan23

Can anyone recommend sonic racing or any wicked 2d Platformers!! Me and the misses have thrashed donkey kong and Mario Nd I am stuck for what to play next.... Help!!

DLightan23

Gamesake

DLightan23 wrote:

Can anyone recommend sonic racing

I've had a lot of fun with Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing on the Wii, I can easily recommend it. Unless you can find Mario Kart Wii for the same price, or unless you have an Xbox 360 since the Xbox version looks better and runs smoother (especially in local multiplayer) plus you can download Metal Sonic.

DLightan23 wrote:

Me and the misses have thrashed donkey kong and Mario Nd I am stuck for what to play next.... Help!!

Sonic Colors is awesome but not if you want multiplayer. I haven't played Kirby's Return to Dreamland or Rayman Origins yet but they sound more like what you're after.

...in my pants.

DLightan23

Thanks gamesake! I play wii more than my 360 dust gatherer so I will check out sonic for wii also your platform suggestions are also appreciated. Thanks

DLightan23

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic