Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 581 to 600 of 956

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

581. Posted:

@SKTTR if you find all three pink Elebits in a level you unlock Eternal Mode, which allows you to practice that level's scenario without a time limit. (<:

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

582. Posted:

@WiiAboutU

How are you liking Elebits? I never really bothered too much with the 'make your own stage' aspect of the game, but the 'main' game was just fantastic. The first stage hands down imo was the best...It's such a whimsical title and has this dreamy other worldy feel to it and again it boasts some of the greatest wii controls around. :D

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

583. Posted:

I'm enjoying it so far @WaveBoy, it has slightly addictive gameplay. I'm sure my son will enjoy it too, well as soon as he becomes comfortable with the control scheme and gameplay mechanics that is. I know it'll most likely be very difficult to find anyone who still owns this and has also edited levels. (<:

Elebits= 8.0/10 (Maybe even a few more tenths of a point.)

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

584. Posted:

I've unlocked My Room and it's objects in Edit Mode. I've also finished the level in under 5 min., so Eternal Mode is available as well. Now my son will at least have one level to practice without a time limit. I'm guessing the purpose of Eternal Mode is to practice towards achieving an S ranking, am I correct?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

585. Posted:

I've achieved the S ranking on the second level, but I've only unlocked Score Attack Mode. Can anyone tell me where and how I can acquire the 2nd & 3rd pink Elebits? )<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

586. Posted:

@WiiAboutU
I hardly bothered with the Level Editor mode. Honestly, Level editing in any game just turns me off for some reason. :p
But yup! Glad to hear you like it.....By the way, how are those outdoor levels doing for ya? Kinda Chuggy?lol

Anyways, I haven't gamed since Dead Space: Extraction & Okami....Which i both played for 2 hours each, which were both back in the beginning of Aug. lol :p And again, that's been due to the insane summer heat and humidity which makes it incredibly awful and uncomfortable to play any game...The heat wave struck me with both DS: Extraction & Okami, maybe that's why i've been a smidge hard on those two. lol

Anyways, i found a no brainer solution. My old fan was too loud and it just didn't get the job done, my air conditioner on the other hand 'did' get the job done and 10x better at that...But it was even louder which included some crazy annoying buzzing and rattling here and there, which made it impossible to play or watch games without being totaly distracted as it basically overpowered every sound in the room....

But now i just picked myself up a nice big super quite fan, aka The Hawaiin Breeze hehe, and it totaly does the job. B-)

Now I can actually watch movies and play games again instead of having to wait until Satan's hellish summer weather gradually gets knocked down at the end of the month. practically one month without gaming, eek! Anyways, i'll be playing No More Heroes 2 tomorrow....Now I'm actually more excited. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

587. Posted:

Thanks for recommending it @WaveBoy, it's becoming more addictive than any other Wii title I've experienced thus far. I haven't come to the outdoor stages yet, but I've cleared the first three stages with an S rank so far. I made sure I collected all three pink Elebits for each level. And intern Eternal Mode is unlocked for my son to practice the level's scenarios without a time limit. It seems too difficult to find anyone who owns Elebits, let alone anyone who has edited levels. I'll begin editing my first level soon, if you want to give it a shot when I'm finished @WaveBoy you may. (<:

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

588. Posted:

@WaveBoy Do you have any other recommendations that are comparable to Elebits? Too bad there hasn't been a sequel made available yet. )<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

589. Posted:

vonseux wrote:

Note* I like the first one MUCH more than the sequel; Bash Party

Why so? I used to own the sequel but didn't like it enough to keep it.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

590. Posted:

Do you have to use the Wii Remote's Speaker as Travis's phone in No More Heroes 2?....You know, like in the original where Sylvia would give him a call before a Boss fight.....I'm hoping not, because I'll be wearing headphones. Hopefully there's an option in the menu to disable the calls coming from the Wii remote so i can instead hear the calls coming from my headphones....There was an option like this in SH: Shattered Memories.

Need to know, because I'll be playing it tonight....like in 3 hours. :p

And @Vonsuex
So why didn't you like Bash Party as much as the original?....That screen shot looks awesome by the way. B-) I've never played either of th two yet.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

591. Posted:

Oh crap! Just before i was about to play No More Heroes 2, i noticed that the color on my CRT SDTV screen started to mildy warp on my Wii Menu. As in the Whites slowly became a a slight green for 10-15 seconds, then it would shift back to normal...then it would happen again, and again....It's almost as if the screen switched color temperatures on it's own, except everything had this greenish haze to it....After playing around with my Receiver, and flicking through channels....I realised it was the TV itself.

I'm so bummed right now, I don't have the cash to opt for a 42" Plasma right now, and i don't think i'd wan't one for the Wii anyways. Maybe I can get my Sony Wega fixed......I guarantee it's from leaving on Cartoons paused on my TV for more than 2 hours at a time. lol Might be the result of a little burn action.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

592. Posted:

I'm having some trouble trying to decide which Wii title to purchase next, it's a toss up between Sin and Punishment: Star Successor or Muramasa: The Demon Blade? I know they both fall under two completely different genres, but can anyone please help me come to a conclusion? If you could explain your likes and dislikes for each title, that would also be helpful and greatly appreciated. (<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

Matillion

593. Posted:

I don't own any of them, but I'd get Sin and Punishment.

Also, Boom Blox Bash Party, anyone?

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

594. Posted:

I dunno about Sin and Punishment 2 but Muramasa is legendary.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

595. Posted:

Thank you for your recommendations @vonseux and @kkslider5552000. Can either of you guys tell me which of these titles has a higher replay value? @kkslider5552000 how lengthy is Muramasa: The Demon Blade? Since my inquiry Sin and Punishment: Star Successor and Muramasa: The Demon Blade have both received an equal amount of recommendations in this thread. Can someone please help tip the scales in either of their favor?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

596. Posted:

I have both Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies.
I like Sin & Punishment more, because it is one of the best 3D-shmups ever.

Muramasa had so much potential, but there's one flaw that disturbed me throughout the whole experience: The different backgrounds repeat way too often so that the world seems like a non-consistent random mess of beautiful art. Imagine Metroid recycling whole screens (!) and even whole sections of the map again and again and again (!) That is the level design in Muramasa! Pretty crappy. Now consider it's only 670MB. There's 3.3 Gigabyte of unused space on the disc that could have all kinds of awesome art and more backgrounds. It's very unfortunate, but Muramasa felt rushed to me.

As for longevity and replay value, Muramasa has definately the exploring, grinding (leveling), and collecting factor on its side as well as two different intertwined story modes / playable characters. Sin & Punishment has the 2 player co-op and the online leaderboards / highscore hunting.

Muramasa could have been a much better experiece.
Sin & Punishment is action perfection.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

597. Posted:

Thanks for informing me on this matter @SKTTR. Can anyone recommend Samurai Warriors 3, it's my alternative to Muramasa: The Demon Blade?

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

598. Posted:

Hello, it's me again. I have Samurai Warriors 3. But I'm looking for a recommendation too... Haven't played it much.

It's a simple mission based hack&slay action-RPG. There are tons of characters to select (and unlock), each with his/her own fighting style, stats and weapons, and even their own (short) story mode. There's 2p co-op splitscreen and online multiplayer, a character editor, and heaps of other stuff in various options. From the first look it seems massive.

But I found it rather simple and quite boring (even in 2p co-op) because basically you just run around, kill thousands of soldiers and yeah, that's it. You can ride a horse, that's neat, but apart from that I couldn't find much variety in my 5 hours of playing this, so I stopped because of lack of interest and played other games I found better.

Hope someone can tell me if it's worth sticking with SW3. Hope the game offers something more interesting, like, when playing with other characters maybe?! There might be a chance that I picked the worst character and got a bad first impression. What is your favourite character? Who has the best story? The best missions? The game really needs to show me something cool, because the start was dull. The mechanics and everything is great and pretty polished, and the fmv's are excellent, so I'd love to give this a second chance.

On that matter, there's another game in the series on the Wii that I also have: Samurai Warriors Katana.
It's massive as well, but actually innovative and fun, and the missions are full of variety with plenty surprises.
Just need to practice the controls a bit since it has first generation Wii motion controls (without MotionPlus) like Dragon Quest Swords and Cursed Mountain and some people have problems with that.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

599. Posted:

Thanks @vonseux, that's exactly what I've done and I should be receiving Muramasa by this thursday. (<:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

600. Posted:

I finished Sin & Punishment 2 around a few months ago....And it's definitly grade A Awesomeness for what it is, but going into it I knew that the 3D Shmup genre that this game was a part of would go either way with me....I think the downside for me has to do with being more along the lines of it's dull presentation & Lifeless(personality wise) characters. I mean I'm just not a big fan of japanesey type games...This was like something out of an Anime flick. Don't get me wrong I love my Dragon Ball Z to bits and a few other shows, but for the most part Anime usually leaves me feeling cold.

Something like classic Mega Man gone Shmup for ex, I would of been more aken to

Edited on by WaveBoy