Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 926

FloY

Best Fishing games on WII anyone?

FloY

Gamesake

@Waveboy Sonic Colors is awesome, but I know how much you dislike Sonic games. You sure seem to like Klonoa though, so why not give Kirby's Return to Dreamland a chance instead? Or that new Rayman Origins since you liked Rayman back on the PSX.

...in my pants.

CanisWolfred

Oddy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Oddy wrote:

The multiplayer in Kirby is fun but also sometimes frustrating and not on the level or New Super Mario Bros. Wii, for instance.

Mickeymac wrote:

Please note I'll be playing them solo.

Right, I'm just saying you're not missing out on much, multiplayer-wise.

Ah well, thanks for clearing that up. I ended up with Rayman even though I picked Kirby. It was fun while it lasted (only rented it). I wish Nintendo games didn't stay so high priced. I could easily get Rayman for $20 in a year or two now that I think about it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

In a year or two? Dude, have fun waiting.

Waveboy, I have 1000 games. Literally. Believe me, I'll have fun.

And Rayman Origins isn't one of them.

Well that's looking at the cup half empty. You're talking as if I could only have fun if I'm playing Rayman Origins, which is clearly a mistake.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

lorg1

Ok guys, I have a huge dilemma. Is it worth picking up Impossible Mission Wii for AUD $10? I know its a remake of the C64 game, but what's the quality (worth the get?)

lorg1

SKTTR

lorg1 wrote:

Ok guys, I have a huge dilemma. Is it worth picking up Impossible Mission Wii for AUD $10? I know its a remake of the C64 game, but what's the quality (worth the get?)

I'm looking for the Wii version of Impossible Mission everywhere.
I really liked the C64 game and I would pick this up if I could find a PAL version of it for 10-15€.

You can buy it, if you don't like it, you might like to trade or sell it to me.

I heard the original is included, is that true?

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

JGMR

I think of ordering Rygar, even though I completed the game back on the PS2...heads or tails?

With kind regards,

JGMR

SKTTR

Xenoblade or Monster Hunter Tri

First I have to say while being pretty addicted to both, they start to get tedious.at points. You should have a liking for repeating things often to get better (grinding).

Monster Hunter Tri
To complete the game you have to kill a strong, big monster over and over again, hoping to get the materials you need to upgrade your character and make some progress, then find the next stronger monster, grind this beast twenty times, then you can wear his hide, make a new weapon from its teeth and horns, etc., and move on with the next stronger monster.... And one day you'll be facing the strongest monster in the game, and then you've accomplished something.
Monster Hunter Tri has the better graphics.

Xenoblade Chronicles
You'll be doing lots of sidequests and tons of exploring to complete the game. Fetch a number of something, kill a number of something, find someone, and it's all repeating too often, like 400-500 times. The story is much deeper than what you can find Monster Hunters little fisherman village, but that doesn't matter, Xenoblade needs its good plot, Monster Hunter needs just hunting & collecting.
Xenoblades has the better music.

Hard to say which is better. With these two Wii games I was always pending between 9/10 and 10/10. In the end I played them both more than 170 hours, and despite some flaws it was worth it.

Monster Hunter's online gameplay sets the deal for me though. I'd put it before Xenoblade Chronicles because playing with people is better than playing alone.

• But I think this is a bette rplace, tbd.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

PhoenixUltra

Do you guys recommend final fantasy crystal chronicles crystal bearers. I want to buy it tomorrow. The Problem is I heard the map is system is bad and you can get lost easily. I know the graphics are great from the videos I've seen and the characters look compelling to play. I've never played a WII final fantasy and want to try it out. My only worry is i'll buy it and won't be able it beat it due to getting lost all the time. The battle system looks fairly interesting, not a typical FF battle system but different can be good. So on all these points should I get it, and how can I figure out to use the map when I play thanks in advance. By the way I was thinking of picking up luigi's mansion for GC if this title is not worth it.

Edited on by PhoenixUltra

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

Reala

nintendofreak4 wrote:

Do you guys recommend final fantasy crystal chronicles crystal bearers. I want to buy it tomorrow. The Problem is I heard the map is system is bad and you can get lost easily. I know the graphics are great from the videos I've seen and the characters look compelling to play. I've never played a WII final fantasy and want to try it out. My only worry is i'll buy it and won't be able it beat it due to getting lost all the time. The battle system looks fairly interesting, not a typical FF battle system but different can be good. So on all these points should I get it, and how can I figure out to use the map when I play thanks in advance. By the way I was thinking of picking up luigi's mansion for GC if this title is not worth it.

NNNNOOOOOO, seriously it is the worst wii game I have ever played the map is so bad its a wonder in bad map design and yes the graphics do look good but the combat isn't anywhere near as fun as it looks, and in fact it got so annoying I simply started running away from enemies altogether not that it mattered despite hardly ever leveling up I could still beat the final boss, the main challenge is getting from A to B in a series of lame party type game events, for all that is holy and true trust me when I say this is an awful abomination of a game and I only hope in time I'll be able to forget it completely.

Edited on by Reala

Reala

PhoenixUltra

Do you guys recommend Luigi's Mansion for Game Cube.

Wii U future of gaming.

chiwii

I had a lot of fun with Crystal Bearers. It's true that the main map is awful. It's actually completely useless. There are signs around that will tell you which direction to head to get to nearby areas. However, if you're far away from wherever you need to go, the signs might not be enough. I had to check a walkthrough a few times when I played the game.

One thing you should know about Crystal Bearers is that it isn't an RPG, and it isn't a typical Final Fantasy game. You can level up, but it's not a very important part of the game. It's more of an action/adventure game, like Zelda (except without any dungeons or puzzles). If you're looking for a typical FF game or an RPG, don't get this game.

Edited on by chiwii

chiwii

Gamesake

The map was a non issue, like Reala said you're just going from point A to B and the areas are very linear. You'd have to be pretty hopeless at video games to get lost playing Crystal Bearers. As for the combat you don't have melee attacks, which seems to frustrate a lot of gamers. You can only pick up enemies/objects and toss them around (like in Solatorobo). Also know that FFCCCB is a short game. You'll beat it in 15 or 20 hours depending on how into item crafting you want to get. So unless you love this game enough to playthrough it a few times you might not be getting your money's worth (depending on what you pay for it). I recommend renting it before buying it.

...in my pants.

PvtMatata

With more than six million copies sold worldwide since its release seven years ago, Super Smash Bros. Melee remains – easily — GameCube's best-selling title. The 3D fighter, a sequel to 1999's surprise hit Nintendo 64 project Super Smash Bros., packed in more characters, more stages and a seemingly endless supply of nostalgic trophies and collectibles to become one of the system's most beloved efforts. There was so much content squeezed into Melee, in fact, that the multiplayer fighter kept devoted fans entertained not just for months, but years. Yet, compared to the Whopper that is Super Smash Bros Brawl, a Wii game dripping with different play modes, characters, stages and online components, Melee has been reduced to a plain old hamburger. (And by the way, we're hungry.)

Hungry, that is, for some epic offline and online multiplayer fights, and thankfully Brawl – like its predecessors – satisfies. If you want numbers, we've got them. Nintendo's latest fighter features 35 mascots – a figure up from 12 in the original and 26 in Melee. It also includes more than 40 different levels, each a throwback to classic franchise stages, both from Nintendo and also from the likes of SEGA and Konami, but we'll get to that. Point is, it's a much meatier package — we honestly don't know why we can't seem to break from our hamburger analogies – and we haven't even started in on the customization options, online support, and more.

PvtMatata

chiwii

I'm wondering if I should pick up Kirby's Return to Dreamland. I hated Kirby's Epic Yarn. I didn't like the art style, and the game was way too easy. However, I loved Klonoa, even though it was also an easy game (except for the very last level and final boss, which I didn't beat.). So, is Kirby's Return to Dreamland more like KEY or Klonoa?

chiwii

PhoenixUltra

Would you recommend Cursed Mountain. How is the difficulty. Is it worth getting. I'm also interested in arc rise fantasia, how's the game, is it long or short and the difficulty level. Another game I'm wondering about is sonic colors, how is it and is it good compared to other sonic games. I'm new to sonic games I heard good things about sonic colors though.

Edited on by PhoenixUltra

Wii U future of gaming.

chiwii

I liked Cursed Mountain. I didn't think it was very difficult. It was definitely easier than RE4. Does it still cost $10-$15? If it does, I think it's worth a try.

chiwii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic