Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 926

Gamesake

Matillion wrote:

Tatsunoko or Sonic and Sega Racing?

Tough choice if you can only get one. Those are both awesome Wii games. I would pick Tatsunoko vs. Capcom because it's not on the Xbox 360 (yet). I did enjoy playing Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing more than TVC, but I like racing games better than fighting games. Especially fighting games filled with old school anime characters no one's ever heard of before.

...in my pants.

Link245

Hello, I had posted something about buying Metroid Prime in the Retro Recommendations Thread (I would appreciate it if someone would answer me please), but I was wondering if Other M was a good place to start. I didn't like Prime Hunters and wasn't sure about Prime, but I had played a little bit of Super Metroid and liked it. I understand this game is kind of like the old games, and I am new to the Metroid series and am looking for a good starting point.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

kevohki

Link245 wrote:

Hello, I had posted something about buying Metroid Prime in the Retro Recommendations Thread (I would appreciate it if someone would answer me please), but I was wondering if Other M was a good place to start. I didn't like Prime Hunters and wasn't sure about Prime, but I had played a little bit of Super Metroid and liked it. I understand this game is kind of like the old games, and I am new to the Metroid series and am looking for a good starting point.

All 3 Metroid Prime games are worth playing. The first is arguably the best of the three. Other M is far weaker than any of the Prime games in my opinion so you might want to save that one for last. The absolute best starting point for the series is probably Metroid Zero Mission for the GBA though.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

Link245

kevohki wrote:

Link245 wrote:

All 3 Metroid Prime games are worth playing. The first is arguably the best of the three. Other M is far weaker than any of the Prime games in my opinion so you might want to save that one for last. The absolute best starting point for the series is probably Metroid Zero Mission for the GBA though.

Thanks, I think I will check out Zero Mission. However, I did not like Hunters, so do you think Prime is still worth playing?

Currently Playing:

kevohki

Link245 wrote:

kevohki wrote:

Link245 wrote:

Thanks, I think I will check out Zero Mission. However, I did not like Hunters, so do you think Prime is still worth playing?

I would say that Hunters was more of a first-person shooter and marketed that way with the multiplayer modes. The Prime games (especially the first one) are essentially Super Metroid but in 3D. They still retain the adventure, atmosphere, and puzzle-solving of the series but just from a first-person perspective. I didn't really like the DS controls with Hunters but I thought the Gamecube controls (and especially Wii controls on the Trilogy) worked great with the Prime games.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

SKTTR

Link245 wrote:

kevohki wrote:

Link245 wrote:

If you didn't like Hunters but Super Metroid I recommend Other M, Zero Mission and Fusion. They're all great.
I'd give the Prime Trilogy a chance too, just to see if you like the controls better than in the DS version.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Link245

I think I'll buy original Prime for Gamecube and try to hunt down Zero Mission, thanks.

Currently Playing:

BenAV

Link245 wrote:

I think I'll buy original Prime for Gamecube and try to hunt down Zero Mission, thanks.

It might be better value just to buy the trilogy...
Might not cost you too much extra, plus the Wii controls work really well for it IMO.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Tasuki

BenAV wrote:

Link245 wrote:

Might not cost you too much extra, plus the Wii controls work really well for it IMO.

If you can find it at a decent price. Last time I checked on Amazon a new copy was going for $123 and used was going for $95.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

BenAV

Tasuki wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Link245 wrote:

If you can find it at a decent price. Last time I checked on Amazon a new copy was going for $123 and used was going for $95.

Ah, I see.
I purchased it first day so that wasn't really a problem at the time.
Even that much is pretty good value for three amazing games though.
Probably the best valued thing you can buy on the Wii.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Link245

Tasuki wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Link245 wrote:

You're right, the Gamestop website lists it for $70 used. It would be cheaper just to buy each game individually. Plus don't the original versions support some extra features, like multiplayer?

Edited on by Link245

Currently Playing:

Tasuki

Link245 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Link245 wrote:

You're right, the Gamestop website lists it for $70 used. It would be cheaper just to buy each game individually. Plus don't the original versions support some extra features, like multiplayer?

I am not sure on that since I never played the games. In truth I am just not a big Metroid fan.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

she_gamer

WaveBoy wrote:

Also, is Epic Mickey really that Epic?

Not in my opinion. "Epic" for me would be 11/10, and this was more like... 6 or 7/10. It's more like "Average Mickey". Still kinda neat though.

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

kkslider5552000

yeah, but I don't think the title "Above Average Should Have Been Much Better Mickey" would have worked

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BenAV

kkslider5552000 wrote:

yeah, but I don't think the title "Above Average Should Have Been Much Better Mickey" would have worked

It's got a ring to it though...

BenAV

Link245

Tasuki wrote:

Link245 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Link245 wrote:

I am not sure on that since I never played the games. In truth I am just not a big Metroid fan.

Hmm... website says 1 is $4, and 2 and 3 are $10 each. I could get the whole trilogy for $24, might do that instead of laying down $70.

Currently Playing:

BenAV

Link245 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Link245 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Link245 wrote:

Hmm... website says 1 is $4, and 2 and 3 are $10 each. I could get the whole trilogy for $24, might do that instead of laying down $70.

Either way it's definitely worth the purchase.
$24 is a bargin, I'd recommend doing it.

BenAV

Gamesake

BenAV wrote:

Link245 wrote:

The Prime games are great but I never liked the GameCube controls (you can't aim and move at the same time). The controls for Metroid Prime: Corruption on the Wii are a vast improvement. If the Prime Trilogy is too expensive, start with Metroid Prime: Corruption.

Link245 wrote:

don't the original versions support some extra features, like multiplayer?

The original Metroid Prime had the ability to link to your GBA, if you had the link cable and Metroid Fusion. It gave you a new costume for Samus and the original Metroid game to play on your GameCube. I don't know if that stuff is present in the Wii Trilogy.

...in my pants.

Link245

Gamesake wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Link245 wrote:

The Prime games are great but I never liked the GameCube controls (you can't aim and move at the same time). The controls for Metroid Prime: Corruption on the Wii are a vast improvement. If the Prime Trilogy is too expensive, start with Metroid Prime: Corruption.

Link245 wrote:

don't the original versions support some extra features, like multiplayer?

The original Metroid Prime had the ability to link to your GBA, if you had the link cable and Metroid Fusion. It gave you a new costume for Samus and the original Metroid game to play on your GameCube. I don't know if that stuff is present in the Wii Trilogy.

But doesn't 2 have multiplayer? If so, is it any good?

Currently Playing:

Odnetnin

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled

I don't think I've played or liked a Batman game since the Nes original. Is this one worth checking out? WayForward was behind this one, which kind of raises a little glimmer of hope.

Yes it's a great co-op beat 'em up actually. I got my copy for $10 new and at that price it's an outstanding value.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic