Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 421 to 440 of 944

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

421. Posted:

@WaltzElf, What is your friend code for Eldar Saga, I know a couple people in your region? (<:
Maybe if I help them find some cohorts, they'll help do the same for me. I don't have Eldar Saga yet, but I wanted to start searching for US friend codes early. Because I had an inkling that it would probably be a good while before I'd find any. I most likely won't receive it until Saturday, but tomorrow might be a possibility. (<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tsuchinoko

422. Posted:

Looking for a game with a mature-themed story. I just got done playing through Silent Hill:Shattered Memories, and while the gameplay had problems, I enjoyed the story a lot. Now I know the Wii is not a powerhouse for mature games, but I'm sure there has to be some out there. I am a fan of horror games, but for the sake of this thread I'm not specifically looking for a horror game, though I like those. What games are out there with more realistic stories, lots of drama and suspense, or a mystery? For further reference, I'm considering ordering Eternal Darkness for the gamecube, since I heard it was good. I am looking at Fragile Dreams and Cursed Mountain (though I played Cursed Mountain a bit a while back, and thought it was a bit slow and boring). I guess I really just want to play something with a good story, something gripping. Thats what really got me into Silent Hill. I was a huge fan of the first four games, and it was a nice homage to those, as well as having a good story.

Games I have enjoyed in the past that I think fit into what I am looking for: Hotel Dusk, Siren and Siren 2, Silent Hill 2, Nanashi no Game. Not really looking for something as epic as LA Noire, but a good story would be nice. I haven't been able to find anything, and some people tell me I'm on the wrong console. Not quite ready to jump ship, haha. I'll take recommendations for stuff on gamecube, or VC too!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:Bravely Default, 極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei)モンスターハンター3G (Monster Hunter 3G)二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni)Looking forward to: Monster Hunter 4

AuthorMessage
Avatar

spizzamarozzi

423. Posted:

Speaking of horror games, anybody here played Ju-On: The Grudge? It got extremely poor reviews from the critics, but the people I've seen playing the game were genuinely scared to death...

Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi
3DS friend code: 0104 - 0649 - 7464

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

424. Posted:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Speaking of horror games, anybody here played Ju-On: The Grudge? It got extremely poor reviews from the critics, but the people I've seen playing the game were genuinely scared to death...

I've always been a tiny bit curious about that one.lol
A few moments from the Grudge 1 and 2 definitly creeped me out. Thanks a lot kayoko! Who knows, i may pick this one up just in time for Halloween. :D

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

y0ss4ri4n

425. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Looking for a game with a mature-themed story. I just got done playing through Silent Hill:Shattered Memories, and while the gameplay had problems, I enjoyed the story a lot. Now I know the Wii is not a powerhouse for mature games, but I'm sure there has to be some out there. I am a fan of horror games, but for the sake of this thread I'm not specifically looking for a horror game, though I like those. What games are out there with more realistic stories, lots of drama and suspense, or a mystery? For further reference, I'm considering ordering Eternal Darkness for the gamecube, since I heard it was good. I am looking at Fragile Dreams and Cursed Mountain (though I played Cursed Mountain a bit a while back, and thought it was a bit slow and boring). I guess I really just want to play something with a good story, something gripping. Thats what really got me into Silent Hill. I was a huge fan of the first four games, and it was a nice homage to those, as well as having a good story.

Games I have enjoyed in the past that I think fit into what I am looking for: Hotel Dusk, Siren and Siren 2, Silent Hill 2, Nanashi no Game. Not really looking for something as epic as LA Noire, but a good story would be nice. I haven't been able to find anything, and some people tell me I'm on the wrong console. Not quite ready to jump ship, haha. I'll take recommendations for stuff on gamecube, or VC too!

Endless Darkness is a must if you like horror and story based games. Another great story game is Killer 7. There is so much going on in that game its mind bending. It's a love / hate game but if you 'get' it than it's an experience that will stay with you. Beyond Good and Evil is also an excellent GC pick.

Cursed Mountain is very slow but does get better as it goes on. The sense of isolation and atmosphere is good as long as you practice the motion controls to avoid frustration!

If you enjoyed Hotel Dusk than Another Code R is a good one. The Broken Sword port has a great storyline too if you like point and clicks.

Fragile Dreams is a really frustrating game. It has moments of sublime beauty and an emotional story but is marred by some truly horrible game mechanics like combat and backtracking. The story is enough to keep me playing but it can get annoying when your weapon breaks for the nth time!

Another choice is Dead Space: Extraction. For a rail shooter it has an incredible sense of atmosphere and a disturbing story. As you play you unlock comics that add to the mythos of the game.

My VC choice would be Majora's Mask. I much prefer it over OoT because of its story and that of the NPCs that populate the game. It's a creepy experience (THE MOON!) especially after reading the creepy pasta ghost story!

y0ss4ri4n

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tsuchinoko

426. Posted:

Thanks for the list. I guess I can try Cursed Mountain. As I had seen it, there was really no people to interact with in the game, no real dialogue, no "human" interaction. The sense of isolation was well done, but without engaging NPCs to interact with, it made the slowness of the game more evident. Its the same thing that bored me about the first Fatal Frame.

I did place Another Code for the DS, but since I live in NA the Wii one is unavailable.
Huge Zelda fan, so of course I already have Majora's Mask ;)

I got a lot out of games with great stories but horrible gameplay mechanics like Rule of Rose and SH:Shattered Memories, both of which frustrated me but kept me in with the story. Its funny how rare story-driven games are these days, I guess I never really thought about it. I mean, I have Smash Brothers and Monster Hunter, which I play failry often, but not as much these days since I'm craving something with a good story. Because of that I've been bored with video games the past few days. I'm fine with games that focus on really fun gameplay and graphics like Super Mario Galaxy or House of the Dead, but I would like to have at least one story-driven game in my collection at any given time.

BTW not much into rail shooters. Thats why I got bored with House of the Dead, and never really picked up either of the Resident Evil Chronicles games.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:Bravely Default, 極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei)モンスターハンター3G (Monster Hunter 3G)二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni)Looking forward to: Monster Hunter 4

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

427. Posted:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Speaking of horror games, anybody here played Ju-On: The Grudge? It got extremely poor reviews from the critics, but the people I've seen playing the game were genuinely scared to death...

Yeah, I have the game. Critics panned it because it's not much of a game. It's slow and ponderous and quite simple. What it does do well is be creepy. So, if you're looking for an experience rather than a game, go ahead.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

spizzamarozzi

428. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Speaking of horror games, anybody here played Ju-On: The Grudge? It got extremely poor reviews from the critics, but the people I've seen playing the game were genuinely scared to death...

Yeah, I have the game. Critics panned it because it's not much of a game. It's slow and ponderous and quite simple. What it does do well is be creepy. So, if you're looking for an experience rather than a game, go ahead.

cheers man, very helpful. Think I'm gonna get it, it's cheap and I'm in the right mood for a scare.

Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi
3DS friend code: 0104 - 0649 - 7464

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

429. Posted:

@SKTTR You said you've begun the second episode of VK:ES, well I have a question. Does your character keep all of the items, armor and weapons he has collected from the first episode? Or does he at least have access to them at a later time? Because it would really suck if I had to buy everything all over again. )<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

430. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

@SKTTR You said you've begun the second episode of VK:ES, well I have a question. Does your character keep all of the items, armor and weapons he has collected from the first episode? Or does he at least have access to them at a later time? Because it would really suck if I had to buy everything all over again. )<:

That's a pretty big spoiler you're asking from me. Here it goes:

  • SPOILER The first episode is just for getting women of various races to know. After choosing a wife and beating the first episode you start episode 2 playing as your in-game child, a young warrior, an all-new character. You still have access to your fathers item box though.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

431. Posted:

Ooops sorry @SKTTR, I already knew that spoiler and I geuss everyone else does too now. I just wanted to know if I'd still have access to everything I've collected so far. You can edit most of that post if you wish. One more thing @SKTTR, is it true that any skills you master (level 5) in the first episode will already be unlocked for your "character" in the second?

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

432. Posted:

From what I experienced, I think all the items in your item box carry over.
And all the skills you've unlocked are still unlocked, although most of them reset to level 1 or 2.

PS. I wouldn't call a skill on level 5 mastered. Mastering is when it's maxed out (at level 10 I believe).

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

433. Posted:

@SKTTR you got any tips for the first episode? Can I fight the dragon in the Rhinos Mountains before the story takes me to that point? I accidentally ran into him while grinding levels there and I was contemplating on fighting him. With Cassius by my side of course. When does the game allow you to accumulate a level 10 skill set?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

434. Posted:

If you mean that dragon that is flying above that area and shoots fireballs, then yes, if you can see it you can fight it. It might give you some unique item drop but other than that it isn't really worth the hassle.

Level 10 "skill set"? I'm not sure if we talk about the same thing. The first thing I did was pushing some of my thief skills very early in the game up to level 10. There were no limits or restrictions. Once you get enough EXP for a level up, you always get some skill points to freely distribute to your skills.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

435. Posted:

Yeah that's the dragon @SKTTR and do I need to use a bow and arrow to kill him? I don't really care about the item pickup, I'm just looking for some quick exp. pts. I've been strictly leveling a fighter, I'm currently at level 20. But I've already maxed out four fighting skills at 5, which are assigned with a ☆. Currently the game won't allow me to assign anymore skill points to those skills. I've only completed the very first two quests available at the guild. I believe the first was for Aiden killing rabbits. There haven't been any other quests available at the guild since, do I need to finally switch jobs so that more quests become available? Heh, now I have to grind 5,000 exp. pts. to assign 1 skill point. lol (<:
@SKTTR I'm referring to skill points not status points. I've currently maxed out Strength, Sword, Great Sword and Sheild.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

436. Posted:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Speaking of horror games, anybody here played Ju-On: The Grudge? It got extremely poor reviews from the critics, but the people I've seen playing the game were genuinely scared to death...

Yeah, I have the game. Critics panned it because it's not much of a game. It's slow and ponderous and quite simple. What it does do well is be creepy. So, if you're looking for an experience rather than a game, go ahead.

cheers man, very helpful. Think I'm gonna get it, it's cheap and I'm in the right mood for a scare.

I'm getting this one too, for Halloween that is. B-)
How are the Wii Pointer Flash Light controls by the way? Silent Hill: Shattered Memorie's were amazing.

Anyways, Epic Mickey is another I'm mixed on picking up, but knowing me I'll most likely give in.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

437. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Yeah that's the dragon @SKTTR and do I need to use a bow and arrow to kill him? I don't really care about the item pickup, I'm just looking for some quick exp. pts. I've been strictly leveling a fighter, I'm currently at level 20. But I've already maxed out four fighting skills at 5, which are assigned with a ☆. Currently the game won't allow me to assign anymore skill points to those skills. I've only completed the very first two quests available at the guild. I believe the first was for Aiden killing rabbits. There haven't been any other quests available at the guild since, do I need to finally switch jobs so that more quests become available? Heh, now I have to grind 5,000 exp. pts. to assign 1 skill point. lol (<:
@SKTTR I'm referring to skill points not status points. I've currently maxed out Strength, Sword, Great Sword and Sheild.

If you get close to the dragon he will lower his altitude so that you can hit it with a melee weapon (you don't need bow&arrow). The few EXP he gives are not worth it, it's a complete waste of time. Find a better place to grind. Like the mountains or the forest.

I never got a ☆ and I don't know why you are maxed at 5. Maybe you should progress with the story or do some quests?!
Pick quests where you are allowed to have a sidekick around so you don't have to waste money for re-hiring Cassius. When you complete all quests that allow a sidekick, you can still fire him and complete all the solo quests.

I always changed jobs once I hit Job Level 20. So change your job now! It makes leveling up your stats much easier!!
I recommend a job change to priest or thief. With priest skills you can heal yourself and don't need items anymore.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

438. Posted:

@SKTTR I've maxed out Strength, Sword, Great Sword and Sheild all with only 5 skill points assigned so far. That's strange if that never occurred to you. Oh well, I did think about switching to either the priest or mage jobs. I'm not worried about finding more Ginny @SKTTR, why do you recommend the theif job? And when and how do I get my Active Job Skills? I would've progressed the story, but I wasn't sure if I should. Because Aiden asked if there were anymore quests I wanted to partake in at the guild first. One last thing @SKTTR, what happens to my equipment after I change jobs?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

439. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

@SKTTR I've maxed out Strength, Sword, Great Sword and Sheild all with only 5 skill points assigned so far. That's strange if that never occurred to you. Oh well, I did think about switching to either the priest or mage jobs. I'm not worried about finding more Ginny @SKTTR, why do you recommend the theif job? And when and how do I get my Active Job Skills? I would've progressed the story, but I wasn't sure if I should. Because Aiden asked if there were anymore quests I wanted to partake in at the guild first. One last thing @SKTTR, what happens to my equipment after I change jobs?

1. Yeah, that's strange. I will look into my game when I'm home this evening.

2. The thief job has an active skill that gets you random loot in battles. More items = more money to make. It also has an evasion skill and makes you faster. The priest has a skill that heals you automatically slowly when you stand still, so that's another good one, or was that the mage?!
There's an option in the in-game menu where you can assign active skills.
You can do the quests later if you want. I beat all quests first and then make progress with the main plot. It's easier that way, because the main plot always has a boss, and you need to be strong enough to beat it, so it's always better to save the main plot for last and do the sidequests first.

3. You keep your equipment, but you might have to change weapons.

PS: I wanted to move this discussion to the Eldar Saga thread but I can't find it.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiAboutU

440. Posted:

@SKTTR I created a friend code thread for VK:ES in the Online Gaming forum. If you want to further this discussion there we may.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863