Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 441 to 460 of 961

AuthorMessage

TitanBryan

441. Posted:

Would recommend monster hunter tri awesome

I know Mario personally as I caught him in a pokeball!
3ds Friend code; 1934 0713 8215
PSN ID: TitanBryan
Follow me on twitter to support Pokemon Hoenn remake!!!!

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

442. Posted:

Going to fire up a little Dead Space: Extraction tonight. :D
I'm also rocking a Nyko perfect shot, and I was wondering if in fact the game plays better with the Perfect Shot + Nunchuck or just the Wii Remote by itself + the nunchuck? OR can you even use the Wii remote by itself?

Untitled

Anyways, so far I've played 3 On rail shooters for the Wii which are > RE: Umbrella Chronicles, HOTD: Overkill and HOTD 2 & 3 Return. Without a doubt HOTD 2 destroys both of the other 2. RE:UC was such a *half * dissapointment, while Overkill was hands down thee' worst HOTD game I've ever played....Wicked Grindhouse funky presentation aside, it was just so low grade in comparison to HOTD2. bumping it down to a chuggy 30fps, with piss poor easy boss battles, with stages that draged into tediousness and boredum ect ect.

I just HATE it when a Japanese developer hands over the rights to some american devloper to take on the next sequal in the franchise.....90 perfect of the time we get a completely iffy inferior take on the franchise, there are exceptions however like Punch-Out!!(for ex) for the wii which turned out to be absolutely fantastic. B-)

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

443. Posted:

If your a Dead Space fan and don't already own it on PS3, I highly recommend Extraction just like WaveBoy did. It explains a lot story wise and if you give it a chance it will more than likely draw you in like it did to me and my friends. The only thing that stinks about it - other than the short time span it takes to complete - is the fact its on rails. If it played like the other Dead Spaces... it would have been definitely 10x better. xD

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

444. Posted:

I actually have Dead Space on the PS3, but I haven't even played it yet aside from the Demo. :p
I think what's honestly throwing me off are the dual analog controls for aiming and the like. Once I experienced Metroid Prime 3's jaw dropping immersive and amazing Wii pointer controls, that was it, there's no way i could turn back.....But I had to for Resident Evil 5....Took a bit of time for me to adjust, but i guess i managed.

Anyways, I can't see myself using a the Nyko Perfect Shot AND the nunchuck at the same time for DS: Extractoin, it just feels uncomfortable. Unless this were like RE: Darkside Chronicles where you had the Option of not using the nunchuck, which then would alow you to hold onto the Nyko perfect shot with two hands 'Arcade Light Gun style'

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

445. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Going to fire up a little Dead Space: Extraction tonight. :D
I'm also rocking a Nyko perfect shot, and I was wondering if in fact the game plays better with the Perfect Shot + Nunchuck or just the Wii Remote by itself + the nunchuck? OR can you even use the Wii remote by itself?

Untitled

Player 2 can play with just the Wiimote. You'll have to use the nunchuk.

Also, that's not a Wii screen shot. The Wii version looks like this. Untitled

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

446. Posted:

Well....I put in almost 3 hours of Dead Space: Extraction last night, and here's where the Wavester' stands. :p
Right off the bat, when the in-game graphics popped on the screen i was actually kind of blown away....This game looks totaly superior to RE: Umbrella Chronicles and HOTD: Overkill...There's No comparison. The voice acting is top notch, the visuals again look fantastic and are some of the best I've ever see on the Wii...It's like you're playing an interactive movie....But a large chuck of me wishes that this would of been a movie instead.

To be honest I'm just not having that much fun with it at all....What's keeping me clinging on is too find out who dies and who makes it out of this mess, and because it has that movie-like cinamatic flare.....Normally people would complain in this instance since it totaly over rides the actual gameplay in spots, but Dead Space's gameplay just doesn't work that well for On Rails imo. It's too slow, it's tedious, the score is boring and generic hollywood crap, it would of benifited big time by using synth which could of created some great atmosphere, and again it's just not that enjoyable, nor is it scary at all.

So far I'm on Chapter 6, not sure how many chapters there are, but i still kind of feel like finishing it up to see what happens to the characters and so on. Anybody feel the same way about Extraction? It would of been so much better had we gotten a Dead Space game in the same 3rd person style as it's original PS3/360 release.

I mean yeesh, I feel like I'm becoming too picky, either that or my videogame days are waning....Nahhh, it can't be. I just had a blast previously with Zelda: Link's Awakening, well the first half especially at least.. :p

Maybe it's just the summer heat that is kicking my haha. Either way, Dead Space from a gameplay perspective kind of bores me, while the characters and plot have me semi-hooked. Also, I really dig those moments where you have to hack a Puzzle while taking down monsters....The puzzles themselves could of been a bit more complex and tricky, but they were fun nonetheless.

And finally, the game would of played miles better if you didn't need the nunchuck, THEN i could of used my nyko shot with both hands....Using one hand however doesn't feel right. I'm guessing even the 'zapper' feels and works better than using the standard wii remote by itself.

Edited on by theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

447. Posted:

Samurai Warriors 3, at least try it out.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

448. Posted:

I doubt I'll finish the rest of Dead Space: Extraction...maybe Still not sure i want to waste another 2-3 hours on it. :p
Dead Space aside which i won't be keeping, I've got Super Mario Galaxy 2, DKC Returns, A Boy & His Blob and No More Heroes 2 left to play in my Wii Collection.

I know I'll love SMG2, Donkey Kong and A Boy & his Blob, but NMH2 is the last iffy title i have left to mess with hehe. 8-Bit jobs + No horrible ugly annoying HUB World is a nice start! B-)

Also, I can't help but feel that DS: Extraction would of played so much better had they just let you use the stand alone Wii Remote with no nunchuck.....With the Nyko perfect shot. It's also annoying how you have to twist the wii remote to use your gun's alternate fire option, not only does it feel a bit iffy it takes too long to perform unlike the click of a button which gets the job done for Dead Space on the PS3.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

chiwii

449. Posted:

I was bored with Dead Space Extraction, and seeing what happened to the characters was the only thing that kept me playing to the end. Nothing else stood out. The game-play was repetitive (somewhat expected for an on-rails shooter, I suppose), and the environments were bland. I have no desire to ever play it again.

Waveboy, how would you rank DS:E in relation to the other on-rail shooters that you've played? I'm curious to know if you liked it more or less than RE:UC or HotD:Overkill. By the way, I agree with you on Overkill. The levels dragged on and on, and the gameplay was just boring. The story and characters were funny at first, but quickly became just stupid (I didn't find the ending funny at all - IMO, it was just dumb.)

I really like the Resident Evil Chronicles games. I thought UC was too hard at first, but once I got the hang of it, I enjoyed replaying levels to get a higher score. I'm still working on unlocking all of the levels. I've only played about 1/3 of DC, but from what I've played, it improved on UC in every way.

chiwii

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

450. Posted:

@chiwii

Is it even worth playing til the end? I'm not even sure if i wan't to continue. :p I'm currently on Chapter 6, and again it's not the actual gameplay that's keeping me around either.lol But again, just to find out what happens has me somewhat curious....I guess I might as well finish this one up considering I'm most likely almost finished with it.

as for where I'd rank DS: Extraction?....Well, I think RE:UC and HOTD: Overkill all have their streangths and weaknesses but overall I've been let down by all of them. HOTD: Overkill is the fastest paced of the 3, RE:UC is the most interesting especially for RE fans since it takes place during previous RE events, while DS Extraction plays out like a cinamatic interactive movie.

The problem with both RE and HOTD Overkill(especially) is that they just drag and drag....At least the playthrough during RE:UC in Racoon City. I also despise the boss battles in RE:UC, since they also take forever and because the bosses themselves have such a teeny tiny dead zone when it comes to hitting them in the right spot. it can be pretty damn tough and frustrating at times....It took what felt like ages to finish off Dr. Marcus's final form during the beginning of the RE Zero portion. :p And the aiming reticule was far too sensitive for my liking....I'm not too sure if there was an option to even calibrate it.

Personally though, i feel that Overkill is the worst of the 3....Ya the grindhouse presentation was fun at first, but it got annoying after a while and the constant F-bombs were beginning to get a little 'too much'....And that Circus stage? That's the pure definition of 'DRAGING' But yup, I'd maybe have Dead Space tied up with UC....I wish i had the chance to play UC with just the Nyko Perfect shot and not the Wii remote + Nunchuck control scheme...I'm sure i would of had a better time with it. Also the zombies react horribly to bullets. lol There's no oomph! or satisfaction when popping a zombie either...it just lacks that impact that you get from HOTD.

But, I'm still totaly interested in picking up Darkside Chronicles, it looks miles better than UC in every way....And this time I'll have my Nyko perfect shot ready. B-) Other than that, HOTD 2 in HOTD 2 & 3 return is still thee' best light gun game for the Wii imo, even though it's been out for neons in the Arcades.lol It beats the living pants off of Overkill.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

451. Posted:

@Wavester Dead Space: Extraction is definitely worth finishing (there are only 10 chapters in story mode). I don't dig having to use the nunchuk, but if you keep playing you'll see at the finale why Visceral wanted to use it. I'd like the gameplay to be a little more like Ghost Squad personally, but that game is old and Dead Space: Extraction is still better by a hair than Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (non-stop shaky camera) or House of the Dead: Overkill (skippy crosshairs).

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

452. Posted:

Ya I might as well finish DS: Extraction up tonight since there are only 4 more chapters left to go...I need to get my 20 bodacious dollars worth after all. B-) But yup! Once again Extraction holds the player by the hand with it's weak difficulty and zero consequence gameplay....No worries about dieing! Since the game is practically butt-hurt easy.....Even those little fun mini laser beam hack puzzles were designed for baby troopers.

I should of stuck it on Hard mode. But hell....Even if you DO die you start right back where you left off....But can you blame EA? I'm sure nobody would want to bare through the massive amounts of dialogue and the in game movie-like cut scenes, and you can't even skip them. It's an interactive movie, where the movie-ness tends to always take over.

And Not only were the Crosshairs skippy in Overkill, try using 'no' reticule... the aiming accuracy is horrible....I couldn't calibrate it right for the life of me. HOTD 2 on HOTD 2 & 3 Return works flawlessly without a cross hair, it's Arcade-perfect. Plus, Overkill was the first HOTD to drop down to 30fps and it chugs on top of it all....Nor is it that pretty to look at. :p
And as for HOTD3, i was never too big on that one at all....Shotgun's replacing hand guns!? screw that! Plus it just didn't pack the same punch as 2, nor was it as memorable.

Also, can you adjust the cross hair sensitivity in Darkside Chronicles? Or even turn it off all together? And finally(hehe) can you just use the Wii remote by it'self instead of having to do the whole nunchuck + Wii remote combo?

Anyways, No More Heroes 2 is getting the love treatment next! I can't wait to hop up and down mario style down a glorified NES beach collecting 8-bit Pineapples. B-)

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

453. Posted:

@Waveboy If you want something that feels similar to Dead Space on DS and has a higher level of difficulty, you should check out Dementium: The Ward.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

454. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

@Waveboy If you want something that feels similar to Dead Space on DS and has a higher level of difficulty, you should check out Dementium: The Ward.

I own both of them bud! and I've beaten them both as well. :p
And it's funny, i found the original overall a better experience than the 2nd.....Even though the map was confusing, the hallways began to get repetitive, the enemy respawning was annoying and the save points were evil ect ect. :p If anything, the graphics were pretty damn fantastic, rocking at 60fps, the soundtrack was effective and the game was actually kind of creepy with one sad ending on top of it all.

DII however did a few things better, like introduing the mallet which was awesome for breaking down doors, that scary demon witch boss that you fought in the dark, an improved map(I think?) ect ect. But they totaly bumped up the sensitivity to the Stylus controls and i didn't like that, plus it made the animation look more artifical. The ending was also a slap to the face, and DII got a bit too shooter-like for it's own good. Both are decent games, by no means great though and in no way compare to Silent Hill or Resident Evil.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

455. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

can you adjust the cross hair sensitivity in Darkside Chronicles? Or even turn it off all together? And finally(hehe) can you just use the Wii remote by it'self instead of having to do the whole nunchuck + Wii remote combo?

You can't turn off the crosshairs in RE:DC. You can adjust the sensitivity though. There are 8 levels of sensitivity, the default level is 7. You can also use the Wiimote by itself, but you'll have to be mashing the A button a lot to pick up ammo, first aid, and money. I imagine pressing the A button over and over again would be awkward if you're using the Nyko Perfect Shot.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

456. Posted:

Ahh good to know, and I'll deal with using the A Button to pick up Ammo and the like. There's no way I'd wan't to put up with the Nunchuck + Wii Remote combo like i did in Umbrella Chronicles and DS: Extraction....Plus, again using the Nyko Perfect shot in one hand, with the Nunchuck in the other feels a little off and uncomfortable. I need two hands on the gun and that's that. B-)

And I never got around to playing the rest of Dead Space last night, i had another wicked crazy night of Insomnia, plust the midnight summer heat ended up slaying me. At that point I was way to weak, wired and irritated to play. :p

Also, how's Wii Party? And I can't justify spending the cash on Sonic Colors, i HATE Sonic with a passion. I may of had a genesis back then, but Sonic for some reason always put me in a bad mood. Ahhh, and then there's The Metal Slug Anthology collection. I've played MS2 and MS7, and i honestly only wan't to play MS3 which is considered to be the best. Knowing me all of that MS would be total overkill

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

Matillion

457. Posted:

Wii Party's one of the best party games out there for the Wii.
I have Anthology, I bought it for nostalgic purposes. Played it as a toddler on the PS2 with my cousin that I haven't seen in years. And 'bout Sonic Colours...I didn't really like it, but that's just me, I guess. The graphics were great, but the level design didn't really appeal to me and the bosses were mostly dull. <My opinion. Oh, and I know these games are old, but
Tatsunoko or Sonic and Sega Racing?

Edited on by Matillion

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

458. Posted:

Matillion wrote:

Tatsunoko or Sonic and Sega Racing?

Tough choice if you can only get one. Those are both awesome Wii games. I would pick Tatsunoko vs. Capcom because it's not on the Xbox 360 (yet). I did enjoy playing Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing more than TVC, but I like racing games better than fighting games. Especially fighting games filled with old school anime characters no one's ever heard of before.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

459. Posted:

I wasn't that big at all over Tatsunoku Vs Capcom....Mind you, I don't care for Marvel Vs Capcom either. the new one especially is just too fast paced, chaotic, choppy and too lightening anime-fast for it's own good at time. Plus, like Gamesake said, having zero connection or not knowing the other side of the roster is quite the turn off. I'm not into ultra japanese-y games anyways.

But still, i haven't put too much time into Tatsunoku, nor do I really care....Plus the music for the most part is depressing and takes on this lifeless techno(at times) Apporach...It makes the experience feel empty.

Also, is Epic Mickey really that Epic? :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

Link245

460. Posted:

Hello, I had posted something about buying Metroid Prime in the Retro Recommendations Thread (I would appreciate it if someone would answer me please), but I was wondering if Other M was a good place to start. I didn't like Prime Hunters and wasn't sure about Prime, but I had played a little bit of Super Metroid and liked it. I understand this game is kind of like the old games, and I am new to the Metroid series and am looking for a good starting point.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer