Forums

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 926

WiiAboutU

@SKTTR You said you've begun the second episode of VK:ES, well I have a question. Does your character keep all of the items, armor and weapons he has collected from the first episode? Or does he at least have access to them at a later time? Because it would really suck if I had to buy everything all over again. )<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

SKTTR

WiiAboutU wrote:

@SKTTR You said you've begun the second episode of VK:ES, well I have a question. Does your character keep all of the items, armor and weapons he has collected from the first episode? Or does he at least have access to them at a later time? Because it would really suck if I had to buy everything all over again. )<:

That's a pretty big spoiler you're asking from me. Here it goes:

• SPOILER The first episode is just for getting women of various races to know. After choosing a wife and beating the first episode you start episode 2 playing as your in-game child, a young warrior, an all-new character. You still have access to your fathers item box though.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

WiiAboutU

Ooops sorry @SKTTR, I already knew that spoiler and I geuss everyone else does too now. I just wanted to know if I'd still have access to everything I've collected so far. You can edit most of that post if you wish. One more thing @SKTTR, is it true that any skills you master (level 5) in the first episode will already be unlocked for your "character" in the second?

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

SKTTR

From what I experienced, I think all the items in your item box carry over.
And all the skills you've unlocked are still unlocked, although most of them reset to level 1 or 2.

PS. I wouldn't call a skill on level 5 mastered. Mastering is when it's maxed out (at level 10 I believe).

WiiAboutU

@SKTTR you got any tips for the first episode? Can I fight the dragon in the Rhinos Mountains before the story takes me to that point? I accidentally ran into him while grinding levels there and I was contemplating on fighting him. With Cassius by my side of course. When does the game allow you to accumulate a level 10 skill set?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

SKTTR

If you mean that dragon that is flying above that area and shoots fireballs, then yes, if you can see it you can fight it. It might give you some unique item drop but other than that it isn't really worth the hassle.

Level 10 "skill set"? I'm not sure if we talk about the same thing. The first thing I did was pushing some of my thief skills very early in the game up to level 10. There were no limits or restrictions. Once you get enough EXP for a level up, you always get some skill points to freely distribute to your skills.

WiiAboutU

Yeah that's the dragon @SKTTR and do I need to use a bow and arrow to kill him? I don't really care about the item pickup, I'm just looking for some quick exp. pts. I've been strictly leveling a fighter, I'm currently at level 20. But I've already maxed out four fighting skills at 5, which are assigned with a ☆. Currently the game won't allow me to assign anymore skill points to those skills. I've only completed the very first two quests available at the guild. I believe the first was for Aiden killing rabbits. There haven't been any other quests available at the guild since, do I need to finally switch jobs so that more quests become available? Heh, now I have to grind 5,000 exp. pts. to assign 1 skill point. lol (<:
@SKTTR I'm referring to skill points not status points. I've currently maxed out Strength, Sword, Great Sword and Sheild.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

SKTTR

WiiAboutU wrote:

Yeah that's the dragon @SKTTR and do I need to use a bow and arrow to kill him? I don't really care about the item pickup, I'm just looking for some quick exp. pts. I've been strictly leveling a fighter, I'm currently at level 20. But I've already maxed out four fighting skills at 5, which are assigned with a ☆. Currently the game won't allow me to assign anymore skill points to those skills. I've only completed the very first two quests available at the guild. I believe the first was for Aiden killing rabbits. There haven't been any other quests available at the guild since, do I need to finally switch jobs so that more quests become available? Heh, now I have to grind 5,000 exp. pts. to assign 1 skill point. lol (<:
@SKTTR I'm referring to skill points not status points. I've currently maxed out Strength, Sword, Great Sword and Sheild.

If you get close to the dragon he will lower his altitude so that you can hit it with a melee weapon (you don't need bow&arrow). The few EXP he gives are not worth it, it's a complete waste of time. Find a better place to grind. Like the mountains or the forest.

I never got a ☆ and I don't know why you are maxed at 5. Maybe you should progress with the story or do some quests?!
Pick quests where you are allowed to have a sidekick around so you don't have to waste money for re-hiring Cassius. When you complete all quests that allow a sidekick, you can still fire him and complete all the solo quests.

I always changed jobs once I hit Job Level 20. So change your job now! It makes leveling up your stats much easier!!
I recommend a job change to priest or thief. With priest skills you can heal yourself and don't need items anymore.

WiiAboutU

@SKTTR I've maxed out Strength, Sword, Great Sword and Sheild all with only 5 skill points assigned so far. That's strange if that never occurred to you. Oh well, I did think about switching to either the priest or mage jobs. I'm not worried about finding more Ginny @SKTTR, why do you recommend the theif job? And when and how do I get my Active Job Skills? I would've progressed the story, but I wasn't sure if I should. Because Aiden asked if there were anymore quests I wanted to partake in at the guild first. One last thing @SKTTR, what happens to my equipment after I change jobs?

Edited on by WiiAboutU

SKTTR

WiiAboutU wrote:

@SKTTR I've maxed out Strength, Sword, Great Sword and Sheild all with only 5 skill points assigned so far. That's strange if that never occurred to you. Oh well, I did think about switching to either the priest or mage jobs. I'm not worried about finding more Ginny @SKTTR, why do you recommend the theif job? And when and how do I get my Active Job Skills? I would've progressed the story, but I wasn't sure if I should. Because Aiden asked if there were anymore quests I wanted to partake in at the guild first. One last thing @SKTTR, what happens to my equipment after I change jobs?

1. Yeah, that's strange. I will look into my game when I'm home this evening.

2. The thief job has an active skill that gets you random loot in battles. More items = more money to make. It also has an evasion skill and makes you faster. The priest has a skill that heals you automatically slowly when you stand still, so that's another good one, or was that the mage?!
There's an option in the in-game menu where you can assign active skills.
You can do the quests later if you want. I beat all quests first and then make progress with the main plot. It's easier that way, because the main plot always has a boss, and you need to be strong enough to beat it, so it's always better to save the main plot for last and do the sidequests first.

3. You keep your equipment, but you might have to change weapons.

PS: I wanted to move this discussion to the Eldar Saga thread but I can't find it.

Edited on by SKTTR

WiiAboutU

@SKTTR I created a friend code thread for VK:ES in the Online Gaming forum. If you want to further this discussion there we may.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

TitanBryan

Would recommend monster hunter tri awesome

I know Mario personally as I caught him in a pokeball!
3ds Friend code; 1934 0713 8215
PSN ID: TitanBryan
Follow me on twitter to support Pokemon Hoenn remake!!!!

Chrono_Cross

If your a Dead Space fan and don't already own it on PS3, I highly recommend Extraction just like WaveBoy did. It explains a lot story wise and if you give it a chance it will more than likely draw you in like it did to me and my friends. The only thing that stinks about it - other than the short time span it takes to complete - is the fact its on rails. If it played like the other Dead Spaces... it would have been definitely 10x better. xD

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Gamesake

WaveBoy wrote:

Going to fire up a little Dead Space: Extraction tonight.
I'm also rocking a Nyko perfect shot, and I was wondering if in fact the game plays better with the Perfect Shot + Nunchuck or just the Wii Remote by itself + the nunchuck? OR can you even use the Wii remote by itself?

Untitled

Player 2 can play with just the Wiimote. You'll have to use the nunchuk.

Also, that's not a Wii screen shot. The Wii version looks like this. Untitled

...in my pants.

chiwii

I was bored with Dead Space Extraction, and seeing what happened to the characters was the only thing that kept me playing to the end. Nothing else stood out. The game-play was repetitive (somewhat expected for an on-rails shooter, I suppose), and the environments were bland. I have no desire to ever play it again.

Waveboy, how would you rank DS:E in relation to the other on-rail shooters that you've played? I'm curious to know if you liked it more or less than RE:UC or HotD:Overkill. By the way, I agree with you on Overkill. The levels dragged on and on, and the gameplay was just boring. The story and characters were funny at first, but quickly became just stupid (I didn't find the ending funny at all - IMO, it was just dumb.)

I really like the Resident Evil Chronicles games. I thought UC was too hard at first, but once I got the hang of it, I enjoyed replaying levels to get a higher score. I'm still working on unlocking all of the levels. I've only played about 1/3 of DC, but from what I've played, it improved on UC in every way.

chiwii

Gamesake

@Wavester Dead Space: Extraction is definitely worth finishing (there are only 10 chapters in story mode). I don't dig having to use the nunchuk, but if you keep playing you'll see at the finale why Visceral wanted to use it. I'd like the gameplay to be a little more like Ghost Squad personally, but that game is old and Dead Space: Extraction is still better by a hair than Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (non-stop shaky camera) or House of the Dead: Overkill (skippy crosshairs).

...in my pants.

WiiAboutU

@Waveboy If you want something that feels similar to Dead Space on DS and has a higher level of difficulty, you should check out Dementium: The Ward.

Gamesake

WaveBoy wrote:

can you adjust the cross hair sensitivity in Darkside Chronicles? Or even turn it off all together? And finally(hehe) can you just use the Wii remote by it'self instead of having to do the whole nunchuck + Wii remote combo?

You can't turn off the crosshairs in RE:DC. You can adjust the sensitivity though. There are 8 levels of sensitivity, the default level is 7. You can also use the Wiimote by itself, but you'll have to be mashing the A button a lot to pick up ammo, first aid, and money. I imagine pressing the A button over and over again would be awkward if you're using the Nyko Perfect Shot.

...in my pants.

Matillion

Wii Party's one of the best party games out there for the Wii.
I have Anthology, I bought it for nostalgic purposes. Played it as a toddler on the PS2 with my cousin that I haven't seen in years. And 'bout Sonic Colours...I didn't really like it, but that's just me, I guess. The graphics were great, but the level design didn't really appeal to me and the bosses were mostly dull. <My opinion. Oh, and I know these games are old, but
Tatsunoko or Sonic and Sega Racing?

Edited on by Matillion

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic