Wii Forum

Topic: Wii Recommendations Thread

Showing 401 to 420 of 964

AuthorMessage

Bankai

401. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

Hey Waltz if Samurai Warriors is about Japanese history, is the story the same for all 3 games, if not whats different.

Sorry, only just saw this.

The overarching story is basically the same, yes, but it's presented in a very different way in each game. Samurai Warriors 3 and Chronicles on the 3DS, for instance, if you play both you'll have a very different experience of the same story.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

402. Posted:

So yup, I played Okami for a little over 2 hours....I really enjoyed the opening story, along with some of the in-game visuals involving the surreal black midnight sky with the shimmering stars in the distance, and especially the part where you use your brush to create a water bridge bursting with sparkles to get to the next floating Mini island. Talk about a dreamy surreal fiest for the eyes, which is what I love about gaming, 'Klonoa' is the perfect example.

But this is all visually speaking....I mean ya, i'm liking some of the environments and the music as well...Especially during the very beginning. But I'm just not finding it that fun at all to play....I didn't care at all for the combat when going toe to toe with enemies and the game gets a smidge too wordy at times for my liking....Then again, i had no problem at all putting up with the crazy amount of text in Super Paper Mario, but i loved most of that game, the worlds and especially the characters....I was so compelled to play it, unlike Okami...But meh, I've only put over 2 hours into it and it IS a 40 hour adventure, so who in the hell am I to really judge. :p

The farthest i got was after Susano thinks he sliced that giant boulder in half, which then led a path into a different area, where there seemed to be red smoke everywhere....Ya, i just didn't care to continue. This game isn't for me,The graphics also have a softer hazy blur to them, which i'm guessing was purposely done for the visual style and yadah yadah. Either way, i'm done with this one. I can't imagine wasting any more time on it....And for somebody that dislikes RPG's, I had a MUCH greater time with Chrono Trigger.

Okami is too japanese-y for my liking.....I wonder if Murumasa will be the same deal? :p

Edited on by theblackdragon

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Matillion

403. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Okami is too japanese-y for my liking.....I wonder if Murumasa will be the same deal? :p

Possibly. It includes the ability to become a badass ninja crusher tho.

By the way, there are lots of great ucoming games that'll hurt my wallet, but do you think Red Steel 2 would be worth buying?
So it feels better to have two Motion Plus games; Skyward and this.

Edited on by Matillion

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

404. Posted:

Matillion wrote:

By the way, there are lots of great ucoming games that'll hurt my wallet, but do you think Red Steel 2 would be worth buying? So it feels better to have two Motion Plus games; Skyward and this.

Get it. It's one of the great exclusive games we've had and, on the technical side (controls, graphics etc), it's world class. To be honest, there is SOMETHING that keeps this game from being an absolute must have, but it's something I still haven't figured out. Minor details though, the game is excellent, the controls work like a charm, the experience is unique, it is far superior than most of the FPSs crap being sold as "new products" on other consoles and it sells for no more than 16 euros shipping included in Europe (check out play.com), totally worth it.

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

405. Posted:

Matillion wrote:

By the way, there are lots of great ucoming games that'll hurt my wallet, but do you think Red Steel 2 would be worth buying? So it feels better to have two Motion Plus games; Skyward and this.

I wouldn't buy Red Steel 2 because it's a poor example of what Wii Motion Plus can do. It uses 1:1 motion only when you block.

If you want games that really use Wii Motion Plus, you're stuck with Wii Sports Resort, Wii Play Motion, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 or 12.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

406. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Matillion wrote:

I wouldn't buy Red Steel 2 because it's a poor example of what Wii Motion Plus can do. It uses 1:1 motion only when you block.

If you want games that really use Wii Motion Plus, you're stuck with Wii Sports Resort, Wii Play Motion, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 or 12.

You understand it makes as much sense as saying "I wouldn't buy Okami Wii cause it's a bad example of cover art work?". The game is good, the control works good, so what's not to like?
If you refuse to buy a great game just because it doesn't use the Motion plus 100%, then its no wonder that the best selling 3rd party game on Wii is Just Dance!!

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

407. Posted:

@spizzamarozzi You're right. Just because a game doesn't fully utilize Wii Motion Plus doesn't make it bad, but Red Steel 2's big selling point was Wii Motion Plus and it didn't deliver.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

BleachFan

408. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Without a doubt, it will be. The art style is distinctly Japanese (and beautiful, I might add), but if you're not into that sort of thing, it might not be too appealing. Also, all of the characters speak in their original Japanese voices, so that might bug you too. :P

So yeah, Muramasa is probably MUCH more "Japanese" than Okami. I personally think it's a fantastic game, but if you don't like the atmosphere, you may want to pass.

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

409. Posted:

True that @SKTTR, I'll probably finish the first episode before anyone from NA posts their friend code in the thread I created. But that might be a good thing. )<:

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

410. Posted:

Wow, are @SKTTR and I the only nintendolife members that actually own Eldar Saga? I guess it's going to be more difficult finding a cohort than I thought it was. )<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

Bankai

411. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Wow, are @SKTTR and I the only nintendolife members that actually own Eldar Saga? I guess it's going to be more difficult finding a cohort than I thought it was. )<:

I do, but I'm in Australia (UK), so I can't play with Americans.

It's a great game though, I agree.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

412. Posted:

Hey @WaltzElf, you should post your friend code then, @SKTTR is in your region and I'm sure he would appreciate a cohort. I created a NA thread, but I don't think an EU thread exists yet. (<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

413. Posted:

BleachFan wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Without a doubt, it will be. The art style is distinctly Japanese (and beautiful, I might add), but if you're not into that sort of thing, it might not be too appealing. Also, all of the characters speak in their original Japanese voices, so that might bug you too. :P

So yeah, Muramasa is probably MUCH more "Japanese" than Okami. I personally think it's a fantastic game, but if you don't like the atmosphere, you may want to pass.

If anything, I can probably appreciate Muramasa a little more considering it's a 2D Side Scroller....then again, it's also a hack & Slash. But, if I can snag it for cheap I'm more than willing to try it out. I like taking risks, because it's always awesome discovering a game you thought you wouldn't of liked turn out to be nothing short of awesomeness.

Zack & Wiki, Elebits and Excitebots are definitly the 3 for me that fit that tune. B-)

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

414. Posted:

Hey @WaveBoy, you can purchase a new copy of Muramasa for $12.79 right now at Amazon.com (<:

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

415. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Hey @WaveBoy, you can purchase a new copy of Muramasa for $12.79 right now at Amazon.com (<:

Yikes! Now that's a steal. But i won't be buying anymore games until i finish up my last 5 wii games. :p
A Boy & Blob, Super Mario Galaxy 2, No More Heroes 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Dead Space: Extraction.

For now on i'm only buying 2 Wii games at a time, finishing those 2 up and moving onto the next 1 or 2. Never will I again buy a butt-load of games at once, you feel completely overwhelemed and at times you feel like you just want to rush through them to get to the next. But when you're rocking just 2 unplayed games, you savour every second of them. :p

Now with that 40 hour adventure 'Okami' tossed out the window i no longer feel overwhelmed haha.
I'll probably grab Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles and Murumasa(or Wii Play Motion) next. Metroid: Other M and Golden Eye 007 are also going for pretty cheap as well. B-)

The last few Wii titles i played were Kirby's Epic Yarn, a visual and sounding feast for the eyes and ears, but ultimately offered next to no challenge, or a sense of satisfaction or reward. But for a relaxing candy caoted visually unique platformer, it completely delivered. Then I went through Resident Evil Zero: Archives....which is nowhere near bad as most RE nuts claim. And funny enough i enjoyed it a bit more than the Remake. But the remake felt too familur as I've already beaten through the original during it's PS1 release, plus in no way did it offer the same impact as the original, for some reason i didn't enjoy it as much at all, plus by then the RE gameplay forumla was getting stale.

Zero, now however felt completely fresh, especially because RE4 and RE5 were such a departure and have been around for what has felt like forever, so going back to the old mold felt kind of new again. And Zero had thee' best RE zombies yet, had some great brooding tunes and felt like a totaly mind f**** puzzles regarding how you had to manage your items with the dropping and swapping ect et which exteneding the leangth of the game. If anything it felt like a side game, and the lead baddie Marcus looked ultra lame and unfitting and those frog bio weapons were a complete unthreatening disgrace.lol It wasn't bad or great, for me passed as just being 'good' The Train Area was probably the most enjoyable area of the game as well, including parts of the Researcher Facility.

Next up was Sin & Punishment 2, while fantastic for what it is, it left me feeling cold. Must of been the lifeless characters, the gloomyish setting, and gundam-ish vibe to it all. Anyways, here i go rambling again.....Must...Stop.....Eek!...BlaKK! :p

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

416. Posted:

@WaveBoy I would purchase as soon as possible if I were you, before the stock runs out. At the price they're asking for this and GoldenEye, they most likely won't be in stock for much longer. )<:
I see what your saying, but look at it this way. If you have a large collection of games, you don't have to run any one game into the ground in a short period of time. You'll have a selection of titles to meet any of your specific urges whenever they arise. I usually get bored quicker with a lesser library, but to each his own I guess. (<:

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

417. Posted:

Heck I'm contemplating buying a copy of GoldenEye, if anything just to keep around unopened as a future prospect.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

418. Posted:

Holy cow, Samurai Warriors is good thanks Waltz. I don't see how other reviewers called the A.I umb (maybe for the weak soldiers but NOT the generals. I have it on normal and the generals are giving me a good challenge. It's keep when we keep clashing. Feels so great, I love using Saika (riffle). Even though it's hack and slash it doesn't seem repetitive to me... WHY is that? Maybe because to me the actual tactics and stuff make it not seem like a hack and slash idk.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

419. Posted:

Speaking of such anyone get Battalion Wars too, I was thinking of trying that out as well.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

420. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

@WaveBoy I would purchase as soon as possible if I were you, before the stock runs out. At the price they're asking for this and GoldenEye, they most likely won't be in stock for much longer. )<:
I see what your saying, but look at it this way. If you have a large collection of games, you don't have to run any one game into the ground in a short period of time. You'll have a selection of titles to meet any of your specific urges whenever they arise. I usually get bored quicker with a lesser library, but to each his own I guess. (<:

Oh, I never rush any game into the ground. Yet for me it's just that feeling of "Oh crap, I've got 7 other titles in my wii collection to complete" Ya it's cool to already 'have' them rocking standby, but again it overwhelms me. But to each their own. B-)

And right now while i feel i should fire up a Wii game, I have a huge urge to play Mega Man Zero 2 on my DS, which is the only DS game in my DS collection that i haven't beaten....Hmmmm, at this point, I wan't to start with something that's short but sweet.... either Dead Space: Extraction, A Boy & his Blob or Mega Man Zero 2 hehe.

And Muramasa seems to be at around $20 on Amazon.ca , seems like it's been that way forever. :p