Forums

Topic: Problem with my Wii system.

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

Shotgunryugan

So i haven't really ever made a topic,but i really need some help on this:
Basically i have been noticing since late last year that my Wii loves scratching disks,i noticed it when i bought Skyward Sword,it scratched it pretty badly,i decided to ignore it,then my Sonic Colors and Metroid Other M copies got scratched too and recently i bought Just Dance 3 and it also got scratched the first day.

I've had my Wii since summer 2007,so maybe it's happening because of age? i had it repaired on 2010(if i recall correctly)because it stopped reading disks,so it got fixed,but now i have the disk scratching problem,so can a mechanic repair the scratching problem too? or does a store sell anything that can help me avoid this problem?

I'd really appreciate any advice you could give me and sorry if it sounds confusing i am bad at explaining things ^.^'

Pokemon X-Electric Safari: Pikachu/Pachirisu/Luxio
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/images/WaluigiAndSushi.png

3DS Friend Code: 3625-8855-6496 | Nintendo Network ID: Shotgunryugan

theblackdragon

your wii itself is scratching discs? it may have something up inside the drive itself (idk if you have little cousins, brothers and sisters, or kids of your own who like to jam things inside electronics, haha) or something inside the drive may be broken and touching the surface of the disc as it spins in the drive. if you're comfortable with it, you could open the Wii yourself and see if there's anything in the drive (there are videos on YouTube that can walk you through the process of opening up your Wii), but if you're not comfortable you could go ahead and have it repaired again.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Shotgunryugan

theblackdragon wrote:

your wii itself is scratching discs? it may have something up inside the drive itself (idk if you have little cousins, brothers and sisters, or kids of your own who like to jam things inside electronics, haha) or something inside the drive may be broken and touching the surface of the disc as it spins in the drive. if you're comfortable with it, you could open the Wii yourself and see if there's anything in the drive (there are videos on YouTube that can walk you through the process of opening up your Wii), but if you're not comfortable you could go ahead and have it repaired again.

I've had a little cousin throw my Wii to the floor a couple of times playing racing games with the Gamecube controller(he likes to move a lot while playing,apparently he thinks the gamecube controller is a steering wheel or something :/)
I think it might be what you said about having something inside the drive then(since it has hit the floor a couple of times when my cousin plays and something maybe loose/broken).

I think i may damage the Wii if i try opening it myself,so i guess i'll have it repaired again then,thanks for the advice

OptometristLime

Wow that's a serious bummer!

I hope all of the discs still run?

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Shotgunryugan

thelastlemming wrote:

Wow that's a serious bummer!

I hope all of the discs still run?

They still work,i just don't like the fact that my Wii is scratching them so much(since they'll eventually stop working altogether if this keeps up):/
Oh and are they called "discs"? i always called them disks

the_shpydar

"Disc" = optical media (CDs, DVDs, etc)
"Disk" = magnetic media (floppy disks, hard drives, etc)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

SirSmugleaf

Could any of you help me: My Wii isn't working!!!!!!!!!!!

I have turned it on, all the cables are connected, it's on the right channel of my TV, and nothing comes up on my TV!!!!!!!!
Does anyone know what to do????
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

EDIT: Actually, just as I posted this, my brother got it working! Move along...

Edited on by SirSmugleaf

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.