Forums

Topic: Player's Choice

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

Hardy83

Well obviously there isn't players choice because that would mean Nintendo is being truthful when they say they want to bring the most value to the consumer.

4+ year old games at full price is not bring the most value to the consumer. It's milking the consumer.

Look at it from Nintendo's point of view. If enough people are stupid and keep buying this ridiculously old software at full price, why bother with a price drop?

They do it for DS and Wii, and most likely the 3DS and next Nintendo console.
You bet your butt that third parties, MS and Sony would be doing that if they could.

Hardy83

Tasuki

theblackdragon wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Player's Choice games annoy me. they always end up with some ugly yellow or green label smack dabbed on the front saying 'PLAYER's CHOICE'

that kinda annoys me too, but hey, cheap games are cheap games :3

I agree too TBD it annoys me when I look at my games collection and the Greatest Hits or Players Choice games stick out like a sore thumb among all the other Non Greatest Hits/Players Choice games. But for someone like me whos on a tight budget and doesnt have a whole lot of money to dedicate to buying games its sometimes the only way I can afford some of those games other than buying them used.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Moco_Loco

I would love Player's Choice games. Since Iwata refuses to lower the prices on most of the good Wii and DS games, I try to look for sales on the titles I really want. While $19.99 is one of my favorite prices for a retail game, I will occasionally go about $10-15 higher. I very rarely pay full price for retail games because my budget just can't take it.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

Wheels2050

I remember Reggie saying in an interview a month or two ago (I think it was with IGN, but can't be sure) that Nintendo might look at releasing some Player's Choice versions soon. "Now that we feel the system is at the right point" or something like that.

Who knows, though.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

kkslider5552000

btw: there probably should have been Player's Choice a while ago...but I also shouldn't have spent 55 dollars to buy a used copy of Mass Effect (no matter how awesome Mass Effect is)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Moco_Loco

@Wheels2050: I saw the same IGN interview. He did say that we are only now getting to the point where it might be worth considering, but only with the earlier titles to begin with. I still won't hold my breath since I haven't seen much in the way of DS Player's Choice (maybe that ugly repackaging of Hotel Dusk?).

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

SigourneyBeaver

Most Wii games are cheap enough if you look around online. Considering there's no budget range, I've seen the big games like Galaxy, Twilight Princess and Metroid Trilogy for at most £25. Often less depending on where I've seen them. The new play control games are dirt cheap. I got Smash Bros Brawl for £7 the other day and I've seen Monster Hunter Tri as low as £5 new.

Sigourney Beaver.

Wheels2050

I think they really need to do something about pricing - in Australia, you can buy a Wii console for $200, but the recommended retail price for first party Nintendo games is still $100. I buy my games online, but for someone who is going to buy them from a store what sort of impression does it give if the game is half the price of the console?

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

KingMike

I looked at EB Australia's site once. Very shameful if you people are being charged $50 for DS shovelware.
Considering "premium" US games are $40, that's just wrong.

KingMike

noblo601

Exactly, in effect (factoring in the current exchange rate between Australia and US, we are paying $105 US for games in Australia that they would get for what? $50?

What. A. Joke.

Players choice would definately be appreciated (though I too buy most games from the UK to make it slightly more affordable)

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

wiigamer93

i think they should release Player's Choice games because there are a lot of Nintendo games that came out years ago but are still £30/£40 which is pretty ridicolous

It's-a me, Mario!

HolyMackerel

There are Player's Choice games for the Wii in Japan. I think some games really deserve a re-release. Wario Land: Shake It!, Zack & Wiki, Okami, No More Heroes and Metroid Prime Trilogy would make for a good start for a Player's Choice series IMO.

HolyMackerel

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.