Forums

Topic: GoldenEye Discussion Thread (OMG OMG OMG)

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,080

Adam

I thought I knew you.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

JonWahlgren

It's all TIE Fighter's fault. It was the first mouse-look game I played for any extended period of time (read: way too much) and wired me that way.

I have no regrets.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

warioswoods

Actually, I prefer that inverted be the default. It just feels right. If you're implementing the Wiimote optimally in an FPS, though, there's no inversion involved, just pointing.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

theblackdragon

Panda wrote:

It's all TIE Fighter's fault. It was the first mouse-look game I played for any extended period of time (read: way too much) and wired me that way.

I have no regrets.

i blame Star Fox 64 myself, lol

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Mono05

I don't like FPS...But I loved GoldenEye for the N64. So I know I'll be picking this up.

Wii FC:5191-5381-0878-4626
Mario Kart Wii FC:3352-6384-5091
Tetris Party Deluxe FC: 090465065880
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11: Moe0521
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom FC: 1935-2104-2320

Tasuki

Very nice the more I see of this game the more I cant wait for it to come out. Anyone know why Daniel Craig is Bond instead of Pierce Brosnan?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

fireyoshi09

iv'e always wanted to play golden eye on the 64, but now i can play it on wii, cant wait!

fireyoshi09

Tasuki

theblackdragon wrote:

@Tasuki: i believe i read someplace that they wanted to hype up the new Bond. if it's not that, though, then idk :3

I guess that would make sense either that or Activision has a deal with Daniel Craig for his likeness since hes the current Bond and didnt want to have to make another deal with Pierce Brosnan.

No matter I will still get this game.

My Backlog

Adam

It may be that they already have the rights to use the likeness of whoever the current Bond is as part of their deal. Considering how much they are trying to make it look like the old game, it's my guess that this was either cheaper for them or their only possibility, not a deliberate choice to use the hype from the newer movies.

The newest trailer looks good. I might end up getting the game if only for single-player since split-screen so far looks kind of dull. I read that some levels will be quite similar, just different enough not to get sued.

Come on, friends,

Oregano

I was planning on skipping this game but the new trailer and screenshots show the detail a bit better and honestly it looks pretty good, I mean graphically as well. It looks a bit rough around the edges but the art style looks good and they seem to have put details in all the right places.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

theblackdragon

@Adam: i didn't mean 'they' as in Activision, i meant 'they' as in 'whoever owns the rights to Bond and licensed Goldeneye to Activision', lol. I don't really care which guy is in it, just so long as the gameplay is solid.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

theblackdragon wrote:

@Adam: i didn't mean 'they' as in Activision, i meant 'they' as in 'whoever owns the rights to Bond and licensed Goldeneye to Activision', lol. I don't really care which guy is in it, just so long as the gameplay is solid.

Lol ah ok well I know that Activison/Blizzard has the video games rights to Bond for now. One of the reasons they are making this game is cause there wont be any new Bond movies for them to make games off of so they decide to do a GoldenEye remake rather than have the license and not do anything.

As for the GoldenEye N64 License I believe that is owned by Microsoft due to them buying out Rare a few years ago. So the game and coding and all that is Microsoft property hence why GoldenEye N64 wont be coming to VC or XBLA anytime soon.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

dangermouseuk78

Its safe to say that Microsoft doesnt own the rights to the Goldeneye Licence even if they did buy Rare as there wouldnt of been a new game at all and i doubt there was much stopping the new game recreating the old one how ever its a reimaging. Not sure about the coding property if thats true there nothing stopping them from naming it something else a releasing it. I dunno about others but Rares not a huge loss as just as ever the release a game once every blue moon.

dangermouseuk78

Adam

Rare owns the game design. They reused the Goldeneye maps in Perfect Dark XBLA recently, just not labeled as "LOOK ITS THE GOLDENEYE LEVELS, FEATURING JAMES B-ND."

Activision holds the Bond license. They're reusing the Goldeneye name, story, and aesthetic.

It's not that complicated.

Come on, friends,

Tasuki

weirdadam wrote:

Rare owns the game design. They reused the Goldeneye maps in Perfect Dark XBLA recently, just not labeled as "LOOK ITS THE GOLDENEYE LEVELS, FEATURING JAMES B-ND."

Activision holds the Bond license. They're reusing the Goldeneye name, story, and aesthetic.

Yep its what Adam said.

My Backlog

Oregano

weirdadam wrote:

Also, Nintendo owns the distribution rights to the original game which is why Microsoft wasn't free to rerelease it on XBL. That's about it though.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Adam

Well, true, but it's not the only reason. Activision wouldn't let them either since they have exclusive rights to release Bond games right now, though I suppose Activision could have made a deal with Microsoft if that were the only hold against it.

Come on, friends,

Oregano

weirdadam wrote:

Well, true, but it's not the only reason. Activision wouldn't let them either since they have exclusive rights to release Bond games right now, though I suppose Activision could have made a deal with Microsoft if that were the only hold against it.

Yup, after the COD deal I doubt Activision would have blocked it, they would have took a cut of the proceeds and let them go ahead... although when it was proposed EA might have still had the license(?)

Hm... I'd like to see comparison between Goldeneye Wii and Bloodstone, the character model for Bloodstone's Daniel Craig looks off for some reason whereas the Goldeneye doesn't despite obviously being lower poly... maybe it's just me.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.