Forums

Topic: Epic Mickey

Posts 161 to 167 of 167

Tafted

People who have played it have described the gameplay as Banjo Kazooie mized with Mario Sunshine with a few Zelda style adventure elements thrown in. Which sounds great to me.

Tafted

hulklol123456789

Tafted wrote:

People who have played it have described the gameplay as Banjo Kazooie mized with Mario Sunshine with a few Zelda style adventure elements thrown in. Which sounds great to me.

Thats sound awesome, specially because Banjo Kazzoi and Super Mario Sunshine are truly great game, Zelda too

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

Kid_A

Super pumped for this! I preordered it a couple weeks ago and I've been re-watching all the classic Mickey cartoons to hype myself up even more. I'm not expecting it to be as good as Galaxy 2 or Epic Yarn or DK but if they really nail what they're going for, it actually could be.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Xyphon22

OK, this will have spoilers if anyone hasn't played this game yet. So, does this game get any better? I wanted it because I love Disney and I thought the nostalgia of it would be awesome, and the whole "playstyle matters" thing sounded cool. I'm not very far in yet (I just found Oswald and am going to Tomorrow City), but so far the game is just pretty dull and neither of those two things are impressive. The playstyle doesn't seem to matter. I thinned out all of OsTown trying to find the third phone box and nobody cared, and then it was all back to normal anyways when I left and came back. And so far there isn't much as far as classic Disney stuff. The 2D transition sections are pretty simple and boring, and those are what I was most looking forward to. I don't care about what most people have been complaining about (camera, etc.) but the game just isn't that fun so far. Does the game, and these 2 aspects specifically, get better? I ask because I have so many other games I still need to get to (Xenoblade, Last Story, Sticker Star, VLR, Mario U, Arkham City) so I'd rather not waste my time anymore on this game if it is going to stay this boring. Thanks.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Banker-Style

MickeyJunk Mountain was probably the best level in the game.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I've decided I'm just not gonna get Epic Mickey. It's just not my kinda game.

Besides, I'm not a big fan of Mickey Mouse, anyways.

Not your kinda game? Its a 3D platforer with some 2D platformer part and adventure. It like saying zelda, super mario bros and super mario galaxy are not your type of games...

Zelda, Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy aren't my kinda game. With that said, I just don't like the looks of the gameplay. I was expecting a unique game with an interesting story, but the story doesn't sound like it'll appeal to me, and the gameplay, while it is unique, almost comes off as...gimmicky, I guess. It just feels like they coud've gone further. I'll still hold out for a review, but in the mean time, it's going off of my wishlist until I find a reason to put it back on.

I never did find a reason to put it back on. Just saying.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Xyphon22

Yeah, if Mickeyjunk Mountain is supposed to be the best level, I think I'll be moving on to another game. I don't know, the gameplay just isn't clicking with me. Playing Mario U now. Much more fun. Thanks for the info, everbody.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.