Wii Forum

Topic: Epic Mickey

Showing 141 to 160 of 217

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

141. Posted:

lz2010 wrote:

@WaveBoy: Funny you should mention it looks artificial...because CGI is artificial ;)

I agree, but I dunno if they could bring him back in all of his glory

Yep, but i forget CG is artificial once i enter the wonderful world of Pixar. :D

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

142. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

nintendonerd0011 wrote:

I told my wife the other day that I'm looking forward to all the awesome games coming out in the next few months, and she asked which games are coming out, in which I told her "Epic Mickey". Not more than 2 seconds passed and she goes "YOU'RE BUYING A MICKEY MOUSE GAME?", and then she burst into laughter. I really had nothing to say, except that it's supposed to be really good, but she just couldn't stop laughing and repeating that a grown man is buying a Mickey Mouse game.

I figure a grown man playing a Mickey Mouse video game is no more ridiculous than a grown man playing any video game.

No offense, but she seems alittle close minded....I mean seriously.lol It's a bit of a bone head immature response if you ask me. I've stumbled into too many idiots that I know who respond the same way, it's pretty annoying. Not directed at your gf, just that type of response.

As for me I can't wait to get my hands on this game....Hell I even feel like buying those classic Mickey Mouse Cartoon DVD sets. they're simply put brilliant. But I'm also an artist, and I've loved and adored cartoons my whole life, too many great memories and so many inspirations. It's the escapism, the vibrant colors, the out of this world characters and awesomeness of it all. My heart will never get old, and I'll always be open minded. ;)

And I can't stand the people that brush Cartoons or anything overly colorful and kiddy looking off because they think it tarnishes their image....Yet deep down they know they love it(depending.lol). But they continue to be followers, and not being able to think for themselves, pretty sad actually. My brother is the perfect example of this, him and I are complete opposites....God do i hate gangasters! :O They are a complete waste.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

James

143. Posted:

@WaveBoy Saying "no offence" before saying something quite offensive about someone else's wife doesn't get you off the hook, dude. Same goes for adding "jk" at the end. Just a tip!

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

144. Posted:

Sorry, I wasn't exactly directing it at her :p...Was I? lol Nahh I'm just saying I've heard that type of response all before. The idiot comment wasn't directed at her, just to the people that i've heard one too many times say the same typical thing.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

145. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Dragon Ball Z is the most bad anime ever created, calling that childish is absolutely ridiculous. It deals with everything. It's nothing like Pokemon, Naruto, Bleach or those other mainstream anime shows you see on TV.

Except it never deals those themes in a mature manner. The action is fanciful and over ther top, the bad guys have no motivation outside of "cuz I'm evil", and the good good guys never have any motivations outside of "cuz its the right thing to do", despite possibly costing them their lives (not that it matters, since death is never more than a minor inconvenience). And of course, there's rarely much to the plot. Sure, it does dive into some issues, but most are forgotten as soon as the next bad guy shows up, which rarely takes long.

In other words, DBZ is no more mature than your average comic book. Even Naruto, Pokemon, and Bleach are more mature, as there's usually a greater degree of depth and character evolution, and even Pokemon deals with a wide variety of real-world issues.

Also, Waveboy, you picked the worst Sailor to have a crush on, since Sailor Neptune was a lesbian.:P

YoshiSage wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

but I feel anime is even more childish than video games.

Death Note.
Bleach.
Inuyasha.
Full Metal Alchemist.

That is all.

irken004 wrote:

@YoshiSage Those are pretty childish imo.

I didn't think anybody could say that with a straight fact unless you've honestly never watched them. Especially Full Metal Alchemist - http://anime.ign.com/articles/860/860537p1.html

Edited on by theblackdragon

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SuperMarioFan96

146. Posted:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/112/1129840p1.html

Someone from Junction Point answers a bunch of questions, including saying that "there are 'bunches and bunches' of variations on the ending." :)

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Popyman

147. Posted:

@nintendonerd: Your wife has some growing up to do...>_>

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

148. Posted:

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/112/1129840p1.html

Someone from Junction Point answers a bunch of questions, including saying that "there are 'bunches and bunches' of variations on the ending." :)

Alternate endings? That would really add a lot of replay value (although, as a Disney fan, I'm bound to play Epic Mickey over and over again) and it sounds like there won't be online or Pixar elements in the game. Pixar doesn't have any "forgotten" content anyway.

This is an article from Gamespot talking about the battle with an animatronic Captain Hook and the appearance of Pete Pan, with Pete dressing up as, you guessed it, Peter Pan.
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/adventure/disneyepicmickey/news.h...

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

SuperMarioFan96

149. Posted:

Even if the ending itself were not to change, you'd probably have to play the game multiple times to see all possible ways things in the game could happen, although I do hope there are multiple endings as well.

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

150. Posted:

@Gamesake: what? what?

I have always heard that the game was coming in nomeber 30th, and it is still coming in november 30th. Aren't you confusing it with Flip's Twisted World?

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

151. Posted:

Even the trailers say November 30

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

152. Posted:

Sorry amazon says November 30th: http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Epic-Mickey-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002...

AuthorMessage

blurays

153. Posted:

The release day of DIsney's Epic Mickey is still set for November 30 according to the official Disney website.
They may have already shipped some of the items within the bundled items since the release date is still a while
away and if the other items are already in stock they would have to hold everything else until Epic Mickey's release.

blurays

AuthorMessage

SkullMan

154. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

nintendonerd0011 wrote:

I told my wife the other day that I'm looking forward to all the awesome games coming out in the next few months, and she asked which games are coming out, in which I told her "Epic Mickey". Not more than 2 seconds passed and she goes "YOU'RE BUYING A MICKEY MOUSE GAME?", and then she burst into laughter. I really had nothing to say, except that it's supposed to be really good, but she just couldn't stop laughing and repeating that a grown man is buying a Mickey Mouse game.

I figure a grown man playing a Mickey Mouse video game is no more ridiculous than a grown man playing any video game.

She's right though kind of. I'm a grown man and a gamer, and I think it would be a bit ridiculous of me playing a Mickey Mouse game aimed at children, rather than a game tailored for adults like Call of Duty of Gran Turismo. At 25 I can't be playing pokemon and I don't want to, I played the first one and that was it. That being said anyone at any age can enjoy any game they want.

But a grown dude willingly wanting to play a Mickey Mouse game does sound a bit ridiculous. Unless he is buying it to play with his child and bond.

Edited on by SkullMan

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

AuthorMessage

hulklol123456789

155. Posted:

@SkullMan, its not more ridiculus than a grown dude wanting to play a game in the one the main character is a monkey.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

156. Posted:

SkullMan wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

nintendonerd0011 wrote:

She's right though kind of. I'm a grown man and a gamer, and I think it would be a bit ridiculous of me playing a Mickey Mouse game aimed at children, rather than a game tailored for adults like Call of Duty of Gran Turismo. At 25 I can't be playing pokemon and I don't want to, I played the first one and that was it. That being said anyone at any age can enjoy any game they want.

But a grown dude willingly wanting to play a Mickey Mouse game does sound a bit ridiculous. Unless he is buying it to play with his child and bond.

What if he or she is a Disney fan? Is it ridiculous for Disney fans to eagerly anticipate Epic Mickey? There are just as many casual Disney fans that are excited for this as are gamers. I hope you know that this isn't the typical Disney video game, this one is for real. And I really hope that you don't think it's anywhere near kiddy, because just look at the screenshots of Wasteland and the Phantom Blot.

Spector and Junction Point will tell you that Epic Mickey is meant to appeal to everyone, not just kids. After all, isn't that what Disney's all about? It appeals to kids with Mickey Mouse and older players with its dark atmosphere and depth.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

RandomApple7

157. Posted:

NintyFan wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

nintendonerd0011 wrote:

What if he or she is a Disney fan? Is it ridiculous for Disney fans to eagerly anticipate Epic Mickey? There are just as many casual Disney fans that are excited for this as are gamers. I hope you know that this isn't the typical Disney video game, this one is for real. And I really hope that you don't think it's anywhere near kiddy, because just look at the screenshots of Wasteland and the Phantom Blot.

Spector and Junction Point will tell you that Epic Mickey is meant to appeal to everyone, not just kids. After all, isn't that what Disney's all about? It appeals to kids with Mickey Mouse and older players with its dark atmosphere and depth.

Great Statment.

Edited on by RandomApple7

RandomApple7

AuthorMessage

SkullMan

158. Posted:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

@SkullMan, its not more ridiculus than a grown dude wanting to play a game in the one the main character is a monkey.

I'd say so. Please don't take shots at me and my love for donkey kong country, the new one is merely a fan service of nostalgia. I'm not into starting arguments and I have no idea how old you are. I'm saying that a grown dude wanting to play a Mickey Mouse can be viewed as very childish and immature. And while gaming in general can viewed ignorantly like that, a 25 year old dude wanting to play Mickey Mouse, Kirby, is going to get a hell of a harder time than a dude playing madden, call of duty, and red dead redemption.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

AuthorMessage

SuperMarioFan96

159. Posted:

@SkullMan Donkey Kong is "merely a fan service of nostalgia," but Epic Mickey is......

Mickey Mouse appeals to everyone. Classic Disney cartoons, like the original Looney Tunes cartoons, appeal to all ages, not just kids. I don't see how playing a game about Mickey Mouse that has a lot of dark themes is any more "childish" than a playing a very cartoony game about an ape, or even playing a game about a plumber who stomps on weird brown mushrooms and turtles and collects mushrooms to make him grow bigger and rides around on a green dinosaur and.....

My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

RandomApple7

160. Posted:

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

@SkullMan Donkey Kong is "merely a fan service of nostalgia," but Epic Mickey is......

Mickey Mouse appeals to everyone. Classic Disney cartoons, like the original Looney Tunes cartoons, appeal to all ages, not just kids. I don't see how playing a game about Mickey Mouse that has a lot of dark themes is any more "childish" than a playing a very cartoony game about an ape, or even playing a game about a plumber who stomps on weird brown mushrooms and turtles and collects mushrooms to make him grow bigger and rides around on a green dinosaur and.....

Your right about that.Lol great description of mario.

RandomApple7