Forums

Topic: Black Ops reviews and discussions

Posts 201 to 220 of 250

Z_Bone

SkullMan wrote:

z wrote:

Wow, I just realized that there are actually 4 snow levels. Array, Grid, Summit, and WMD. Is that really necessary? I wish they would make some maps that weren't the same old war torn environments. The closest thing to what I am thinking is Nuketown, but why stop there? How about a fight in a mall or a grocery store? How about a fight on a farm where you can use cows as meat sheilds. Or a real neighborhood, not like Nuketown that is just two houses. Going through people's houses or backyards and seeing dogs on chains or hiding behind some guy's sweet sports car as it gets riddled with bullets. Do these ideas sound cool to anybody else?

Nuketown is a nuketown though, and it's meant to be small. Those ideas sound good in theory but the maps need to make sense within the context of the game, battles in middle town America would make more sense in MW2 where the battle was on our turf.

But for Black Ops in Cold War Era not so much. There need to be levels used in the single player and zombie mode, such as the science labs...that would make one sick level. Or perhaps the Vorkuta prison camp or underground tunnels?

I'm a huge fan of the snow maps here though much more than in MW2. WMD and Array put to shame Derail and Sub Base.

True. Maybe my ideas would work better for DLC, where they could experiment.

Do the Mario!

SkullMan

I don't think we will see those for DLC either. Most likely we will get 4 online maps and a zombie map with each pack.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Chrono_Cross

I doubt the DLC will be worth it.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

SkullMan

I beg to differ, it usually is. The first map pack for COD 4 was amazing, I bought all 3 for world at war...technically 5 though, 3 for the 360 and 2 for the PS3, since I also own WAW for both systems.

What sucks for wii owners is that i don't think they get the option for maps huh?

Edited on by SkullMan

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

Ravage

And charge $20 for each pack.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Chrono_Cross

SkullMan wrote:

I beg to differ, it usually is. The first map pack for COD 4 was amazing, I bought all 3 for world at war...technically 5 though, 3 for the 360 and 2 for the PS3, since I also own WAW for both systems.

I was talking about DLC in general, and even in CoD I don't find them to be worth it at all in the end.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Bankai

Chrono Cross wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

I was talking about DLC in general, and even in CoD I don't find them to be worth it at all in the end.

You just haven't come across a game that you like enough that has DLC. DLC is for the bigger fans of a given game, as man unnecessary extra, but one they'll get a kick from.

For me personally there's been a few games with DLC I like - Just Dance 2, Dragon Age Origins for instance. Well worth the investment.

SkullMan

Ravage wrote:

And charge $20 for each pack.

Hmm, I dunno W@W map packs were 10 a piece I think. They do not charge 20.

Z_Bone

SkullMan wrote:

What sucks for wii owners is that i don't think they get the option for maps huh?

Sure it will. The wii's already gotten an update for the game and they've confirmed DLC.

Do the Mario!

SkullMan

Z.Bone wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

Sure it will. The wii's already gotten an update for the game and they've confirmed DLC.

How does that work? The wii doesn't even have a HD big enough to store them...unless they are already on the disc and you are paying for them to be unlocked.

I don't believe any of the other CODs for the wii had map packs did they?
fixed your code -- TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Z_Bone

SkullMan wrote:

Z.Bone wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

How does that work? The wii doesn't even have a HD big enough to store them...unless they are already on the disc and you are paying for them to be unlocked.

Ask Treyarch, they're the ones who said it. The wii has plenty of room for a couple of maps. It can store entire wiiware and 64 games can't it?
fixed your code -- TBD

Do the Mario!

SkullMan

Z.Bone wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

Z.Bone wrote:

SkullMan wrote:

Ask Treyarch, they're the ones who said it. The wii has plenty of room for a couple of maps. It can store entire wiiware and 64 games can't it?

I think the 4 maps might be bigger though.
fixed your code -- TBD

ReddLionz

Reading data from SD card. Guitar Hero 5 did it, right? Why can't Black Ops? Although I do believe it will add to loading times.
And of course the DLC is worth it. Especially with Treyarch's Map Packs because theyz includez zombiez.

Edited on by ReddLionz

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

SkullMan

I mind buying maps as long as I like the game. I passed on MW2 DLC packs because I didn't care enough because that game was flawed. I enjoy Black Ops much more and I will buy the map packs...plus we need more zombie maps anyway.

MegaStoneSmash91

There's been two updates already, when are they gonna add the store? I'm so eager to play "Five" on the Wii (it better happen, new multiplayer maps wouldn't be bad either) and waiting is never fun. In fact, why not just give us all the W@W Zombie maps too? Better late than never, and it couldn't hurt unless storage space is an issue.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

nr_09

won't happen becaus they dont care for the wii...
the hardcore fans are on PC and Xbox360

wii fc (5466 8601 7571 1915)

SkullMan

nr.09 wrote:

won't happen becaus they dont care for the wii...
the hardcore fans are on PC and Xbox360

While I wouldn't say they don't care for the wii, because they did develop one for the console..they favor the 360 and PS3 much more, since like you said the hardcore fans are their and the numbers are there...millions of players world wide.

360 gets it's DLC and maps as timed exclusives and I don't think the first map pack drops until around March 2011. So IF they even do come out for the wii, it would maybe even be as far as fall of 2011.

bryguy1919

all i want is DLC with the pentagon zombie level that trayarch did not include with the wii

PSN: brrgpfife

salty1264

i might change my picture to black ops btw i put my favorite game of all time on.

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

bryguy1919

So far I have updated the game with 2 patches. The connection speed is now perfect. Before the patches I almost sold the game because of the terrible online connection. Thank you Treyarch!

PSN: brrgpfife

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.