Forums

Topic: Black Ops reviews and discussions

Posts 181 to 200 of 250

irken004

theblackdragon wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Let's just all agree that both systems have a quality version of the game and not focus on petty things.

this. it would be a wise choice for all involved if the bickering were to end.

Agreed. Any more bickering and I WILL DELETE THIS THREAD.

turtlelink

irken004 wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Let's just all agree that both systems have a quality version of the game and not focus on petty things.

this. it would be a wise choice for all involved if the bickering were to end.

Agreed. Any more bickering and I WILL DELETE THIS THREAD.

This is the easiest way to delete this thread. AUTOBOTS OWN DECEPTICONS IN BLACK OPS! /bikker

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

irken004

turtlelink wrote:

This is the easiest way to delete this thread. AUTOBOTS OWN DECEPTICONS IN BLACK OPS! /bikker

>:3 Touché

How is the leveling system? I know it's different from the other CoD games, so I'm interested to hear about it.

Edited on by irken004

turtlelink

Assault Rifle wise, Famas/Aug, Commando, and Galil.
SMG wise is pretty much all of them after that good that had PM.
Also Crossbows ftw.

@Irken, Its the same really. This time around though you have to buy the guns rather than just level up.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery

irken004

I read about that turtle, seems fine to me as long as I get the right weapons that I want.

How is the Wii version's maps? Too big? Too small? Lag? ELABORATE
You see, I'm getting it for Xmas :3

turtlelink

They're is only 1 true small map and thats Nuke Town. You can take out a whole team, including yourself(even when you're in a house) with a carpet bomb strike there. Thats how small it is XD. A lot are just medium sized maps. However, I am not a big fan of the large map Array since it is campers paradise and is huge with a giant station in the center. D:

TurtleLink's backloggery

ReddLionz

I like One in the Chamber. It's fun. And Sticks and Stones. And Gun Game. Haven't tried out Sharp Shooter yet.
@irken004
The maps do seem a little too large considering Wii's 10 player match, unless you're playing at Nuketown.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

Z_Bone

I did find the aim assist in the options menu, and it was already enabled. Could of fooled me. There is no aim assist to speak of as far as I can tell, at least nowhere near the ADS snap of Reflex or GoldenEye. It's making me a better aimer I guess.

As for the maps, some are too big, as treyarch sometimes does. Nuketown is tiny but a lot of fun. I really prefer smaller maps. I guess that's why I really like the maps in Goldeneye. As for the quallity of the maps, I've only had the game a couple of days, so I don't really know the maps yet. I have noticed a bit of a lack of variety in the maps. Not just cosmetically (there are three snow maps I can think of off the top of my head) but in playstyle as well. Some of the maps just lack anything to make them unique and they end up feeling kind of bland. Keep in mind I really haven't played the game very much yet (it's finals week), but it is a lot of fun so far. Very robust.

Do you guys have headsets and are they worth it? I noticed very few people online have them.

Do the Mario!

Z_Bone

turtlelink wrote:

However, I am not a big fan of the large map Array since it is campers paradise and is huge with a giant station in the center. D:

Huh. I was just thinking how Array was one of my favorites. Array, Jungle, Nuketown, and Villa are pretty cool. Cracked and WMD seem pretty terrible so far.

Do the Mario!

SkullMan

turtlelink wrote:

They're is only 1 true small map and thats Nuke Town. You can take out a whole team, including yourself(even when you're in a house) with a carpet bomb strike there. Thats how small it is XD. A lot are just medium sized maps. However, I am not a big fan of the large map Array since it is campers paradise and is huge with a giant station in the center. D:

Oh man Array is in my top 5 maps in this game. I tend to like the snow maps more...Grid, WMD, Array are three of my favs...I don't care much for Summit though that and Cracked are my least fav. WMD is so amazing, I just love it so many places to go.

I like Nuketown, it's great for racking up points and kills. Launch and Jungle are also two nice maps that offer some variety. I like Crisis because it's like two maps in one, and Firing Range is like an outside killshouse.

I hope the map packs have some extreme weather in them like rain or snow in a blizzard...I miss downpour and wetwork from COD4.

Edited on by SkullMan

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

irken004

Z.Bone wrote:

Do you guys have headsets and are they worth it? I noticed very few people online have them.

That's also one of my big concerns. Supposedly the headsets are actually really good quality, but I have no idea of how many players have them

Z_Bone

irken004 wrote:

z wrote:

That's also one of my big concerns. Supposedly the headsets are actually really good quality, but I have no idea of how many players have them

What I've found is that they would really come in handy on zombies, since it's only four players. But in normal team deathmatches, of the ten people I usually see one or two people with headsets. The funny thing is, you can still listen to the converstations if you want to through your TV and if there is two people they just talk to each other, wishing more people had headsets.

Do the Mario!

irken004

Z.Bone wrote:

irken004 wrote:

z wrote:

What I've found is that they would really come in handy on zombies, since it's only four players. But in normal team deathmatches, of the ten people I usually see one or two people with headsets. The funny thing is, you can still listen to the converstations if you want to through your TV and if there is two people they just talk to each other, wishing more people had headsets.

There is an option to mute the other players when playing, right? I'd rather not be playing with them talking with my family watching o.O

Z_Bone

irken004 wrote:

[div.userquote]z wrote:

<blockquote class="Bone">

irken004 wrote:

z wrote:

There is an option to mute the other players when playing, right? I'd rather not be playing with them talking with my family watching o.O

[/quote]

Definitely. You don't have to listen to their babble, lol.

Edited on by Z_Bone

Do the Mario!

turtlelink

You can mute them and it also automatically mutes yourself to them too!

TurtleLink's backloggery

irken004

Excellent. I'll consider buying one with some Christmas money if I have some left over.
Sonic Colors is a priority before the headset :3

Z_Bone

Wow, I just realized that there are actually 4 snow levels. Array, Grid, Summit, and WMD. Is that really necessary? I wish they would make some maps that weren't the same old war torn environments. The closest thing to what I am thinking is Nuketown, but why stop there? How about a fight in a mall or a grocery store? How about a fight on a farm where you can use cows as meat sheilds. Or a real neighborhood, not like Nuketown that is just two houses. Going through people's houses or backyards and seeing dogs on chains or hiding behind some guy's sweet sports car as it gets riddled with bullets. Do these ideas sound cool to anybody else?

Do the Mario!

SkullMan

Z.Bone wrote:

Wow, I just realized that there are actually 4 snow levels. Array, Grid, Summit, and WMD. Is that really necessary? I wish they would make some maps that weren't the same old war torn environments. The closest thing to what I am thinking is Nuketown, but why stop there? How about a fight in a mall or a grocery store? How about a fight on a farm where you can use cows as meat sheilds. Or a real neighborhood, not like Nuketown that is just two houses. Going through people's houses or backyards and seeing dogs on chains or hiding behind some guy's sweet sports car as it gets riddled with bullets. Do these ideas sound cool to anybody else?

Nuketown is a nuketown though, and it's meant to be small. Those ideas sound good in theory but the maps need to make sense within the context of the game, battles in middle town America would make more sense in MW2 where the battle was on our turf.

But for Black Ops in Cold War Era not so much. There need to be levels used in the single player and zombie mode, such as the science labs...that would make one sick level. Or perhaps the Vorkuta prison camp or underground tunnels?

I'm a huge fan of the snow maps here though much more than in MW2. WMD and Array put to shame Derail and Sub Base.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.