Forums

Topic: Black Ops reviews and discussions

Posts 241 to 250 of 250

Z_Bone

Thank you kindly.

Do the Mario!

sandpiper

Z.Bone wrote:

Am I the only one on NL that still plays this game?

I play regularly. I'm 5th prestige, almost 6th. A new patch came out today. Things are a bit smoother online.

sandpiper

Z_Bone

Great, I have to download another patch? What are they even changing anyway? How about a patch that gives us the missing Killstreaks!?

Do the Mario!

The_Fox

Z.Bone wrote:

Great, I have to download another patch? What are they even changing anyway? How about a patch that gives us the missing Killstreaks!?

Well, since the Wii hardware apparently can't properly handle the missing killstreaks during a multiplayer match a patch won't help with that. Same reason the flamethrower had to be removed.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

sandpiper

Patches are good things. I'm just glad it isn't neglected like CoD:WaW. We might be getting some DL content soon...

Edited on by sandpiper

sandpiper

Ecto-1

Z.Bone wrote:

To my knowledge, the patches in Black Ops aren't really issued to add new features. They are mostly used to fix glitches and slow down hackers so that the online doesn't end up like the original Conduit. Games on other consoles like the 360 get this kind of update all the time.

They probably can add new features (I think I read somewhere that a "Shop" would be added later to allow DLC).

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

MegaStoneSmash91

The most recent patch fixed a whole bunch of stuff, so in case anyone doesn't know what it did:

• While using the Hacker Perk, you can now see equipment through walls, which is how it already is on the other systems. (So glad they fixed this, Hacker is much more useful now)
  • The black screen that appears when you respawn doesn't stay there nearly as long now, so you don't have to sit there unable to see for 10 seconds anymore.
  • The Ninja Perk's effectiveness has been increased (or "fixed" really, because it didn't really do much before)
  • Increased Headshot multiplyers for Sniper Rifles
  • Any Multiplayer Map can only be played a maximum of three times in a row, so no more playing Nuketown constantly
  • Prestige Emblems are now in the same order as other systems
  • The invincibility glitch in Second Chance has been patched
  • It is easier to make crawlers in Zombies now
  • All the Weapons you can buy off the wall in Zombies have also been put into the Mystery Box (no idea why, I'd rather see the weapons that are missing from the Box on the Wii version be added)
  • The song that plays when you find all three meteorites on Kino Der Toten supposedly works now, but I have yet to test it.
  • Spawning has been improved so you'll no longer spawn near enemies

There were also a few more less important things that were fixed, and I assume they also fixed any glitches/hacks that still existed.

However, two of the most interesting changes the patch brought involve the Menus for Multiplayer and Zombies. In Multiplayer, after you have connected to Black Ops Online, an extra space appears underneath the "Combat Training" option. You can't move your cursor in the space, but it makes me wonder what they plan to put there...

In a Zombies Private Match lobby, an option reading "Change Map" apprears under the "Start Match" option. This pretty much confirms that the First Strike Map Pack will be coming to Wii. Either that, or it at least shows that new Zombie maps are going to be made available in the future.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Ecto-1

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

However, two of the most interesting changes the patch brought involve the Menus for Multiplayer and Zombies. In Multiplayer, after you have connected to Black Ops Online, an extra space appears underneath the "Combat Training" option. You can't move your cursor in the space, but it makes me wonder what they plan to put there...

That may be where they plan to put the Shop mentioned in the instruction booklet.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Z_Bone

So they basically gave us the stuff we should have got in the first place... Well at least they fixed hacker.

I played some Hardcore tonight and it was so boring and annoying. All anyone does in that mode is camp and wait for you to walk by them. Since I'm an active player, I was getting shot by all these campers everywhere I went. I eventually realized the only way to have fun on Hardcore: killing your teammates. But they only let you kill three until you get kicked.

Do the Mario!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.