Forums

Topic: ZombiU owns The Last of Us

Posts 101 to 120 of 128

shaneoh

shingi_70 wrote:

Don't both critical and Commerical success point to ZombiU being the worst of the three. Even ignoring that ZombiU doesn't do anything exponentially well and ends up being a glorified tech demo/

Well sure, if you think money made and/or other people's opinions matter when forming your own opinion of a game.

dumedum wrote:

with real effect to when you die.... having to go back and pick up the weapons which sometimes isn't possible anymore compared to just re-doing the scene again and again without any consequences....

And losing your skills.

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

DefHalan

dumedum wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

You would also lose a lot of the unique mechanics the GamePad brought. My favorite thing about the GamePad in ZombiU is looking though bags and stuff. The TV displays a zoomed out view where you can see a lot going on in the room while you look down at the GamePad going through stuff. It made me feel like I was actually going through a bag and looking up occasionally to check my surroundings rather than opening and closing a menu.

Completely agree... it was a total new experience.

At first I didn't notice it but once I did it completely changed the way I played the rest of the game. I love that mechanic lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DexInDaJungle

By that logic, Okami is a horrible game because it sold like 600k units to the 100+ million consoles sold lol

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Okami, quite possibly one of the most overrated & boring Crapcom games in Neo Rainbow Pastal dooder existence.

You're off the Will, Waveboy. No Gundam model collection for you. >:[

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DexInDaJungle

So any game that gets great reviews is overrated and any game that gets sub-par reviews is underrated and better than those games. That's what I've been getting from the gaming community lately, not just this thread lol

Twitter:

Ryno

CanisWolfred wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Okami, quite possibly one of the most overrated & boring Crapcom games in Neo Rainbow Pastal dooder existence.

No surprise, if it aint Mega, Mario, or Wario then no dice for @Waveboy.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

DexInDaJungle

Ryno wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

No surprise, if it aint Mega, Mario, or Wario then no dice for @Waveboy.

Seems like a short list but as long as he finds something he enjoys then I am happy for him.

Twitter:

Stephenr2190

No, I don't think Zombi U beats The Last of Us. Zombi U could have been a MUCH better game if it was given more time. One huge complaint of mine was the lack of different melee weapons! That bat was irritating. Way too slow, way too weak. Also, the game was ugly! The Last of Us beats it by a mile in the graphics department, and that was a "last-gen console". Now, what Zombi U really did well was the horror part! OH MY GOD! The antxiety attacks I suffered because of the game (not really). The stress of trying to not to lose my guy and the pain of having it happen...GAH! But still, The Last of Us was much more fun, and the characters really left an impact on me. Both good games, The Last of Us was much better.

Stephenr2190

Twitter:

shaneoh

creepingdeth21 wrote:

That bat was irritating. Way too slow, way too weak. Also, the game was ugly! The Last of Us beats it by a mile in the graphics department, and that was a "last-gen console".

It's not easy to swing a cricket bat overhead, take it from someone who has tried. Also grafffffffex =/= quality.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

R_Champ

shaneoh wrote:

creepingdeth21 wrote:

That bat was irritating. Way too slow, way too weak. Also, the game was ugly! The Last of Us beats it by a mile in the graphics department, and that was a "last-gen console".

It's not easy to swing a cricket bat overhead, take it from someone who has tried. Also grafffffffex =/= quality.

I'm not Francis from Super Paper Mario so I can't complain about Last of Us (haven't played it) but I hate it when "horror" or "Zombie" games are just Uncharted or CoD with Zombies. Yeah the cricket bat in ZombiU sucks, but it should! The knife in the original RE sucked...and that made ammo conservation and the choice to run in fear much more important. To each their own, but ZombiU is the only game I've played in the last five years that's even come close to preserving the survival-horror genre everything else just feel like another shooter (good story or not).

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

SCRAPPER392

I think that they could have done more with both games. I actually like the cinematics, but if that ends up being more important/prominent than the game itself, I'll pass.

ZombiU needed more time that it couldn't have, and they basically built 2 games during that development. Not only did that mess up their budget, but it made ZombiU not as good as it could have been(IMO). It was still decent, though. I just bought it on launch, no questions asked, because that's what happens at launch, when there aren't reviews.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Dreamz

SCAR392 wrote:

I think that they could have done more with both games. I actually like the cinematics, but if that ends up being more important/prominent than the game itself, I'll pass.

ZombiU needed more time that it couldn't have, and they basically built 2 games during that development. Not only did that mess up their budget, but it made ZombiU not as good as it could have been(IMO). It was still decent, though. I just bought it on launch, no questions asked, because that's what happens at launch, when there aren't reviews.

I wonder how much expectations influence games. I bought ZombiU because it seemed like it would be interesting, but I didn't have any expectations as to whether it was going to be great or horrible or anything similar, and to date it's my second favorite game on the Wii U (the first being Child of Light, which is about as different as two games can possibly be).

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

SCRAPPER392

Dreamz wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I wonder how much expectations influence games. I bought ZombiU because it seemed like it would be interesting, but I didn't have any expectations as to whether it was going to be great or horrible or anything similar, and to date it's my second favorite game on the Wii U (the first being Child of Light, which is about as different as two games can possibly be).

All I knew was that it would use the second screen well, the graphics were decent to good, it was in London, Ubisoft made it, and that it was a launch title. I was sold. I just bought whatever I could at launch.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

dumedum

SCAR392 wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

All I knew was that it would use the second screen well, the graphics were decent to good, it was in London, Ubisoft made it, and that it was a launch title. I was sold. I just bought whatever I could at launch.

Don't forget the amazing trailer.

I bought the ZombiU bundle which is still the best deal on Wii U to this day IMO.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Wonkers

dumedum wrote:

I bought the ZombiU bundle which is still the best deal on Wii U to this day IMO.

As did I.

ZombiU was fantastic. The story went a bit 'silly' towards the end, no doubt, but that's the strongest criticism I can level at it. Adored the atmosphere, (an absolute win with headphones in the Gamepad) coupled with one of the best if not the best and most effective use of Perma-death ever seen in games, as well as one of the best uses of the Gamepad per se in any Wii U game. Yep, it was magnificent survival horror, alright.

I won't ever forgive Gamespot for giving it a 4.5 or whatever because they called it claustrophobic and lacking in ammunition. How many S/H games actually manage to pull such a feat off, and yet they saw it as a negative. What most S/H turn into is Action-Horror which are seldom scary and are absolutely not the same as Survival Horror. Anyway, It is simply not possible to describe in words how much bile I would love to project in that reviewers direction for that one. Even EDGE gave it 8 out of 10.

As for the Last of Us, couldn't comment. But as soon as someone described it as HBO box-set gaming, that's an immediate turn off. Cinematic presentation just doesn't anything for me unless it's for cut-scenes. The whole game as a cut-scene is not gaming to me.

I also heard bad things about the AI which of course extends to ZombiU but I was too busy worrying about dying to notice anything unplayable.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/outside-centre-film-podcast/id816882615

Twitter:

jasonbra

I know Im in the minority but I agree. Loved ZombiU. Havent finished Last of Us yet. Im bored to death of it. Think the last time I checked I was around 70% done. Dont see the big deal of the game at all. Its nowhere near as good as Uncharted 2.

jasonbra

DefHalan

I want to play ZombiU again

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Gamer83

unrandomsam wrote:

Watchdogs will be rubbish (Or the review embargo would have been dropped already like Mario Kart was).

Ubisoft don't make good games. (Only one I can actually think of was a movie tie in Star Wars Episode 3 for the DS.)

The jury is still out on Watch Dogs. The second statement is completely and utter bs though. Ubisoft has made plenty of good, even great, games.

Gamer83

jasonbra

DefHalan wrote:

I want to play ZombiU again

Me too. Going to have to pick it up again. Its dirt cheap these days.

jasonbra

brooks83

You really can't compare the two games. Last of Us was not a bad game, it just wasn't for me. I very rarely sell my old games, but I sold The Last of Us.

brooks83

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.