Wii U Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Showing 701 to 720 of 2,048

AuthorMessage
Jazzer94Staff

Jazzer94

701. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

I got a feeling we might cry from how intense this game is gonna get.... :)

I hope you don't mean based on actual in-game emotional scenes. I mean, if Mother 3 didn't get me to cry, this probably isn't either. I'd actually love it to do so, but I doubt it.

though if you mean tears of joy at the absurd levels of awesome and content, I could buy that

I know I'll be crying tears of joy when I jump in my mech for the first time.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Action51

Action51

702. Posted:

I'll cry if this game gets pushed too far back into 2015!

Action51

AuthorMessage
Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech

703. Posted:

I'll cry too because that will most likely mean Zelda gets pushed to 2016!😪😭😭😢

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

704. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

I got a feeling we might cry from how intense this game is gonna get.... :)

I hope you don't mean based on actual in-game emotional scenes. I mean, if Mother 3 didn't get me to cry, this probably isn't either. I'd actually love it to do so, but I doubt it.

though if you mean tears of joy at the absurd levels of awesome and content, I could buy that

I know I'll be crying tears of joy when I jump in my mech for the first time.

Hey that's my line. Except replace tears with...nvm, yours is better.

...Wolf O'Donnel later crashed his Gundam, and went back to flying Wolfens...

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths

705. Posted:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I also would've liked british voice acting in the game. But hey, as long as they get good voice actors for the game, I don't care.
I have definitely heard good american voice actors before. Or maybe my standards just aren't that high.

I didn't mean to imply that there were no good American voice actors. There certainly are. I just meant that due to the lack of interest from American consumers, it's a rare thing to see quality American voice acting outside of a AAA game.

Troy Baker and Nolan North are godtier, but they're also expensive and high profile (or as high profile as voice acting can get here).

What is this ominous light that threatens to engulf me?!

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

706. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

I got a feeling we might cry from how intense this game is gonna get.... :)

I hope you don't mean based on actual in-game emotional scenes. I mean, if Mother 3 didn't get me to cry, this probably isn't either. I'd actually love it to do so, but I doubt it.

though if you mean tears of joy at the absurd levels of awesome and content, I could buy that

I know I'll be crying tears of joy when I jump in my mech for the first time.

Hahah that's what I meant :)

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 eventually.

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

707. Posted:

Shame we didn't get to see any more mech-gameplay from E3.
Still, exploring on foot is what I'm most excited about.. Hey, I wonder if they'll have any areas only accessible by mechs? I'd imagine they would.
Maybe different mechs could even get through different places. This has so much potential, I'm almost afraid to get too excited about it. xD

I also wonder what kinds of areas we'll see. So far, we've seen:

  • Small, dark forest in the beginning of the game
  • The first green area with plains and rocky structures everywhere, and the waterfalls
  • Neo Los Angeles
  • Desert area

Then there's that dark alien place from the second trailer... I have no idea what that could be, but it looks intriguing.

Xenoblade had certainly some interesting areas like Satorl Marsh and Valak Mountain. I hope to see more of places like that. This is an unexplored planet after all. Anything could be there! My excitement is through the roof. :O

OmegaMetroid93

AuthorMessage
Dezzy

Dezzy

708. Posted:

Is anyone else worried that this game seems to be a bit too japanese? It's hard to say from the trailers so far but it does feel a bit different than it's predecessor, if only in its style (I think it's those character models!)

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with things that are heavily designed around certain japanese themes and approaches to storytelling (the Tales series is one of my favourite and I absolutely love it). But part of the reason I loved the Wii game so much is that it seemed to achieve that almost Final Fantasy-like quality of being designed for an international audience (which apparently it wasn't).

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

AuthorMessage
CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths

709. Posted:

Dezzy wrote:

Is anyone else worried that this game seems to be a bit too japanese? It's hard to say from the trailers so far but it does feel a bit different than it's predecessor, if only in its style (I think it's those character models!)

Seems stylistically closer to Xenosaga, yes.

But I'm not totally against that.

Final Fantasy was heavily influenced by the granddaddy of RPGs, Wizardry. Both Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy were very "Western" games in the early days. I would argue that they became more Japanese as time went by. Final Fantasy XIII plays and feels much more like a JRPG than Final Fantasy IV did.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

What is this ominous light that threatens to engulf me?!

AuthorMessage
Tops

Tops

710. Posted:

@Dezzy I don't think I've ever worried about anything being too Japanese. The game looks so epic I can't wait.

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

711. Posted:

This game will probably uber Japanese since from a story telling perspective it reminds me of the early Monolithsoft games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Dezzy

Dezzy

712. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Seems stylistically closer to Xenosaga, yes.
But I'm not totally against that.

Final Fantasy was heavily influenced by the granddaddy of RPGs, Wizardry. Both Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy were very "Western" games in the early days. I would argue that they became more Japanese as time went by. Final Fantasy XIII plays and feels much more like a JRPG than Final Fantasy IV did.

Yep, Xenosaga is what I was thinking of.
I'm not sure how much I agree that Final Fantasy has become more japanese though. Maybe 13 was. But I'd say 9, 10 and 12 could easily have been made by western developers. 9 especially was more or less based on a collection of european historical periods (alexandria was medieval france, lindblum was victorian london, madain sari was ancient greece, etc)

Tops wrote:

I don't think I've ever worried about anything being too Japanese.

As I say, I do like things that are very Japanese like the Tales series. But I also like some variety. And I like that the Final Fantasy series has felt like a blend of east and west.
Most games out there are either very Japanese (90% of modern JRPGs), very western (guns!!!!!! muscles. Explosions. Powwww) or just so deliberately impartial that they lose any sense of culture (e.g mario).

And yes, I might've slightly over simplified what western games are like.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

713. Posted:

Story-wise Xenoblade didn't do a ton to be different from other JRPGs tbh. Its everything else about the game where the western influence came from.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Hy8ogen

Hy8ogen

714. Posted:

Action51 wrote:

I'll cry if this game gets pushed too far back into 2015!

Dude?

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

AuthorMessage
OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

715. Posted:

Yeah, the only way XCX is more japanese than XBC would be... Well, the visuals. Maybe it's just that the quality of the models are so much better than in XBC so you can see it better, but the characters seem to look way more anime than before to me.
I don't care about that though. People were complaining about the eyes a lot... In the beginning, I thought they looked weird too, but the more I look at them, the more it looks normal.. Maybe that's just me though.

OmegaMetroid93

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

716. Posted:

Based off screenshots and information....

I think Elma is the main character's new best friend. Lol she must be a soldier thats fighting against the bad guys.
The woman with the Monado hair item in her short brown hair must be Elma's friend and a new ally for the main character.

The ticking on that tall spiral thingie must be the countdown to destruction of the planet.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 eventually.

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Maelstrom

Maelstrom

717. Posted:

Blast wrote:

The ticking on that tall spiral thingie must be the countdown to destruction of the planet.

Nope, it's how much power they have left.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: Running / Countdown (Smash 3DS), Snowy Mt. Valek (Night),Reviewing the Scene of the Crime (Umineko),
In progress: Not sure yet

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

AuthorMessage
OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

718. Posted:

Is that confirmed?

OmegaMetroid93

AuthorMessage
CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths

719. Posted:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Yeah, the only way XCX is more japanese than XBC would be... Well, the visuals. Maybe it's just that the quality of the models are so much better than in XBC so you can see it better, but the characters seem to look way more anime than before to me.
I don't care about that though. People were complaining about the eyes a lot... In the beginning, I thought they looked weird too, but the more I look at them, the more it looks normal.. Maybe that's just me though.

It's a mech game. It doesn't get much more Japanese than that. Only way they could make this more Japanese would be by adding pantsu.

What is this ominous light that threatens to engulf me?!

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

720. Posted:

Mecha Pantsu...good name for a band?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!