Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 681 to 700 of 4,371

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

I hope Nintendo gets Nolan North, Troy Baker, and Laura Bailey for the VO.

...as the villains.

I just made your idea way more awesome.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

Anybody else think we're getting Xenoblade Chronicles along with XCX????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Spoony_Tech

Nope, in the case of the first game it was and is available to Nintendo fans. Bayonette however was not so that was a good move.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Tops wrote:

I don't think we'll be getting any bundle deal. At best you could probably hope for a reprint for those who missed out, but I doubt they'll do that either.

Well at least in America you can pretty much find it at any Gamestop now for under 50$ so here there is no need for it.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Blast

I got a feeling we might cry from how intense this game is gonna get....

Master of the Hype Train

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

I hope you don't mean based on actual in-game emotional scenes. I mean, if Mother 3 didn't get me to cry, this probably isn't either. I'd actually love it to do so, but I doubt it.

though if you mean tears of joy at the absurd levels of awesome and content, I could buy that

Jazzer94

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

I hope you don't mean based on actual in-game emotional scenes. I mean, if Mother 3 didn't get me to cry, this probably isn't either. I'd actually love it to do so, but I doubt it.

though if you mean tears of joy at the absurd levels of awesome and content, I could buy that

I know I'll be crying tears of joy when I jump in my mech for the first time.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Action51

I'll cry if this game gets pushed too far back into 2015!

Action51

Spoony_Tech

I'll cry too because that will most likely mean Zelda gets pushed to 2016!😪😭😭😢

MERG said:

CanisWolfred

Jazzer94 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Hey that's my line. Except replace tears with...nvm, yours is better.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I also would've liked british voice acting in the game. But hey, as long as they get good voice actors for the game, I don't care.
I have definitely heard good american voice actors before. Or maybe my standards just aren't that high.

I didn't mean to imply that there were no good American voice actors. There certainly are. I just meant that due to the lack of interest from American consumers, it's a rare thing to see quality American voice acting outside of a AAA game.

Troy Baker and Nolan North are godtier, but they're also expensive and high profile (or as high profile as voice acting can get here).

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

Jazzer94 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Hahah that's what I meant

Master of the Hype Train

OmegaMetroid93

Shame we didn't get to see any more mech-gameplay from E3.
Still, exploring on foot is what I'm most excited about.. Hey, I wonder if they'll have any areas only accessible by mechs? I'd imagine they would.
Maybe different mechs could even get through different places. This has so much potential, I'm almost afraid to get too excited about it. xD

I also wonder what kinds of areas we'll see. So far, we've seen:

• Small, dark forest in the beginning of the game
  • The first green area with plains and rocky structures everywhere, and the waterfalls
  • Neo Los Angeles
  • Desert area

Then there's that dark alien place from the second trailer... I have no idea what that could be, but it looks intriguing.

Xenoblade had certainly some interesting areas like Satorl Marsh and Valak Mountain. I hope to see more of places like that. This is an unexplored planet after all. Anything could be there! My excitement is through the roof.

OmegaMetroid93

Dezzy

Is anyone else worried that this game seems to be a bit too japanese? It's hard to say from the trailers so far but it does feel a bit different than it's predecessor, if only in its style (I think it's those character models!)

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with things that are heavily designed around certain japanese themes and approaches to storytelling (the Tales series is one of my favourite and I absolutely love it). But part of the reason I loved the Wii game so much is that it seemed to achieve that almost Final Fantasy-like quality of being designed for an international audience (which apparently it wasn't).

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CaviarMeths

Dezzy wrote:

Is anyone else worried that this game seems to be a bit too japanese? It's hard to say from the trailers so far but it does feel a bit different than it's predecessor, if only in its style (I think it's those character models!)

Seems stylistically closer to Xenosaga, yes.

But I'm not totally against that.

Final Fantasy was heavily influenced by the granddaddy of RPGs, Wizardry. Both Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy were very "Western" games in the early days. I would argue that they became more Japanese as time went by. Final Fantasy XIII plays and feels much more like a JRPG than Final Fantasy IV did.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

shingi_70

This game will probably uber Japanese since from a story telling perspective it reminds me of the early Monolithsoft games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Dezzy

CaviarMeths wrote:

Seems stylistically closer to Xenosaga, yes.
But I'm not totally against that.

Final Fantasy was heavily influenced by the granddaddy of RPGs, Wizardry. Both Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy were very "Western" games in the early days. I would argue that they became more Japanese as time went by. Final Fantasy XIII plays and feels much more like a JRPG than Final Fantasy IV did.

Yep, Xenosaga is what I was thinking of.
I'm not sure how much I agree that Final Fantasy has become more japanese though. Maybe 13 was. But I'd say 9, 10 and 12 could easily have been made by western developers. 9 especially was more or less based on a collection of european historical periods (alexandria was medieval france, lindblum was victorian london, madain sari was ancient greece, etc)

Tops wrote:

I don't think I've ever worried about anything being too Japanese.

As I say, I do like things that are very Japanese like the Tales series. But I also like some variety. And I like that the Final Fantasy series has felt like a blend of east and west.
Most games out there are either very Japanese (90% of modern JRPGs), very western (guns!!!!!! muscles. Explosions. Powwww) or just so deliberately impartial that they lose any sense of culture (e.g mario).

And yes, I might've slightly over simplified what western games are like.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

Story-wise Xenoblade didn't do a ton to be different from other JRPGs tbh. Its everything else about the game where the western influence came from.

Hy8ogen

Action51 wrote:

I'll cry if this game gets pushed too far back into 2015!

Dude?

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

OmegaMetroid93

Yeah, the only way XCX is more japanese than XBC would be... Well, the visuals. Maybe it's just that the quality of the models are so much better than in XBC so you can see it better, but the characters seem to look way more anime than before to me.
I don't care about that though. People were complaining about the eyes a lot... In the beginning, I thought they looked weird too, but the more I look at them, the more it looks normal.. Maybe that's just me though.

OmegaMetroid93

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic