Wii U Forum

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Showing 681 to 700 of 929

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

681. Posted:

I can see how some are saying this game looks like it took a step back graphically. I've only seen the Digital Presentation trailer and I thought it also looked more bland now. What they showed looked good but more generic then before. Still though this has me excited for a bunch more reasons then visuals anyways. Don't get me wrong it looks great but it has so much more going on for it.

I loved the first game but never finished it. The length and fact that I never seem to finish games lately got in the way. I thought the world in the looked absolutely amazing and on the Wii at that. The enemies also looked stunning. The story from where I got to was also very good. What took a back seat for me though was the combat system. Once you got to the topple mechanics it just seemed like you just continually did the same thing over and over and over. I hardly ever felt the need to use that new move I just learned because of this system. My only complaint from the first game but it does make up a big part of the whole game. I really hope the combat system is more balanced this go around as more and more rpgs now a day really make you think with certain enemies.

Anyways looking forward to this either way as I know the quality it will have!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Pahvi

682. Posted:

Sigh... I've just started playing Xenoblade Chronicles - the Wii game - and am just leaving for Colony 6, and I would've loved for XBX to have British voice acting as well. Alas, I doubt that is to be, with the ship being from the US.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?
Now playing: Hyrule Warriors, de Blob 2
Game impressions posts: http://backlogcompactor.blogspot.com/

AuthorMessage

Hy8ogen

683. Posted:

Pahvi wrote:

Sigh... I've just started playing Xenoblade Chronicles - the Wii game - and am just leaving for Colony 6, and I would've loved for XBX to have British voice acting as well. Alas, I doubt that is to be, with the ship being from the US.

With Benedict Cumberbatch voice as the ship captain? Day 1 buy fosho.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

AuthorMessage

R_Champ

684. Posted:

Pahvi wrote:

I was also liking the idea of British voice actors for X, but with the ship being from the US, that would be ridiculous and unrealistic. I just hope they don't dip into the typical-anime-voices pool. Don't get me wrong, I like most of those voice actors...but they are in EVERYTHING. One of the reasons I loved the British voice actors in the first one is because I'd never heard them before and it made me feel they were that character--not Vash the Stampede or Ledouche of the Rebellion, or that guy who got killed off early in that low-budget sci-fi channel zombie flick.

"'Act like an adult?' Shut up! I'm having too much fun playing Mario Kart!" -C.S. Lewis

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

685. Posted:

R_Champ wrote:

I was also liking the idea of British voice actors for X, but with the ship being from the US, that would be ridiculous and unrealistic.

Meh, I'll just pretend the UK got destroyed at some point. Lots of immigration. :p

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

CaviarMeths

686. Posted:

The main problem with American voice acting is that it's a job that most American consumers don't really care about. There's hardly a such thing as a voice acting "celebrity" in America. Nolan North is as close there is and 99% of you wouldn't recognize him if you saw him on the street. As a result, it's not really an industry that attracts a lot of passion or talent. Most developers, especially those who specialize in localizing JRPGs, scrape up the bare minimum required and hire some people to read some scripts.

I mean, Xenoblade Chronicles had half-assed voice acting and it still turned out better than any non-blockbuster game American dubbing.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

687. Posted:

I'm pretty sure Kid Icarus Uprising is the only Nintendo game where the NA voice actors were given any direction even.

I really hate when people don't put enough effort into voice acting. Like those Tales of games that actively take voice acting out of optional scenes because they couldn't pay the voice actors enough (because lord knows voice actors make a killing (roll eyes)). I mean I'll give some credit to Xenoblade where at least only the heart-to-heart stuff and some quest things didn't have the main characters actually speak. God forbid you see Ni No Kuni where half of the game is 10 seconds of voice acting in the middle of 5 minutes of dialogue.

That might be one of the reasons people have gotten more into Western games. Like the effort put into stuff like Mass Effect is super appreciated in this regard where every character has an actual voice instead of inconsistent bs (this is a big pet peeve of mine).

It's why I don't want voice acting in Zelda unless its top-notch and given to everyone.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

688. Posted:

As long as it's not as bad as Bravely Default, I'm fine.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: Running / Countdown (Smash 3DS), Snowy Mt. Valek (Night),Reviewing the Scene of the Crime (Umineko),
In progress: Not sure yet

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

AuthorMessage

OmegaMetroid93

689. Posted:

I also would've liked british voice acting in the game. But hey, as long as they get good voice actors for the game, I don't care.
I have definitely heard good american voice actors before. Or maybe my standards just aren't that high.

OmegaMetroid93

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

690. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I can see how some are saying this game looks like it took a step back graphically. I've only seen the Digital Presentation trailer and I thought it also looked more bland now. What they showed looked good but more generic then before. Still though this has me excited for a bunch more reasons then visuals anyways. Don't get me wrong it looks great but it has so much more going on for it.

I loved the first game but never finished it. The length and fact that I never seem to finish games lately got in the way. I thought the world in the looked absolutely amazing and on the Wii at that. The enemies also looked stunning. The story from where I got to was also very good. What took a back seat for me though was the combat system. Once you got to the topple mechanics it just seemed like you just continually did the same thing over and over and over. I hardly ever felt the need to use that new move I just learned because of this system. My only complaint from the first game but it does make up a big part of the whole game. I really hope the combat system is more balanced this go around as more and more rpgs now a day really make you think with certain enemies.

Anyways looking forward to this either way as I know the quality it will have!

Watch the Treehouse demo. Game looks amazing when you're actually out in the field.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

691. Posted:

I should but then I'll be spoiled and not want the game because I've seen it already! ;)

I don't need want to. Its one of those games I'll see when I pick it up.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Ryno

692. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I should but then I'll be spoiled and not want the game because I've seen it already! ;)

I don't need want to. Its one of those games I'll see when I pick it up.

Watching 40 minutes of probably an 80-100 hr. game(going by Xenoblade Chronicles), you will be ok and there will be plenty of new stuff for you to expereince. ;)

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

693. Posted:

You mran its not like the latest movie trailer where they pretty much show everything interesting or funny. Dang I thought they were going to show the whole story! ;)

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

694. Posted:

I hope Nintendo gets Nolan North, Troy Baker, and Laura Bailey for the VO.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

695. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

I hope Nintendo gets Nolan North, Troy Baker, and Laura Bailey for the VO.

...as the villains.

I just made your idea way more awesome.

AuthorMessage

Blast

696. Posted:

Anybody else think we're getting Xenoblade Chronicles along with XCX????

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

697. Posted:

Nope, in the case of the first game it was and is available to Nintendo fans. Bayonette however was not so that was a good move.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Tops

698. Posted:

I don't think we'll be getting any bundle deal. At best you could probably hope for a reprint for those who missed out, but I doubt they'll do that either.

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

699. Posted:

Tops wrote:

I don't think we'll be getting any bundle deal. At best you could probably hope for a reprint for those who missed out, but I doubt they'll do that either.

Well at least in America you can pretty much find it at any Gamestop now for under 50$ so here there is no need for it.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Tops

700. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tops wrote:

Well at least in America you can pretty much find it at any Gamestop now for under 50$ so here there is no need for it.

Wow, that's a great price for an amazing game which further adds to why I don't think they'll reprint it. I just meant that would have been the best I thought anyone could hope for if copies were unavailable everywhere. (I believe they've already reprinted it once already actually)

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat