Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 3,661 to 3,680 of 4,371

TheXReturns

@Nicolai You spam A until the option for off-tv play appears on the right hand side. Don't move the control stick.

@Eat_Pie I'm following a vague guide online, but I'm gonna need many more probes to make it work...

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

JaxonH

Man, I'm right at Chapter 12, but need a Level 50 skell (or 3). I'm currently Level 56 with a Pheonix and G-Buster for me, Elma and Lin. We all have Lv. 30 skells too. My 4th is L who is also Level 56 but using the starter skell with normal weapons (no Pheonix or G-Buster).

Just rearranged Frontier Nav and got my Miranium up to 49,500 and my credits to 104,500. A huge jump from the 29k/41k I was at for the longest time. Still gonna take forever leaving the game on to build enough credits for even 1 Lv. 50 Amdusias Heavy skell, not to mention arming it to the teeth.

Guess I won't be playing the final Chapter for a good week. At least I already have a Lv. 50 G-Buster I got from a Puge in Sylvalum. Have to buy a Pheonix for it though I guess...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheXReturns

@Pahvi @JaxonH I beat it at level 51, with four level 30 skells (A Mastema and three Lahliahs) It took forever, but it's doable. You almost have to have Phoenix Battle Wings for one segment though...

@Eat_Pie Yep. Same guide. I'm gonna need many probes.

JaxonH

@TheXReturns @Tsurii
Well I do have Pheonix equipped on my Lv. 30 skells. And Cracker series grenades for ranged AoE as well.

I did just buy the Lv. 50 Mastema Heavy Skell this morning before leaving for work- got my Lv. 50 G-Buster equipped. Should be able to afford Lv. 50 Pheonix when I get home. And then I'ma give Ch. 12 a go.

From what I hear though, if you lose any skells throughout battle it can get tough/near impossible. And to save right before starting chapter in case you do lose your skells you can start over. Sound about right?

I'm just worried about that shield thingy I keep hearing about. Not sure how or what to do, but I heard you can't damage the boss while that shield is up...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheXReturns

@JaxonH In a nutshell, yeah.

@Tsurii When your MC and two of your team are focused towards taking single enemies, with high damage/ recharge arts, it's tough taking on multiple enemies at once...

TheXReturns

@Tsurii I haven't really touched on Overdrive yet. I'm working down the classes, and I haven't got to the Photon Sabre yet. (Whilst just keeping my Rifle/Sword)

Eat_Pie

I'm doing the Longsword + Dual Guns build. It's really OP, especially in Overdrive. Ghostwalker provides protection while using Offensive Stance. Blossom Dance is what makes this setup work.

I bought a level 30 Amdusias and started farming for Phoenix and G-Buster. I successfully got them and they do a ton of damage. I find myself taking down enemies 10 levels higher. It makes levelling up a lot easier.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Darknyht

@Nicolai: If you start the game up, wait about 10-20 seconds (sometimes more) for the game to connect to the servers. Then press A and wait for it to load your savefile. You then should be able to tap the screen and bring up the off-TV play button (If it doesn't already appear). Just be aware it can take time for that initial connection prior to being able to press A.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

Darknyht

@Pahvi: I managed with four Level 30 Skells while at level 54/51/50/43 so it is possible. The biggest thing is to target limbs and destroy other targets quickly. I had the Giant Gravity Sword, a Gravity Shoulder Shot (both from Versus Skell), a purchased Phoenix for taunt, Thermal gernade for AoE and a beam saber for spare, and two different shields (one green and one blue) so I could Soul Voice better. There was a point that I actually abandoned the Skell to use my longsword arts. I honestly think that the boss is entirely beatable without Skells, it would just take some strategy.

My character was a Full Metal Jager with mastered Duelist and Galactic Knight. I equip with an Assault Rifle and Longsword and use the HP increaser, Skell Ability booster, Melee Auto Attack up, and reduce melee cooldowns booster if I am remembering correctly. I used a palette that is Offensive Stance, Magnum Edge, Burning Slash, Incendiary Edge, Rising Blade, Ultraslash, True Stream Edge, Defensive Stance. The longsword builds TP fast and Defensive Stance let's you tank, rebuild HP and with the longsword rebuild TP. Ultraslash with Morale builds TP fast and is AoE (for more TP). The first seven executed in order will unleash good damage. Near the end, I mostly stayed in Defensive Stance building TP needed to revive others and then attacking while someone else taunted.

Edited on by Darknyht

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

Eat_Pie

Does anyone know where to find 1 AHAB Anonymous AI? I've searched north of FN 418, on the ledge with Scirpos, but I can't find it.

Eat_Pie

TheXReturns

@Eat_Pie It's a really rare drop, I think...

TuVictus

Perhaps you don't have the level requirement or a basic mission requirement? Or maybe you have too many people in your party

TuVictus

Eat_Pie

@Tsurii
Thanks! I'll check there. I checked the Docs before, but all it says was "northeast Sylvalum".

@AlternateButtons
Check the restricted members, story requirement, and max number of party members. One of those things has to be incorrect, not allowing you to accept the affinity mission. You gain affinity by battling, or by selecting choices that your character likes. You have to have Lin and Elma in your party to accept the mission. You also can't have Doug, Gwin or Irina in your party. See this docs for more info: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tj...

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

AlternateButtons wrote:

@Eat_Pie Battling? Choices? I dont understand. Like do you gain affinity every battle? And what choices? Would you mind being more specific please?

Yeah. You gain affinity every time you battle. Throughout the game, you'll be given two choices to select from(I believe there was one in the beginning of the game). A lot of the times, these choices don't matter as they lead to the same outcome. However, some will lead to an NPC dying, or a different outcome than the other choice. If you select a choice and the character(s) like it, you'll see hearts above their head. That means you've gained some affinity with them.

Most of the Primordia probes can be gotten to without a Skell. Same with Oblivia/Noctilum. Sometimes you have to time your jumps correctly or find another way up.

Eat_Pie

briwipdx

@DiscoGentleman: eventually youll be able to add augment slots to weapons and armor using miranium

briwipdx

3DS Friend Code: 4398-9842-2514 | Nintendo Network ID: briwipdx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic